Hello!

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
ThatInspector

Hello!

Postby ThatInspector » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:16 pm

Hi there! :D

My name is Caroline, or ThatInspector. I am an actress and singer who has fallen in love with Les Mis! I've seen the musical several times on stage (and will be seeing it on Broadway in a few weeks), have listened to multiple cast albums over and over until I've memorized every word, and have watched the concerts and movie musical more times than I can count. I've just started reading the Brick, and I plan on watching different movie/TV versions when I finish it. Basically, I'm completely obsessed!

Also, my high school is doing a production of the musical in the fall (you can't imagine how excited I was when they announced it) and I'm playing Gavroche, which is fun and awesome.

So, yeah! Nice to meet all of you :)
~~~
No one ever told them that a summer's day can kill...

Acaila

Re: Hello!

Postby Acaila » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:12 pm

Hey Caroline, welcome to the forums :) Hope to see you in threads - please feel free to just join in with any discussion that interests you.
That's so cool you're getting to play Gavroche!
Do you have any favourite characters and performers?
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

ThatInspector

Postby ThatInspector » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:17 pm

Lovely to meet you!

My favorite character is Javert. I find his personality and role in the story fascinating, because he's not sadistic, or even really intentionally bad - he's just the antagonist. If I had to pick a favorite actor who portrayed him, it would be Norm Lewis.

And yeah, I'm super psyched to play Gavroche. He's another favorite - he's got so much energy and spunk! :)
~~~

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:46 am

Hi there, and welcome! Awesome that you get to be in your school's production of the show, and that you're playing Gavroche! I had lots of fun in that role once upon a time. And yes, Javert is a fantastic character! :D

My name is James. If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to let me know. Hope you have a great time posting around the forums!

Postby 23623 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:00 pm

Nice to meet you Caroline! Wow, you can never know how jealous of you I am now...you play Gavroche and you're going to see Les Mis on Broadway! Wish I could see it before the curtain falls in September. :( Good luck with your performance and hope you enjoy the show. :wink:
Revolution, but civilization

ThatInspector

Postby ThatInspector » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:39 am

Nice to meet you both! Yeah, I'm very grateful to have gotten tickets. I hadn't yet seen this production of it because I assumed it would be around for a couple more years, at the very least. And thank you! :)
~~~

Return to “Introductions”