...barricade day '11? 8D

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?
Hannah

...barricade day '11? 8D

Postby Hannah » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:00 am

THIS IS REALLY EARLY BUT... oh also I am not sure if this manner of pre-discussion belongs here, exactly, so if it does not my apologies! Um.

BUT WELL seeing as barricade day was so much fun etc this year and I am going to be in London for it next year and we do have a lot of people in or around the UK in the fandom I thought perhaps we could organize something for 2011? :D Like, and perhaps people in the US could do a parallel one there as well! But uh. I have been talking to Squeak and WE are all for this idea, but there's only two of us and that is not a party, so we're sorta poking around seeing who would perhaps be interested or able to come to such a thing!

We are trying to plan out relevant places to visit or things to do, although obviously there are infinitely less when you are not in Paris, buuuut. Obviously we could all see the musical one night! And, well, no one particularly related to Les Mis is buried anywhere in London to my knowledge, but they've got this collection of cemeteries all built in the early 1830s in response to the excess dead people piling up because of cholera which are all free to visit and very pretty. Also we could have a picnic? On a big red blanket. And a sing-song. And cake.

...I don't know. There's probs a lot of Romanticism-related activities we could do as well I mean HAVE YOU SEEN THE APOCALYPSE ROOM AT THE TATE? It's so full of explosions. &c &c &c. But yeah my knowledge of barricade day-related ...things we might be able to do is obviously somewhat limited so does anyone have any other ideas? Is this a GOOD PLAN or is it too early to start thinking about? What do you guys think? :D

Squeak

Re: ...barricade day '11? 8D

Postby Squeak » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:06 am

You're wrong, you and me is totally a party. You bring the spherical purple alcohol, I will bring the vegetarian meat substitutes.

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:09 am

Oh yeah I forgot to say if you guys do come I will totally make you exciting mixed drinks using the fiddliest purple liqueur ever

JUST THINK OF THAT.

Squeak

Postby Squeak » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:11 am

I can't decide if it looks slightly classier or slightly less classy in that picture than it does in real life.

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:28 am

IDK you can't tell how cheap the gold-colored plastic is in the picture.

...I swear it'll be fun, you guys

Really

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:45 am

Mmmmmmm....Chambord! I know a few cocktails that use it. Can also fiddle around with the odd drink using ingredients like creme de violette if that's how your tastes run.

I'll try and work my Paris/France trip (assuming it takes place!) around the dates for the UK...I can't imagine travelling over there and not spending at least a few days in London anyway.
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803
http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 am

Col.Despard wrote:Mmmmmmm....Chambord! I know a few cocktails that use it. Can also fiddle around with the odd drink using ingredients like creme de violette if that's how your tastes run.

I like to put it in things. Like fizzy water and tea, and ...milk

And then see what happens.

Omg I do hope you can come, though! :D /bounce! AND ALSO ALSO, I will totally have room for one or two people on my floor for a couple of days if anyone needs to ...have a floor... ...

Yeah.

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:26 am

I WANT THAT BOOZE LIKE NOW.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:31 am

MmeJavert wrote:I WANT THAT BOOZE LIKE NOW.

IKR. I bought it originally because it was the best-shaped bottle in the shop, but then it turned out to be ACTUALLY ALSO DELICIOUS which was an added bonus! Of course now I am not sure what to keep in the empty bottles (I am leaning towards sand), but oh well.

I'LL BUY YOU SOME IF YOU COME IN JUNE 8)

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:33 am

If I manage to come in June, it'll be enroute to Firenze and Ravenna. :lol: I doubt I'll be able to afford it, though, unless I get reaaallly lucky job-wise.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:39 am

Ohh, well :( Here's hoping! Like I said I have room for 1 or 2 people on my floor if that will help anyone with expenses. GOOD LUCK job-looking!

Roses for Ophelia

Postby Roses for Ophelia » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:04 am

....wrong side of the Atlantic AGAIN. Seriously, if i ever was on the cool side of the Atlantic, i would be bothering every. single. one. of you awesome people. :D

But....if the US people are interested, Les Mis is going to be touring here um....soon. Does anyone want to try for a meetup at the Papermill Playhouse in NJ for opening night...or another night?

(and yes, if we have barricade day meetups, there should be a US parralel meet-up)
Rivers belong where they can ramble...

Euphrasie

Postby Euphrasie » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:46 am

Opening night is going to be November 19, and it's going to move after December 19th, but I am going to hit that like a Spartan, since I live on Long Island. I'd completely be up for a night! (probably not opening night, because the last time I even got close to going to see something on opening night was when I was ten and we had tickets for Star Wars, but you never know)
I'm pretty sure my cat's been reading my diary.

Frédérique

Postby Frédérique » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:32 am

I have little to no chance of getting away from exams et al for actual traveling before mid-July (ETA: Despard, I fear that means I won't be able to trail you around France, unless you intend to stay on this side of the world for a very long time), but ... June 5's a Sunday, right? It might be workable (and you already know I am up for picnics and apocalypse at all times).

Roses for Ophelia

Postby Roses for Ophelia » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Well, if you want to get technical, Euphrasie, opening night is November 28. November 19 is first preview, which i consider opening night, because it IS opening that night. You always have better chances of getting tickets for first preview than opening night. So don't lose hope!
Rivers belong where they can ramble...

Return to “Announcements”