London Meeting Pre-Barricade Day?

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?

Re: London Meeting Pre-Barricade Day?

Postby 9430 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:38 am

Frédérique, though I haven't booked that many tickets I would hazard a guess that there will probably be some tickets hanging around pre June 19th, since it is only that particular day which is special. It is possible that there will be more seats in the May week, but I'm pretty sure that you will be able to turn up and get a seat either time.
aka Fiwen

Frédérique

Postby Frédérique » Sun May 09, 2010 11:14 am

Thanks, 9430! I asked Eppie Sue and she said roughly the same thing, so I'm probably going to decide according to when I can find better accommodation. May is looking nicer on the whole, although I'm dreading the idea of having exactly half a day between returning from London and departing for Paris (and on the budget I'm traveling I definitely need to stock up on provisions at home). It also leaves the dangerous temptation of robbing the nearest Bishop and running back to London again for the June week :P

ETA: Booked! Frédérique will officially become Fredericka from May 24 to 31. The next six weeks of my life are shaping up to be busier than the past six years. I love it!
Also, it seems the 29th would be best for a meet-up of all fans around ... ?

Eppie Sue

Postby Eppie Sue » Mon May 10, 2010 11:42 pm

In your own interest, go on the 29th May. It looks like the 31st will be a Thaxton- and Sullivanless show, from what I know. And that would be a pity. Not to mention that way you'd also miss our very own wonderful Courfeyrac, as it's therefore Mark Dugdale's last show as Enjolras.

ivrogne transfiguré

Postby ivrogne transfiguré » Tue May 11, 2010 3:50 pm

Well, I am now definitely going to be down on the 31st to see Mark for a last time. But, I agree with Eppie Sue, that you definitely need to go on the 29th now. And I will probably be there then as well. :)

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Thu May 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Sniff. No Thaxton as Enjolras on the 29th? Is he off all those days?

Ah well...

So 29th looks good at the moment, does it? What's the best way of organising this? I can send a PM around with my name and the contact details for our hotel...we're not putting our phones on global roaming, but are just thinking of picking up a SIM card when we get there for one of the old phones.
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803
http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

Eppie Sue

Postby Eppie Sue » Thu May 13, 2010 9:42 pm

Col.Despard wrote:Sniff. No Thaxton as Enjolras on the 29th? Is he off all those days?

Ah well...

No no no no no!
He's off on the 31st (Nancy Sullivan is, too). That's why I said, do come on the 29th. :D Mark Dudgale is a great understudy Enjolras, but he is an even better Courfeyrac. You will get Thaxtonjolras on the 29th. (unless he's ill, of course)

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Sat May 15, 2010 2:28 am

Woo-hoo! 29th it is! So excited!
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803

http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

Charlette-Ollie

Postby Charlette-Ollie » Sat May 15, 2010 5:12 am

Just wondering, is anybody going on June the 19th? Before I knew it was cast change night, I planned to meetup with some other people in Stamford on that day, but I haven't bought train tickets yet. I already have a ticket for the 17th, but if the 19th is going to be totally awesome it might be worth cancelling/changing the other thing.

Eppie Sue

Postby Eppie Sue » Sat May 15, 2010 8:15 pm

Charlette-Ollie wrote:Just wondering, is anybody going on June the 19th? Before I knew it was cast change night, I planned to meetup with some other people in Stamford on that day, but I haven't bought train tickets yet. I already have a ticket for the 17th, but if the 19th is going to be totally awesome it might be worth cancelling/changing the other thing.

... you bet. Anybody might be a bit of an understatement. More like, everybody. At least from the London people.
ETA: That said, it won't be totally awesome. It's cast change. :(

Frédérique

Postby Frédérique » Sun May 16, 2010 12:59 am

So-o-o-o-o ... are we arranging particulars when we're all there? That is - are we arranging particulars at all? or do we assume to recognise one another around the bar/s? or do we just all pile up in Col. Despard's hotel lounge (quite a sight that'll be!)?

Charlette-Ollie, I would come up again for some day/s around June 19 ... if I won the lottery D: it would have been almost possible since I had some money left and received an unexpected offer of private accommodation for that week just a day after I'd got all booked for May, but most of the remainder now ended up being eaten up by plane tickets since I waited around so long before ordering them that the price doubled (and the rest of the remainder will therefore be blown at the puces - why return home with little money and no use for it when you could return home with no money and plenty of dubious vinyl and/or decomposing headwear?!)-- well, yes. It'd require a heck of a lot of luck. But it's still my number one dream :D

That said, it won't be totally awesome. It's cast change. :(

Well, there's a chance it might be, in the vein of ... goofily improvised new lyrics? Or, generally, the-things-people-do-when-it's-time-to-bid-farewell? Maybe?

Eppie Sue

Postby Eppie Sue » Sun May 16, 2010 1:04 am

Frédérique wrote:
That said, it won't be totally awesome. It's cast change. :(

Well, there's a chance it might be, in the vein of ... goofily improvised new lyrics? Or, generally, the-things-people-do-when-it's-time-to-bid-farewell? Maybe?

That's what they do in the matinee. The evening will be tears and tears and more tears. It will, undoubtedly, be a great show, because some people will give it all for the very last time. But it's not exactly awesome, I suppose. (and, on a second note, it's not the show I'd advise anyone who hasn't seen the show or even this cast to go and see for the first time...)

Charlette-Ollie

Postby Charlette-Ollie » Sun May 16, 2010 3:12 am

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines that some people would be doing a spectacular job for their last performance, and last performances are usually overflowing with energy and emotion. I have to think about it some more, I'm starting to think that with the tour and everything, I might just die from the sudden exposure to professional Les Mis.

ivrogne transfiguré

Postby ivrogne transfiguré » Sun May 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Charlette-Ollie wrote:I'm starting to think that with the tour and everything, I might just die from the sudden exposure to professional Les Mis.

Tour doesn't count.

Charlette-Ollie

Postby Charlette-Ollie » Sun May 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Doesn't count as professional? I get that's it's different, my point is just that there hasn't been a professional production of Les Mis in Australia for over a decade, and I'm getting excited about seeing the show in Europe.

Eppie Sue

Postby Eppie Sue » Sun May 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Charlette-Ollie wrote:Doesn't count as professional? I get that's it's different, my point is just that there hasn't been a professional production of Les Mis in Australia for over a decade, and I'm getting excited about seeing the show in Europe.

;) It's largely got to do with the fact that some of us really, really disliked the tour. But who knows, maybe you'll like it. I wouldn't understand why, it doesn't feel like the original Les Mis at all... but yeah.

And yes, it will probably be a very intense show on the 19th. But then, there aren't THAT many leaving, actually, But those that are... yes. Killing themselves on stage, quite literally.

Return to “Announcements”