Doctor on the Barricade (21 Nov '13)

Share your art with us!
Belphegor

Re: A Howl of Dismay... (3 Dec '12)

Postby Belphegor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm so sorry I dropped off for a couple of months... Real life took a lot of room. I'll try to make up for it.

Cary, your artwork is jaw-droppingly amazing in general, and this last one is hilarious :D I must admit that's what I thought when I heard about the casting, too. Also, the second thing that popped into my mind was that the Cosette-Valjean encounter would have to be handled well - it'd be so easy for the poor child to be scared if Wolverine found her in the woods!

(I've decided not to see any of the clips until after I see the film - context is important, and I don't want to be spoiled ;) )
We who think we are about to die will laugh at anything.

Maria Combeferre

Re: A Howl of Dismay... (3 Dec '12)

Postby Maria Combeferre » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:07 pm

I was clever enough to watch "Robin Hood" with Russel Crowe in the title-role the night before I saw Les Misérables... Interesting to say the least.
It's easier to be odd or crazy or insane than to hurt all the time.

Be who you are and say what you mean. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail.

Cary

Doctor on the Barricade (21 Nov '13)

Postby Cary » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello Abaisse, been a long time! [waves]

Since I've already inflicted this upon the denizens of Tumblr, I might as well continue my path of destruction here. Eheheheh. :twisted:

Image <<--- CLICK ME

For midshipmankennedy. Based on a short fic of hers on Enjolras and Combeferre.

SPOILERS AHEAD

If you’ve seen any of my other day 2 barricade sequence pictures, you’ll probably have also noticed this discrepancy: Combeferre was wearing a half-apron in the others. I decided to go with a full one because I thought the blood would stand out much better against white than that blue waistcoat of his, …and also to drive home the message, “Look, guys, that’s a doctor you’re stabbing to death right there.” [And to be even more horrible about it: “… who may well have been the one treating some member of your family just days ago. Y’know, on account of the cholera.” >;-) ]

[I can and will hurt characters for your collective (non) enjoyment, in the name of Hugolian canon. And I’m not one for softening blows. Eheh. Heheheh.]

Maria Combeferre

Re: Doctor on the Barricade (21 Nov '13)

Postby Maria Combeferre » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:22 pm

Well, that will teach me to open links before reading descriptions :shock:

Still, it is as brilliant as the rest of your work, even if the subject is...well, not quite what I was prepared for on a Thursday evening.
It's easier to be odd or crazy or insane than to hurt all the time.

Be who you are and say what you mean. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail.

deHavilland

Re: Doctor on the Barricade (21 Nov '13)

Postby deHavilland » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:31 pm

Welcome back, Cary! Hope you decide to stick around and start posting more of your art here again! :D

This is beautiful -- in as much as a gory shot of Combeferre getting gutted with bayonets can be beautiful. I really love the blurred out, almost photo-realistic feel on this. Without having seen it with the half apron, I can't really compare, but wow, I think you made the right choice on making it full: the bayonet piercing his chest is intense.

Also, the camera nerd in me is going nuts about the focal length choices you went with. The bayonet in the bottom right being in perfectly sharp focus compared to the guardsman in front of it is the best!
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Return to “Fan Art”