Help me with cast information?

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.

Re: Help me with cast information?

Postby 23623 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:56 am

deHavilland wrote:Ramin Karimloo (JVJ) ...

... :shock: :shock: :oops: *headdesk*
I...aslsdlkfeijgflkasjafhwekjfl...I was listening to one of my favorite Valjeans but was totally unaware that it was him.

deHavilland wrote:Ramin Karimloo (JVJ), Hadley Fraser (Javert) ...

This actually exists? :shock:
Ok then. Now the totally crazy Confrontation makes sense, because it's these two. *shrugs*

Thank you, Havvy and Acaila. Words cannot describe how amazing you are. I'm considering uploading some pictures for identification next time if you don't mind... Sorry I'm exploiting this thread, but clearing up my little Mis collection turns out to be really troublesome.

No one knows who The Angry Javert is yet? :?:
Revolution, but civilization

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:24 am

We haven't tackled the second one yet because we wanted to examine it together, so we'll do it tomorrow when we both get home from work! ;)

Acaila didn't believe me at first when I said I thought it might be Ramin. Admittedly, my very first guess was James Gant, and that was pretty far off.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Postby 23623 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:06 am

Ah I'm sorry! Didn't mean to press. Take your time and hope you'll enjoy the game, lol.

So, pictures identification:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5O96 ... 1B5VFZWR28

I apologize again for being an annoying newbie and thank you for your patience!

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:58 pm

ALFOR1 - Alistair Brammer (Marius) and Nancy Sullivan (Éponine), West End: 2009/2010

ALFOR3 - Peter Lockyer (Marius) and Catherine Brunell (Éponine), Broadway: 2001/2002

Enjolras 1 - I always forget, this is either David Thaxton or Killian Donnelly, but I think it's Thaxton.

Javert 1 - Philip Quast (Javert), Australia: 1991

ODM 1 - West End: 2009/2010 cast, David Shannon (Valjean), Earl Carpenter (Javert), Alistair Brammer (Marius), Katie Hall (Cosette), Nancy Sullivan (Éponine), David Thaxton (Enjolras)

ODM 2 - West End: 2009/2010 cast, Simon Bowman (Valjean), Alistair Brammer (Marius), Emily Bull (Cosette), Nancy Sullivan (Éponine), David Thaxton (Enjolras)

ODM 3 - 3NT: 2006, Randal Keith (Valjean), Adam Jacobs (Marius), Leslie Henstock (Cosette), Melissa Lyons (Éponine), Victor Wallace (Enjolras) plus look: bonus Trent Blanton (Grantaire) and bonus Charlie Hagerty (Joly), mmmm!

"This one may be from a European..." - This is actually from an American regional production: North Carolina Theatre, 2014 with Lauren Kennedy as Fantine.

"Who's This Cosette She's So Cute" - Alistair Brammer (Marius), Emily Bull (Cosette), West End: 2009/2010

Those were the easy ones, I'll look more closely at the ones I didn't immediately recognize when I get home from work.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Oh man, that Enjy picture! Pretty certain it's Thacko, but it is so awkwardly like both of them! The first barricade piece I'm pretty sure is a European cast, one of the German language ones. I think the Enjolras might be Alexander Diepold,which would make it original Vienna cast. The other barricade one is from the London souvenir brochure that they've been using foreeeeever.
I was so confused by the ODM 3, because I had no recollection of Adam Jacobs doing the 3NT. I recognised him right away and automatically assumed first revival, but the Enjy was obviously not Aaron Lazar or Max von Essen so I was momentarily perturbed. Don't know how I forgot that.
I feel like I remember a Spanish, or possibly Mexican or Argentinian, Marius having hair like the one in the missing ALFOR.

Further derping last night with the audio!
I didn't realise Soliloquy in the folder was Valjean's Soliloquy so was sitting thinking Havvy was hearing things in thinking it could be Ramin in ODM.
One listen to that and "Yep, you're right, it's Ramin"
I forgot Hadley Fraser existed for a bit as well which was embarassing. I knew it was someone since Norm Lewis that I had seen live, it wasn't Jeremy and I ruled out both Tam and Thacko, but I completely forgot Hadley's run even existed until after I'd recognised others.
Excited for the other one tonight! :D
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Postby 23623 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:27 am

deHavilland wrote:Javert 1 - Philip Quast (Javert), Australia: 1991

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Excuse me while I throw myself into the Seine. When I uploaded the pictures, I was so worried that something like this might happen, and it did happen. Obviously, I'm no better than Javert at facial recognition. I thought I had kept everything from Aussie Mis in one folder but apparently this one somehow slipped...

Why do I have so many pictures from a production I've never watched anything of? :shock: Now I need to find something from West End 2009/2010.

Acaila wrote:The first barricade piece I'm pretty sure is a European cast, one of the German language ones. I think the Enjolras might be Alexander Diepold,which would make it original Vienna cast. The other barricade one is from the London souvenir brochure that they've been using foreeeeever.

I was so confused by the ODM 3, because I had no recollection of Adam Jacobs doing the 3NT. I recognised him right away and automatically assumed first revival, but the Enjy was obviously not Aaron Lazar or Max von Essen so I was momentarily perturbed. Don't know how I forgot that.
I feel like I remember a Spanish, or possibly Mexican or Argentinian, Marius having hair like the one in the missing ALFOR.

Ooooh now I'm starting to think that the barricade picture is from the Vienna cast because I have every reason to get it. I mean, if it is, then I totally know what I must have been thinking when I found it -- "Awwww is that the 12-year-old Aris Sas?" :P
Yes, I'm helplessly fangirling a Gavroche. Tanz der Vampire has ruined my life.

I later recognized Randal Keith myself. His um...size gives him away. :wink: That Marius looks familiar to me though. I'm sure I've seen him in videos but I never know his name.

Did I just read a Spanish Marius? Venture to guess: can he be the guy from 1993 Spanish cast? I like him a lot. This might be the reason why I have the picture in the first place...

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Yeah, Adam Jacobs was also Marius in the first Broadway revival, so there's a whole bunch of videos of him in that. Worry not, like I say I was having some major derps there!
He very well might be the 93 Madrid Marius. That was certainly what I was trying to google pics from but not coming up with anything.
Abaisse Chief/Chef

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:14 pm

Acaila wrote:I was so confused by the ODM 3, because I had no recollection of Adam Jacobs doing the 3NT. I recognised him right away and automatically assumed first revival, but the Enjy was obviously not Aaron Lazar or Max von Essen so I was momentarily perturbed. Don't know how I forgot that.

For me, since I saw that particular 3NT cast so many times while I was in high school, that's my preferred iteration of the 3NT, and I always think 3NT first with Adam Jacobs before Broadway Revival. :D Plus it's hard to miss Trent Blanton and Charlie Hagerty!

ALFOR 2 - I know we were all hoping that this would be Spanish Marius, but it's Matthew Porretta. He started on the 2nd National Tour in 1989, then went over to Broadway for 1990/1991, with the Éponine here being Natalie Toro.

Barricade - Vienna, 1989. With the incredibly blonde Alexander Diepold as Enjolras.

Enjolras 2 - This at the latest is from the West End, circa 2000. Which could feasibly plant it at Acaila's favorite Enjolras: Jason McCann, or mine: David Bardsley, but in reality I think it's earlier than that and neither of them. (Also because I feel like this picture is in the CSR track listing booklet.)

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:11 pm

I'm confident it's earlier than that, because I'm pretty sure it's in my first souvenir brochure, which was during McCann's run, and it's definitely not him.
Just thinking about the hair, is it Christopher Howard that's in that Save the Children Christmas show thing? I seem to remember him having quite big hair.

Yeah, it was a dumb things to miss, but it was just because I recognised Jacobs straight away, then got confused over the Enjolras. If it had been Christopher Mark Peterson I might have realised, but I know so few American barricade boys pre 4NT that I didn't even think to look for precious Charlie!

Super pleased at calling Alexander Diepold though! Don't know where I pulled that one from, but yes his hair has definitely stood out in the past.
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Postby 23623 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:17 am

I'm super pleased at the Vienna picture too. :D

While waiting for someone to recognize The Angry Javert and the rest of the pictures...does anyone of you want to play a performer guessing game for real? We can upload soundtracks and pictures and let others guess who the actors are. :D I'm not likely to succeed in this but I think it could be an eye-opener for us newbies too.

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:31 pm

We do this occasionally on a livestream: Acaila or I puts our boot collection on shuffle and we try and guess the performer. Always a good time.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:48 pm

We haven't done that in way too long, I'm totally up for doing it again! I'm actually pretty free this upcoming weekend - I'm off Friday-Tuesday, though at a show Friday night. But yeah, our D&D game isn't on and my bf wants to spend all weekend working on a project, so I could totally use some Mizzie funtimes to get social :D
Abaisse Chief/Chef

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:57 pm

I'm shooting that music video on Saturday, but free on Sunday.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Woooop! I can stay up super late with two days off to recover :D
23623 - what timezone are you?
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:40 am

*perks up at the word "livestream"* Hehe... I'll try to pop in whenever you decide to do it. :mrgreen:

And yeah, I love playing "guess the performer." I've been quite out of practice, but perhaps I can get back into it!

Return to “Les Misérables”