Hello

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
Mlle Enjolras

Hello

Postby Mlle Enjolras » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Hello everyone. :) I'm new to this forum and I'm very happy to be here!

I'm actually very new to Les Mis as well. I first saw the musical in London in October last year. I thought it was literally the best thing I've ever seen on stage. Or in other (better) words: 'I did not live until today' haha.

Since then I've bought the OLC album and watched a recording of the 25th anniversary concert. I've seen parts of the movie and I've started reading bits and pieces of the Brick (meaning I skipped ahead as I wanted to read certain parts). I've loved every minute of it. I haven't had the time yet to actually read the whole Brick but I will in a few months. I honestly can't wait!

I think my avatar needs explaining. It's a graphic a friend of mine made using images from a game, Petz 5. This is a game from the old Petz computer series (1995-2002) that has an online community which still exists today. I used fan made programs to edit the files of the game to create a cat that resembles Enjolras. Said friend helped me with this, she is also the one who created my Éponine cat. The program has a screensaver function so now my screensaver is: Les Mis cats frolicking on my screen. I find this rather amusing, haha.

Other favourite characters of mine include Joly and Jehan, but I honestly like all of the Les Mis characters.

I can't wait to meet all of you!
Last edited by Mlle Enjolras on Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Permets-tu?
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.

Prisoner 24653

Re: Hello

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:11 pm

Hello, and welcome! I'm James. Great to meet you! :) I like your avatar! Seems like you're pretty well-versed in the musical, and it's awesome that you've begun reading the Brick. Hope you have a great time posting and chatting here -- I think we're a fun group.

Mlle Enjolras

Postby Mlle Enjolras » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:18 am

Hello James, great to meet you too! Thank you. :) I like your username! I'm sure I will, this looks like a really nice community!
Permets-tu?

Ilargi

Postby Ilargi » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:55 pm

Welcome, Mlle Enjolras! Your avatar is great! You have even the French flag in it! :D
If you are so excited about Les Mis after you've seen the musical, wait until you've read the whole brick. You'll reconsider the meaning of "I did not live until today". :wink:

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Welcome to Abaisse :) Feel free to join in any topics that interest you - we're a friendly lot :)
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Mlle Enjolras

Postby Mlle Enjolras » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Ilargi, thank you! :) It was my idea to have them sit in front of a French flag, I thought it would be fitting. ^^
Haha, I think you are going to be right about that one. :D
Also, I'm very glad you guys like my icon. I wasn't sure if it was the right choice for this forum.

Acaila, thank you for the welcome. :)
I'm pleased to meet both of you.
Permets-tu?

Return to “Introductions”