The stage door thread

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
HollyJane

Re: The stage door thread

Postby HollyJane » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:14 am

Flew up to San Francisco Thursday and saw Les Misérables - third time seeing it in the city. The stage door is super handy along Market St. Was worried it would be around the back or on the side - outside the Orpheum is the reality version of the show, if you get my drift. Waited a short while for Briana Goodman-Carlson (Éponine) to emerge. I gave her a gift and she seemed so shocked that someone would think to do something for her - very grounded and modest girl. I always wonder how it feels to be them in that moment.

TCRegan

Postby TCRegan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Aren't they just the most gracious and wonderful people? Like they can't believe that anyone would get them a gift. Glad you had a good time at the stage door. ^_^
However, this sceptic had one fantacism. This fantacism was neither a dogma, nor an art, nor a science; it was a man: Enjolras. Grantaire admired, loved and venerated Enjolras.

Grantaire, in whom writhed doubt, loved to watch faith soar in Enjolras.

Enjolvert

Postby Enjolvert » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:44 pm

When I went to London I was able to get a picture with Tam Mutu and he signed my programme too. I also got Liam Tamne autograph, spoke to Danielle Hope and some of my friends got a pic with Sierra Boggess. Plus we all got a pic with Craig Mather too.
The law is unjust.

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:54 pm

*lurkity lurk* Hi again, y'all! So California Les Misérables seeing never worked out. :cry: But Dad's planning on taking me to see Les Mis over in Philadelphia at the Academy Of Music. That is, if I masochistically remind him he still needs to get tickets for it. :shock: I was planning on stage dooring, but I have no idea where the stage door is, and I was wondering if any of you could help out? Tons of thanks and feet kissing, if you can!
Not active on here much, lurking only when necessary, for reasons most don't need to know. Contact info's on my profile. I might be active again later. I don't know. Until then lovelies!

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:15 am

It's around the corner on Locust. (yes, I just looked up the street because they're all named for trees in downtown Philly, so I start getting them confused.) The block is tightly packed, so the stage door is on the side of the theatre rather than the rear. It's well-marked, if I remember rightly (there was a huge crowd last time around). And there will definitely be a sheet of paper with Cosette on it stuck to the door for the benefit of the cast and crew.
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:08 am

MmeBahorel wrote:It's around the corner on Locust. (yes, I just looked up the street because they're all named for trees in downtown Philly, so I start getting them confused.) The block is tightly packed, so the stage door is on the side of the theatre rather than the rear. It's well-marked, if I remember rightly (there was a huge crowd last time around). And there will definitely be a sheet of paper with Cosette on it stuck to the door for the benefit of the cast and crew.

Thank you so much! I tried finding maps of the building on the website, and all I could find was the layout of the seating and things. I don't know if I was just being stupid and looked in all the wrong areas or what, but I couldn't find anything at all. Now I just have to decide what I want everyone to sign. Do I buy a new grey Brick for them to sign {so no one signs over any of my favorite sections in my first Brick}, or do I stick with the playbill? Then there's my idea of having Varela sign a separate Javertcentric thing I own {because Javert is like totes my least fave character OM teh G :wink:}, but transporting that thing will be a problem.

Haha! Speaking of them all being named for streets, we went to Philly once, and tried to find Walnut Street Theater, because of their way back Les Mis production I have video of {Paul Schoeffler makes some of the best Javert faces; Hugh Panaro does better as the Phantom than Valjean, in my honest opinion}. Couldn't find it at all {"couldn't" being the key word}, but I pointed out to Dad, on the way through the streets, a poster on the one building for a show I was interested in. Next time we went to Philly, Dad looked for the address of the theater before hand, and the theater's website had that wall on their front page. I facepalmed so hard.
Not active on here much, lurking only when necessary, for reasons most don't need to know. Contact info's on my profile. I might be active again later. I don't know. Until then lovelies!

Postby 23623 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Apologize for digging up an old thread, but this is something I really want to share. Honestly I've never thought that I could have something to contribute, but here we go:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5O96 ... HhGZElWRGc

This thing will definitely make me happy forever. :D

So this is from the Three Phantoms concert I went to today. Before the concert I asked an usher where the stage door is. He told me that he didn't know either, and then added “but you won't recognize them anyway.” And I was like :roll:. But fortunately I did meet them at the entrance of the theater. When I spotted Earl Carpenter I shouted excitedly “Mr. Carpenter!” but when he was really standing in front of me my mind just went blank and the first thing that came out of my mouth was “...is it really you? OMG I can't believe it's real!” And he said “eh...yeah, it's me.” (I guess he must have inwardly facepalmed at that) He was very nice though, and he actually did the rest of talking for me: “You want me to sign?” “Let's take a selfie then?” Finally my words returned to me and I told him that he's my favorite Javert (not entirely true but close enough) and that he's really amazing and stuff like that. I didn't really have the chance to talk to anyone else but at least I got autographs from Alistair and Kieran, though Lisa and David got away.

Btw how to upload pictures?
Revolution, but civilization

Return to “Stage”