Random things you've noticed

Go on about how awful the movie adaptations were here.
CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Re: Random things you've noticed

Postby CeridwenLynne » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:32 pm

WhoIam wrote:In part of the scene where Javert walks among the dead, they originally filmed a piece where Javert walked directly under Enjolras' hanging body. Eventually that bit got cut.

I don't think they should have cut that scene. It might have been disturbing to some viewers but I think it would have showed just how determined these young were and willing to die for their country. I hope they issue an extended version of the movie soon which includes deleted scenes.
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

Tapferhills

Postby Tapferhills » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Rebus wrote:[quote="Also also for the longest time I thought Eddie Redmayne in the background as they shoot the sharp-shooters on the roof and he shouts, "Grantaire, you're on the right!" was saying, "Grantaire, your OTHER right!" Was very disappointed when I watched the German version with friends and the dubbing was the first rather than the latter, meaning I'd misheard. But I was so enjoying the idea of Grantaire aiming wildly in the wrong direction; would have fit well with his drunken reaction to Valjean pointing out the sharpshooters in the first place.

Is it the line Eddie says right before "eyes forward?" I've been rewatching and rewatching, and unless it's when all the others are shouting as well, all I hear is "you're on the right." You're version is so awesome though, I wish I could hear it that way. :)

Tapferhills

Postby Tapferhills » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Rebus wrote:[quote="Also also for the longest time I thought Eddie Redmayne in the background as they shoot the sharp-shooters on the roof and he shouts, "Grantaire, you're on the right!" was saying, "Grantaire, your OTHER right!" Was very disappointed when I watched the German version with friends and the dubbing was the first rather than the latter, meaning I'd misheard. But I was so enjoying the idea of Grantaire aiming wildly in the wrong direction; would have fit well with his drunken reaction to Valjean pointing out the sharpshooters in the first place.

Is it the line Eddie says right before "eyes forward?" I've been rewatching and rewatching, and unless it's when all the others are shouting as well, all I hear is "you're on the right." You're version is so awesome though, I wish I could hear it that way. :)

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Pretty sure that's when it is. And who says "You're on the right"? Clearly "your other right" makes more sense ;) :D
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

CosetteMari

Postby CosetteMari » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:20 pm

The little fact that Fantine's working. Finally! I've never heard any news about her working on the stage. Um, that Cosette is not really THAT annoying, which is why I like Cosette now. I just don't know why, but Amanda seems to be a too sweet person without making me want to punch her dainty face (sorry!). I saw that on the DVD cover, Javert's the only one looking down. Look at Valjean, Fantine, and Cosette! They look directly at you, which kinda creeped me out at first (like they're keeping tabs!).
Whenever I see either Roy, 'Pony, Enjy, Mari, Fantine, Comb, Couf, Jehan, Joly, and Gav, I fangirl... too much. (Do you guys know who Roy is? Well, if you barricaders go online to the new performers, you might know... :D)

CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Postby CeridwenLynne » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:06 pm

When Enjolras is facing the soldiers he is holding the banner with his right hand. After he is shot and falls out the window it is in his left hand. Maybe he grabbed it with both hands after some of the shots hit him because he was in pain and then as he fell his right hand was the one that let go. Or was this a goof? Did anyone else notice this?
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:36 pm

I noticed it too and played it in slow-mo. He changes hands during the fall, which is a bit awkward.
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

Freespirited

Postby Freespirited » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:50 am

Not sure if this has been posted, of if this is the right place for it but, I found this on Flickr:

Filming of Les Misérables at The Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich. Photographed April 18, 2012 by Rob Powell

The Barricade Boys can be seen at the top of the elephant.
Attachments
tumblr_msjeepoRq81ql39g0o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_msjeepoRq81ql39g0o1_1280.jpg (188.03 KiB) Viewed 2710 times
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains fall out.

Alouette

Postby Alouette » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:50 pm

Auf die Barrikaden wrote:I noticed it too and played it in slow-mo. He changes hands during the fall, which is a bit awkward.

I noticed too. They didn't have too many chances to shoot this scene according to Aaron's Showpeople interview. I guess we could believe that the flag slipped but Enjolras somehow managed to grab it again, anything not to die without the flag. Except using the other hand, and while not being dead yet. But the exact timing of the hand change doesn't work too well for that idea.

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:07 am

Not so much a random thing I've noticed as something that I just found out, but John Barr, the Feuilly famous for massively cracking out on the "we'll be theeeeeereeeeee" line during the Chelmsford Concert in 1997 -- sorry for only remembering you for this painful vocal flub that got caught on tape, John Barr -- made it into the movie! (Congratulations?)

He's the convict at the beginning with the huge gash through the left side of his face.

http://harlequinhotelsandresorts.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/johnny-barr.jpg
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Je suis obsédé 24601

Postby Je suis obsédé 24601 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Did anyone else notice that the lighting didn't match up where the moon was during Russell Crowe's performance of stars? He was all like: "THEEEEE STAAARRRRRRRRRS" and meanwhile the moon was like behind him, but the light was shining straight on his face.
Rory listen she's not dead. *Actually* she is dead. But its not the end of the world. Well it is the end of the world. Actually its the end of the universe.

Sweet surrender, what a night!

Majestic_Picnob

Postby Majestic_Picnob » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:05 pm

I recently watched the movie again after FINALLY finding my missing copy of it and noticed something else: during the first robbery scene, after Marius and Cosette notice each other, they keep trying to get at each other while Valjean is busy giving to beggars/being mugged, but various other things crossing the road keep them apart every time they try! It's cute and actually pretty funny.
"Oh my God! I'll never have time to strike a pose!"

Majestic_Picnob

Postby Majestic_Picnob » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:30 pm

The boys die in the following order:

* Bahorel
* Feuilly
* Bossuet
* Joly, Combeferre, and Courfeyrac
* Enjolras and Grantaire

I couldn't find Prouvaire's death, unless he's the one who gets stabbed in the back as the Guardsmen climb the barricade.
"Oh my God! I'll never have time to strike a pose!"

TheOfficeIsClosed

Postby TheOfficeIsClosed » Sat May 31, 2014 2:22 pm

There is this one line Red And Black- I think it's "now there is a higher call"...

Anyone else notice Aaron's really strong American accent? :P
My theatre never closes and the curtain's never down!

TheOfficeIsClosed

Postby TheOfficeIsClosed » Sat May 31, 2014 2:29 pm

Rachel wrote:
This is a very minor gripe about it, but when Éponine was holding the letter and you could see Samantha Barks' soaked, muddy, but otherwise perfectly manicured nails.

For me it wasn't so much the nails-I think I vaguely noticed them at some point though, especially when seeing a still of that scene- as much as the EXTREMELY white teeth. That just annoys me and distracts me a lot...

I mean, it's one thing if they chose not to make her toothless, but they could have done something to her teeth considering they fixed the convicts' and Fantine's up quite nicely! :P
My theatre never closes and the curtain's never down!

Return to “Movies”