Random Idle Speculation

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
Schmerg_The_Impaler

Postby Schmerg_The_Impaler » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:02 am

Leaving now to see Hooo Panaro at my schooool (and Paula!)... hehe, I'm absurdly, illogically excited.
I am playing the Queen of France right now in a play. Try not to decapitate me.

Mamselle Miss

Postby Mamselle Miss » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:31 am

It is neither absurd or illogical, dear.

Have fun! :D
Laughter is not all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one.
-Oscar Wilde

Schmerg_The_Impaler

Postby Schmerg_The_Impaler » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:06 am

WELL IT WAS QUITE LOVELY.

I put more infoooes on that ^ > v game... though I'm sure Paula has plenty, and I don't want to steal her thunder.

MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:01 am

Schmerg looks nothing like her av. :lol:

It was a terrific evening and I've got some good video.

Stay tuned...

parnasse

Postby parnasse » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:21 pm

Yay, good video!

I've yet to see Hugh perform live. It'll happen someday, though.

Schmerg_The_Impaler

Postby Schmerg_The_Impaler » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:38 pm

Don't listen to Paula. She's a liar. I look EXACTLY like my avatar. I have six heads, each creepier than the last, no body, and the words "JAVERRENCE MANN" painted across me. *nod*

EDIT: Here's a video Paula took of him singing at my school: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH_E7GmCMEs

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:43 pm

Aw aw aw aw Carlos!

Also, Schmerg, you never fail to make me lol. Also, I never realised you were so close to me! (Close meaning... in the same time zone. In neighbouring states...)

And wowww, Hugh sounds amazing.

MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:53 pm

lesmisloony wrote:Aw aw aw aw Carlos!

I just have to post this one now...I have more for later.

I'll post some thoughts about the whole event later...it's been hectic catching up and I have a ton of updates I need to make to the site. And, Schmerg, I owe you a PM.

Schmerg_The_Impaler

Postby Schmerg_The_Impaler » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:21 pm

Oh, one more thing I have to say-- the photo of the boy in the plaid shirt interviewing Hugh? Well, that boy is the Class Creeper. His name is John, but he likes people to call him Diego, and he hits on everything in the whole world. That's why everyone laughed when he got called up, though admirably, he managed not to ask any inappropriate questions. I can see why he likes Hugh Panaro so much, because both of them like to walk around with their shirts unbuttoned, though John/Diego also likes to wear chest wigs or false mustaches. I have never met anyone with a sleazier, dirtier mind, but I have to say, John/Diego is pretty hilarious.

MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:00 am

Schmerg_The_Impaler wrote:Oh, one more thing I have to say-- the photo of the boy in the plaid shirt interviewing Hugh? Well, that boy is the Class Creeper. His name is John, but he likes people to call him Diego, and he hits on everything in the whole world. That's why everyone laughed when he got called up, though admirably, he managed not to ask any inappropriate questions. I can see why he likes Hugh Panaro so much, because both of them like to walk around with their shirts unbuttoned, though John/Diego also likes to wear chest wigs or false mustaches. I have never met anyone with a sleazier, dirtier mind, but I have to say, John/Diego is pretty hilarious.

Chest wigs?

I was actually surprised that Hugh was dressed so neat and proper for once! I'm not kidding when I say he took me to dinner in Seattle dressed almost as bad as a wino.

And that Hugh managed to keep all of his own comments PG-13. :twisted:

Anyhow...some ramblings...

I had to get up obscenely early and got the Grayhound bus from Albany to D.C. where my friend Jan picked me up.

Side note: The bathroom in the D.C. bus station is vile.

We had just enough time to grab some Starbucks, drive to her house, meet her dog (Dylan is a little space baby), get changed, and pack the cameras. Drove out to the school with Jan and her husband and got there at six o'clock.

In the hall, Jan and I both commented for the 1,000,000th time how much we dislike the head shot on the poster.

One of the guys from the tech crew met us in the hall and showed us onto the stage to meet Mark Shugoll, the organizer. Mark then took us right back to the drama class where Hugh was....

TBC...

Schmerg_The_Impaler

Postby Schmerg_The_Impaler » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:12 am

I was actually surprised that Hugh was dressed so neat and proper for once! I'm not kidding when I say he took me to dinner in Seattle dressed almost as bad as a wino.

Hahaha, I did notice that the BOTTOM couple buttons of his shirt were undone, though... I think the guy's got an adversion to buttons. (It's really weird, he was wearing the EXACT same outfit that my date wore to Homecoming, right down to the 'graph paper shirt.' The only thing missing was a dorky-looking boutonniere.)

And yes, John/Diego wears chest wigs... They look like carpet samples stuck to his chest. Urgh. In ninth grade, he went through a phase where he wore this weird purple Mardi Gras mask and spoke with a Hispanic accent of some kind. Straaaange.

In the hall, Jan and I both commented for the 1,000,000th time how much we dislike the head shot on the poster.

I AGREE ENTIRELY. And I guess now you know why that girl made the comment about the Phantom of the Opera not being 'that' ugly. But it was really strange when he was sitting directly in front of the poster... it was like his head was looking down at his head. Or something.

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:59 am

I love that in that picture it looks like Hugh is investigating why this small boy is unconscious.

MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:16 am

lesmisloony wrote:I love that in that picture it looks like Hugh is investigating why this small boy is unconscious.

Well, later on, I pulled Hugh aside and told him that he was SO boring that poor little Carlos really DID fall asleep.

Anyhow, I walked into the classroom. Hugh was sitting with his back to the door, but he stood up when he heard us come in.

Now, I had e-mailed Hugh to let him know I was coming (he already knew Jan and Jack were going to be there). Only he hadn't checked his e-mail in goodness-knows how long.

So he :shock: :shock: :shock:

Then he said, "OMG!!!!! PAULA!!!!!! HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??????? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE INSANE!!!!!!!"

Then he tackle-hugged me which made up for the number of times he told me I'm crazy.

He and Jan got into a political discussion for a bit, then Mrs. L. asked if the students from the tech crew could come in and meet him before the show.

TBC....

Schmerg_The_Impaler

Postby Schmerg_The_Impaler » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:50 pm

I just wanted to post here to say how obsessed my school is with Hugh Panaro. Ever since he came to visit my school, it's like he's West Springfield's patron saint. (Mrs Levesque is always talking about how "hot" he is-- AWKWARD). Whenever we're acting in theatre and we do something 'unprofessional,' Mrs. Levesque starts talking about how Hugh Panaro would never do that. "What Would Hugh Do" has kinda become a motto in our school's theatre department. And we totally present our monologues to a big poster of Hugh Panaro as the audience.

Today in theatre, we did improv, and I was playing Hugh Panaro who had accidentally served poisoned food as refreshments at a concert and was palling up with the FDA and a Witch Doctor to cure Mrs. Levesque and the ill students. I believe I used my healing touch, turned water into wine, and did musical therapy by belting out, "Being Alive." I was the only one immune to the poison because "I am Hugh Panaro-- I can do no wrong."

I just think it's hilarious how much WSHS loves Hugh Panaro-- because people would always pick up my math binder before and say, "Who's that on the front?" And when I said Hugh Panaro, no one had a clue who he was. Now he's like everyone's favourite actor. (And everyone I know who saw Les Mis at the Signature Theatre agrees that he SO should have been Valjean.)

MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Schmerg_The_Impaler wrote:I just wanted to post here to say how obsessed my school is with Hugh Panaro. Ever since he came to visit my school, it's like he's West Springfield's patron saint.

Hugh over dinner one night in Seattle: Paula, I'm no saint...
Me: Yeah...whatever. Just don't get all confessional on me now.

(Mrs Levesque is always talking about how "hot" he is-- AWKWARD).

Well, he is...though he shrugs it off when I tell him that.

But I liked her. We chatted for a few minutes after the show and she was really lovely. She reminds me of someone, but I can't figure out just whom!

One cute moment...when we were in the drama room, she asked Hugh if she could bring the tech crew to meet him before the show. He said sure and I could see he was having a great time talking to them, taking questions, etc.

Finally, Mrs. Levesque asked him if they were taking too much of his time. She asked if he wanted her to "throw them out" so he could rest his voice. Hugh immediately said, "Nooooooooooooo! I'm not a diva." I gave him a snide look and muttered that I know otherwise. That provoked "The Look" from Hugh. "The Look" is a hard-to-describe mix of mock shock and faux hurt feelings that Hugh gives me when I sass him.

"I am Hugh Panaro-- I can do no wrong."

That made me laugh out loud because I *love* to pick on him and tell him everything he's been doing wrong...especially when he hasn't done anything wrong at all.

I just think it's hilarious how much WSHS loves Hugh Panaro-- because people would always pick up my math binder before and say, "Who's that on the front?" And when I said Hugh Panaro, no one had a clue who he was. Now he's like everyone's favourite actor. (And everyone I know who saw Les Mis at the Signature Theatre agrees that he SO should have been Valjean.)

Your whole post really made me smile. I hope you don't mind that I'm e-mailing Hugh about it. He's a little stressed lately and I know it will make him smile...especially since it sort of backs up the last conversation I had with him. I was trying to tell him how much I admire the wonderful impression he always makes on people - whether it's the love and respect from his castmates or the way he interacts with people at the stage door or at an event like Artspeak. It's really touching and, while he realizes it, whenever I mention it, he gives me an awkward little grin and says, "Aw, really?"

Return to “Stage”