Greetings from a fellow crazy Les Miz fan :D

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
Séraphine

Greetings from a fellow crazy Les Miz fan :D

Postby Séraphine » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi there!
I've been around here as a guest for quite a while, so I thought I could as well sign up.
First of all, I'm from Germany so forgive me if my English isn't perfect ;D

Les Miz & Me:
Well, I probably haven't known Les Mis as long as some others here but I’m already obsessed I guess. It all started when my mum got to know the musical through her choir and she decided she wanted to see it live on stage. Since I had already known the Phantom of the Opera before and liked it a lot, I wanted to see Les Mis as well and guess what my next Xmas present was: a short trip to London and a Les Mis ticket for the 2nd row! <3 We both enjoyed the show so much that we went to see it again during our second London-trip last summer.
I've also seen the 10th & 25th Anniversary DVDs but I haven't read the book yet (I will very soon though!)

Ok, so that's how I got to know Les Miz. I guess I should also add that I tend to be really fangirlish sometimes..I mean c'mon..some hot actors playing the roles of those sexy French boys *drools*
Oh right, sorry, I almost forgot I'm writing an introduction here as I drifted off into my dream world ;D Yes, I'm a bit crazy sometimes but I suppose I'm not the only one here hehe.

Actually my musical obsession seems to have some good effects, too. I take singing lessons now, I started to become more interested in history, I'm reading more books, my English improved a bit and in fact, I've found my goal in life: I dream of being a musical actress now (mainly because I want to meet all those amazing actors) xD
I think that’s enough for an introduction so..
see you at the barricades of freedom!
Be young, have fun, taste Courfeyrac. ;D

Col.Despard

Re: Greetings from a fellow crazy Les Miz fan :D

Postby Col.Despard » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:31 pm

Hallo and welcome! delighted to see you've joined us here...we have a few members from Germany :)

Plenty of fangirlishness here, so that's no problem at all - dive right in!
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803
http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:07 am

oooh, I love your signature image -- where is it from? :D
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Séraphine

Postby Séraphine » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks ~
I edited this picture for my signature.
Another one of my hobbies..I love editing stuff :D

Séraphine

Postby Séraphine » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:44 pm

I've been away for about 5 years - can't believe how fast time has passed!
However I still love Les Mis and I'm going to London to see it again this year *-* I also remembered this forum and how much I loved to be on here sooo I'm back xD
I wonder if any of the people I used to know are still active on here but I'd also be happy to meet some new people again ^^

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Séraphine wrote:I've been away for about 5 years - can't believe how fast time has passed!
However I still love Les Mis and I'm going to London to see it again this year *-* I also remembered this forum and how much I loved to be on here sooo I'm back xD
I wonder if any of the people I used to know are still active on here but I'd also be happy to meet some new people again ^^

Willkommen zurück! :)

I'm going to see it in Tecklenburg this summer, looking forward to another open air Les Mis. London is still on my bucket list. Enjoy your trip!
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Guten tag! :D
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Séraphine

Postby Séraphine » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Dankeschön @Auf die Barrikaden! :)
Oh that's interesting, I didn't even know it's performed in Germany too xD unfortunately Tecklenburg is quite far away from me..but I will surely enjoy my trip to London - in fact I can't wait for it!

Und Guten Tag @freedomlover :D

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:27 pm

Welcome back! I’m James, and I live in Hawaii. I don’t think I’ve met you before, since I joined in 2012. But in any case, it’s awesome to meet you! I know a tiny bit of German mostly because of German-language musicals (mainly the ones Michael Kunze and Sylvester Levay worked on, plus German translations of other shows like “Les Mis” and “Phantom”). It would be fantastic to see LM in another language! :D

Séraphine

Postby Séraphine » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Hello James, nice to meet you ^^
Oh Hawaii sounds like a great place to live at! I'd like to go there for vacation some day when I earn enough money :)
The funny thing is even though I'm German I usually prefer to watch the English translations of musical shows even if there is a German one :lol: Somehow everything sounds better to me in English. However, it's pretty cool to learn new languages from musicals..it also helped me to improve my English skills. :D

Return to “Introductions”