Anime?

Go on about how awful the movie adaptations were here.
Heidi80

Re: Anime?

Postby Heidi80 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm

lemonlye wrote:I'm about 28 episodes into this now, and am kind of ashamed how much I'm liking it. So much of it is weirdly book-faithful. And yet I'm laughing at it at the same time, because yeah, it's Les Mis with the harsh edges sanded off. (Now with more cute happy kids and helpful doggies! And bread magically appearing when people need it! And no prostitutes!) And how can you not laugh at Valjean's moustache and the way it moves around when he talks, without his mouth actually showing? Or the way anime-Marius' hair looks about to stab him fatally in the eye every second? Still...somehow a lot of it feels right. Or right enough that I'll keep watching for now, anyway. :)

Lemonlye, where did you find the anime? It's not on youtube

saminana

Postby saminana » Tue May 21, 2013 8:24 pm

it is - in italian 8)
do you want the link?
I just started to watch it...
-Who's there?
-French Revolution!

AFarawaySong

Postby AFarawaySong » Tue May 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Ohmigod I just saw Episode 44, my sister was insistent, and Ohmigod, Jean Prouvaire! I know it's for kids, but it was so sad! I was crying. It was a freaking anime and I was crying. #IAmSoNOTAshamed :P
♬ ❤ α ƒαяαωαч ѕσηg ❤ ♬

Heidi80

Postby Heidi80 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:15 pm

saminana wrote:it is - in italian 8)
do you want the link?

yes,please

saminana

Postby saminana » Wed May 22, 2013 7:12 am

Heidi80 wrote:
saminana wrote:it is - in italian 8)
do you want the link?

yes,please

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1C12D7B67CA403EA
-Who's there?
-French Revolution!

Habi

Postby Habi » Fri May 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Saminana,Thank you! :D

saminana

Postby saminana » Fri May 24, 2013 3:33 pm

You're welcome ;)
If there are any questions about italian, just ask...
-Who's there?
-French Revolution!

Lugitum

Postby Lugitum » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:33 am

This series has earlier been released on multiple releases in Japan, but they are very expensive. This year, an Italian company, Yamato Video, has released a 10 dvd deluxe edition which has only 1000 copies.

http://www.yamatovideo.com/catalogo_int ... olume=4542
http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00L18R576
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjGSdWBSLmY

It's back in stock on Amazon Italy now. You can log in with a regular USA Amazon account. You can use Google Chrome to translate the site into English, by right clicking on the webpage somewhere. I bought this today and they ship worldwide I think. It is also sold on the Yamato Video website but they only ship to Italy, Vatican City, and San Marino. It is also sold in the Yamato Shop in Milan, Italy. This was recently sold out on Amazon Italy so I suggest you buy it before they sell out the copies they have now.

These are the bonus features (I used Google Translate):
This deluxe edition exclusive gift booklet accompanying the work and containing:
- Introduction to the novel
- World Masterpiece Theater
- Cards characters with preparatory drawings
- From the novel anime
- Victor Hugo - author hints
- Places
- Gallery of preparatory drawings
- Design
- Illustrated Gallery
- Episode Guide

Here are two pictures of the dvd set:
http://www.yamatovideo.com/img/Covers/b ... _unico.jpg
http://www.yamatovideo.com/img/Immagini ... omo_3D.png

There are 10 dvd's and all 52 episodes. The audio languages are Japanese and Italian. There are Italian subtitles. The dvd's are region 2 but should play on a PC if you have the proper dvd drive and/or software.

If you want to watch this immediately, or watch some before buying, or don't have the money, I have more information. I have this series on my computer. There is a torrent file for the complete series in pretty good video quality, with English subtitles. Aoi-Anime, Wasurenai, and Licca did the English subtitles. This is the link:
http://wasurenai-subs.com/2011/03/les-m ... -batch-out

I have that, but I also bought the deluxe edition dvd set. Remember that there are only 1000 copies and Amazon Italy has recently sold out, so you should buy this as soon as possible.

Postby 23623 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:18 pm

I apologize in advance for my rambling because I'm incapable of coherent speech now. I...I discovered this...thing...last night (don't know if I'm the only person here who has never heard of this anime version...) Now I need to bleach my brain. Oh my God just...what is this?? :roll:

My view may be biased because: (1) I'm not an anime fan (2) because of that, I didn't plan to watch the whole thing and actually I only picked some death scenes, or supposed-to-be death scenes (3) and because of that there may be some misunderstandings. And if that's the case please feel free to correct me!

Before I start to rant I have to say that there's one thing that I absolutely love. The Bishop appears in the finale. Yes yes yes just yes. This is what should have happened in the musical. I've had this mental image since forever and now it becomes a reality. His appearance really makes my day! :P

What I really can't accept is...Javert. I watched the last episode (Valjean's death) first and there is a weird man (with "I am a villain!" written all over his face) murmuring in front of Valjean's grave. I tried my best but I couldn't make a logical assumption of who he is. I thought "Of course he can't be Javert. Javert is dead and he is not a villain!" Words cannot describe how shocked I was when I discovered that man is exactly Javert. I can never understand why Javert is portrayed that way and why he isn't dead! So I found the bridge scene. Javert just rambles for a looooooong time and...and then the sun rises and he goes back. Nothing happens. Oh my God why? Seriously I wanted to push him off the bridge at that moment. Poor, poor Javert, what have those anime makers done to you? *hugs book and musical Javert* *turns to TAC suicide for some comfort*

And then Gavroche. My reaction was exactly the same as everyone at the barricade ("what the hell is going on?" :shock: ) when a white dog which suddenly comes out of nowhere drags him away...and brings him to Cosette! This doesn't make any sense to me. I was thinking "well, at least the first part of the death scene looks good..." when suddenly he opens his eyes. I was totally speechless.

And Enjolras...dear God, I wasn't prepared for an Enjolras lying on the floor waiting for the gunshot! The scene shifts to Valjean and Marius after Grantaire's appearance, which gave me an impression that Grantaire will save Enjolras and they will both survive. I thought "no, this is getting more and more ridiculous: first Javert, then Gavroche, and now Enjolras and Grantaire?!" So I actually sighed in relief when the guards finally shoot them. :lol:

The death scenes of Valjean, Fantine and Éponine (I looooove it!) are quite good though. But Javert really sucks in every possible way and I'm not OK at all with this.
Revolution, but civilization

Return to “Movies”