Performers recommendation

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.
CC21106

Re: Performers recommendation

Postby CC21106 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:52 pm

Acaila wrote:I've been there actually :)

Wow!
First knew of it through this song, because my mum is a massive Donovan fan - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuu8DcKGuGU

That's new to me. Good one.
My second trip to Texas when I was about 14/15, we got so bored of Corpus Christi, [it is kind of boring] we drove up to San Antonio for a couple of days and visited. Was an interesting trip and somewhere I'd definitely recommend. Found the range of people who fought there very interesting - it seemed quite an iconically American thing, but obviously it wasn't really "America" as such then, and a lot were from Scotland, Ireland, etc. so it was cool to find that out.
For an extra focus group, I asked my boyfriend and he was able to give a reasonable summation too.

Excellent, I did not know whether or not to expect it to be well-known. I see it as one of the world's stark moments of history... boy, am I getting off topic.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:03 am

Things I liked about Corpus Christi - the Barnes and Noble, and the Outback Steakhouse. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. I did get to go riding on the beach, which I guess was pretty cool, but man, give me Galveston anyday!
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:20 pm

Acaila wrote:Things I liked about Corpus Christi - the Barnes and Noble, and the Outback Steakhouse. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. I did get to go riding on the beach, which I guess was pretty cool, but man, give me Galveston anyday!
I haven't been back to Galveston since the hurricane--but I liked it a lot when I lived in Houston and we could get down there. There was a good fish restaurant we used to go to.

When I was visiting Corpus last spring I toured the Lexington--saw about half of it in 3 hours. An aircraft carrier really is a floating city. As for the beach, well, it was OK but the Gulf water was so dirty I didn't get out in it. Riding sounds like fun.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:27 pm

Great steak restaurants too, though I imagine most of Texas has those :D I have fond memories of brunch on my first day in Galveston eating shrimp with a view over the beach!

Is it Battleship Texas that is at Houston? We went there one morning, and I left with 56 mosquito bites. My poor tasty blood :(
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:10 am

Acaila wrote:Is it Battleship Texas that is at Houston? We went there one morning, and I left with 56 mosquito bites. My poor tasty blood :(
Ah, yes, the coastal mosquitoes. I have seen them so thick it looked like ground fog.

Yes, that's the Battleship Texas. I've been there too, but as a kid and I don't remember much about it. It's been overhauled since (needed it). The whole San Jacinto area is sinking. They're going to have to do something to keep that monument from disappearing in the mud.

Return to “Les Misérables”