Activism board? :O

Any ideas on how to make this forum better and/or ways to implement changes to this place, please put them here.
Hannah

Activism board? :O

Postby Hannah » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:50 pm

So, because of how sad a bunch of people were in the Rant Thread about lack of ~revolutionary activity~ and stuff near them IRL, I thought it'd be a nifty idea to have a section of the forum specifically for talkin' about and organizing changing-the-world-type things! I know there's a looot of us who are interested in ~~social justice~~ etc, so I think it would be a pretty rad addition to the forums :D..

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Activism board? :O

Postby MmeJavert » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:31 am

I wanted to respond to this and let you know I am not totally ignoring it.

The problem is that I am pretty much undecided whether this is something that should have an entire board of its own or you can just have a thread in the General board.

My arguments are this:
AGAINST -- because this is really a LM discussion forum primarily, not really meant to branch out into every sort of thing we're interested in. But there's nothing stopping you from creating a thread and posting/recruiting in it.
FOR -- if I think there's a good enough reason to put in boards for books that aren't LM or Hugo, and musicals that aren't LM, then this can be done as well.

I actually, while I figure out how best to handle this, recommend that you create a thread in the General board for the time being, and then if a board is created solely for activism it can be moved.

If I do end up creating a separate board, it will be sliiightly more generalised than activism -- something along the lines of "spreading the Word of Hugo into the Real World" or something like that!
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Thanks MmeJavert! :D :D

Hannah, you want to do the honors of making the first thread/post? I'm sure you can think of a great opening to this topic :D
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:01 pm

OK, cool! I figured you had not forgotten and were just deliberating :D

@Aurelia: SURE! Give me a bit to get some relevant links together and I would be happy to create such a thread c:

Return to “Suggestions”