Show your Les Miz collection!

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Auf die Barrikaden

Show your Les Miz collection!

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Over the years many have gathered an impressive amount of stuff related to Les Miz, wether it be brochures, autographs, whatever, and I always like to see and compare. So show me your collections! Here's mine, at least in parts:

http://i52.tinypic.com/zufb61.jpg

Full view of my musicals/Les Miz shelf. Containing all albums, books and bits and pieces I gathered over the years. Bottom right: the Les Miz Interactive CD-ROM hull. Not pictured: clothing, only got a Miz T-shirt and the current "24601" sweater. On the right hand side you can barely make out one of my three posters which decorate my rooms.

http://i53.tinypic.com/zix79l.jpg

Collection of brochures. Top left to right: Vienna 1988/89 with autographs inside, Duisburg premiere(with inscript "Premiere Musical Theater Duisburg" on front), Duisburg 1997, Duisburg 1998/99. Bottom: London 1996(featuring Peter Karrie, Jeff Leyton, Michael McCarthy, Lea Salonga, David Bardsley), TAC, 25AC/QUAC, final Broadway. Not pictured: London 98/99, Duisburg cast list inserts.

http://i53.tinypic.com/29ekxfa.jpg

Top and bottom: Duisburg autographs, sadly only a small amount of the total. Center: London 96 program(with Frances Ruffelle), History in the Making, Vienna production photobook(quite a find), Berlin program with autograph of Oleg Vynnyk(Valjean) on back

http://i56.tinypic.com/desqbt.jpg

Top: Red cap give away from the last Duisburg show. Center: German 3-part brick. Bottom: "Barricades" and "The Insurgent Barricade"

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ee91di.jpg

Duisburg give aways: Left is a car ice crusher, right a packet of tissues. The inscription on the ice crusher is a pun on the German title of DYHTPS, "Hört ihr wie das Volk erklingt". "Hört ihr wie das Eis zerspringt..." literally means "Do you hear the crushing ice..." :D The tissue packet says "Give way to your emotions".

http://i53.tinypic.com/2w2ll3a.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/294thk3.jpg

And finally...my prop. Original production 500 francs note. Neat...and it can buy me a third of Cosette at all time. ;)

I left out my videos and albums as I mentioned them elsewhere already. Hope you enjoyed!
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

Enjolras-the-jaw

Re: Show your Les Miz collection!

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:31 am

I have collected a large number of recordings, bootlegged or not on my computer. The one I have are: TAC, 25th anniversary concert, 2 types of the 25th anniversary European tour, one is almost all of the audio, and the other is some of the video with Christopher Jacobson as JVJ. I also have most of the 2008 London with all leads, some of the 2008 London with Mark Dugdale and Johnathan Williams understudying, most of the 2008 Hollywood Bowl Concert, some of the 2008 Walnut Street Theatre production (Philadelphia), most of the 2007 revival, some of 2008 Broadway revival, all of the 2002 Broadway, the OLC, the OBC, most of the 1999 London, the 1993 Studio Recording (Dave Willets' Album), some of the Isle of Wight Concert (2009), most of the 2010 London cast with Simon Bowman as JVJ and Jeff Nicholson understudying as Javert, most of the 2010 London cast with multiple understudies including Johnathan Williams as Valjean, and a group of comparisons. Everything except for OLC, 1993 Studio, and OBC I downloaded from youtube with a website called keepvid.com :lol:
At the end of the day, I dreamed a dream that whenever I was on my own in my life, I would hear the people sing with a heart full of love under the stars. Les Mis, I pledge allegiance to you.

Enjolras-the-jaw

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Okay, so my computer crashed recently and I lost about half of these. I am working to redownload them, but I have also downloaded some new ones: file:///Users/Bennett%20Old/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202012-01-13%20at%2012.03.24%20PM.png

The link needs to be copied and pasted into the search bar to be shown, but it should work. :D
At the end of the day, I dreamed a dream that whenever I was on my own in my life, I would hear the people sing with a heart full of love under the stars. Les Mis, I pledge allegiance to you.

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:32 pm

You are going to need to upload that to the internet, someplace like photobucket if it is a pic. That is a link directly to your computer which we don't have access to unless we hack your network.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:38 pm

My newest catch from ebay: http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9479/lesa.jpg

Original costume from the Duisburg production. :D
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:01 pm

New addition: Image
Nice extra they did for the stint in Paris!

Also I was able to complete my collection of Duisburg programmes, so I got all editions from the opening night to the very last one. :)

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:00 am

Great thread idea! My stuff is all over the place so no chance of a pic, though it's probably not as exciting as a lot of this stuff.

Auf die Barrikaden - What's that book you've got that's something to do with barricades?
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:51 am

You probably mean this one: http://www.amazon.com/Barricades-Street ... 0312294794

"Barricades" by Jill Harsin.
A great read if you want to learn about real secret societies and republicanism between 1830 and 48.

Or you meant this: http://www.amazon.com/Insurgent-Barrica ... +barricade

"The Insurgent Barricade" by Mark Traugott.
Which is basically the book I was hoping to write someday when I studied history...

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:04 am

They sound awesome! Added both to my Amazon wishlist. Thanks for that :D
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Courgette

Postby Courgette » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:32 pm

Enjolras-the-jaw wrote:I have collected a large number of recordings, bootlegged or not on my computer. The one I have are: TAC, 25th anniversary concert, 2 types of the 25th anniversary European tour, one is almost all of the audio, and the other is some of the video with Christopher Jacobson as JVJ. I also have most of the 2008 London with all leads, some of the 2008 London with Mark Dugdale and Johnathan Williams understudying, most of the 2008 Hollywood Bowl Concert, some of the 2008 Walnut Street Theatre production (Philadelphia), most of the 2007 revival, some of 2008 Broadway revival, all of the 2002 Broadway, the OLC, the OBC, most of the 1999 London, the 1993 Studio Recording (Dave Willets' Album), some of the Isle of Wight Concert (2009), most of the 2010 London cast with Simon Bowman as JVJ and Jeff Nicholson understudying as Javert, most of the 2010 London cast with multiple understudies including Johnathan Williams as Valjean, and a group of comparisons. Everything except for OLC, 1993 Studio, and OBC I downloaded from youtube with a website called keepvid.com :lol:

Oh my, both of us are so alike.... :D

I've also got a LOT of cast recordings in every possible language I could find - French (Original French Concept Album AND 1991 Paris Cast Revival), Japanese (Red Cast Recording), Polish, Spanish (Original Spanish Cast Recording AND 25th Anniversary Madrid cast). Plus, English cast recordings of OLC, OBC, CSR, TAC, 25th anniversary Live Tour cast recording, 25th anniversary concert, 2012 motion picture highlights soundtrack, and a FEW renditions of some of the songs in languages like Hebrew, Dutch, Swedish, Czech, German & Hungarian.

Regarding the videos, someone uploaded an entire 1999 stage performance of 'Les Mis' on Youtube which I downloaded fully through Keepvid. Also, I've got the part of the Euro 96 closing ceremony which featured 'Les Mis', the London 21st anniversary performance which featured a reunion of the OLC singing Bring Him Home, Patti LuPone singing I Dreamed a Dream, and the entire cast singing 'One Day More'. I need to download many more videos!!!

And I've got the Brick in the English & French versions (unabridged), and a book about the Les Mis illustrations (some gorgeous artwork there!).
"Lord in Heaven, look down on him in mercy..."

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:37 pm

Due to a lucky encounter with an old friend I have 41 of 49 Les Mis Duisburg autograph cards now. :)
Last edited by Auf die Barrikaden on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:12 pm

Check out my newest addition! Original sash from the Broadway production, signed by the 14/15 cast:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Les-Miserables-F ... W/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Les-Miserables-F ... Z/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Les-Miserables-F ... c/$_57.JPG

Lovely piece!

edit: I forgot to post my unique prop collage from the Duisburg production. This was done by the prop department and auctioned off at the first summer festival 1996:
http://i61.tinypic.com/ka0kef.jpg

Ticket of leave
Cloth from the prisoner costumes
Candle from the Bishop
Loaf of bread :D
Fork
Letter to Fantine from Mme Thenardier (Dear Fantine you must send us more money...)
Feather from the Lovely Ladies costume
Costume cloth from Fantine's skirt
Fantine's letter to Mme Thenardier
10 francs attached to letter
3x500 francs notes
Playing cards
Coin wallet Thenardier steals from one of his guests (contains coins, some very exotic and old)
Book, one of two that Marius holds in Paris 1832 (It's an old German one)
Marius' letter to Cosette (Dearest Cosette, you have entered my soul...)
Marius' ring (!!!)
White rose (can't remember from what scene)
Piece of cloth from Cosette's costume
Student flyer
Domino stone
Bullet casings
Gold button, maybe from THE VEST?
Blooded sling
Piece of the red flag
Cockade
Green leaves/ivy, used for the Rue Plumet gates
A strawberry and a fruit, from the wedding banket
White fine cloth, probably wedding too
Valjean's confession to Cosette

And a plate from MOTH, signed by Steffen Friedrich (Foreman/Brujon).

cathydec04

Postby cathydec04 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:31 pm

Enjolras-the-jaw wrote:I have collected a large number of recordings, bootlegged or not on my computer. The one I have are: TAC, 25th anniversary concert, 2 types of the 25th anniversary European tour, one is almost all of the audio, and the other is some of the video with Christopher Jacobson as JVJ. I also have most of the 2008 London with all leads, some of the 2008 London with Mark Dugdale and Johnathan Williams understudying, most of the 2008 Hollywood Bowl Concert, some of the 2008 Walnut Street Theatre production Assurance dépendance (Philadelphia), most of the 2007 revival, some of 2008 Broadway revival, all of the 2002 Broadway, the OLC, the OBC, most of the 1999 London, the 1993 Studio Recording (Dave Willets' Album), some of the Isle of Wight Concert (2009), most of the 2010 London cast with Simon Bowman as JVJ and Jeff Nicholson understudying as Javert, most of the 2010 London cast with multiple understudies including Johnathan Williams as Valjean, and a group of comparisons. Everything except for OLC, 1993 Studio, and OBC I downloaded from youtube with a website called keepvid.com :lol:

It's a whole collection that you have my word. I would have liked to see that one of these days.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Just snagged a nice old London 1997 souvenir brochure with a few well known faces. Will need to get scanning, or at least take some pictures of it!
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Return to “General Discussion”