Random things you've noticed

Go on about how awful the movie adaptations were here.
Acaila

Re: Random things you've noticed

Postby Acaila » Sat May 31, 2014 3:59 pm

Eyebrows for me. Far too beautifully plucked!
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Majestic_Picnob

Postby Majestic_Picnob » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:34 am

Barks is probably too conventionally-pretty, yeah. Then again, the whole "waif" thing is some people's "type," which they may or may not have been banking on. :P

I do like that they seemed to get across some of Éponine's mental problems, though. Nothing overt, but she was given a few creepy stares and lopsided grins that lend a "Yeah, you're cute, but yiiiiii get away from me!" impression. At least I thought so.
"Oh my God! I'll never have time to strike a pose!"

Vignetta

Postby Vignetta » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:09 am

I can't believe it's taken me that long to notice this one:

Alright so, obviously red has a very strong presence in the movie. The flag is red. Enjolras' coat is red. A world about to dawn is red. Basically, red is the color of the revolution. If you've paid attention in art class, you know that the opposite of red is green.

Now, what color is Grantaire's waistcoat?

/pun dog face/

Darkhorse

Postby Darkhorse » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:51 am

Probably not so random, but having listened to, though not understood, the OFC, I realise Baron-cohen is pretty much copying the accent of their Thenardier. I hated it in the film, but I'll let him off a bit now.

Tapferhills

Postby Tapferhills » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:53 am

Majestic_Picnob wrote:The boys die in the following order:

* Bahorel
* Feuilly
* Bossuet
* Joly, Combeferre, and Courfeyrac
* Enjolras and Grantaire

I couldn't find Prouvaire's death, unless he's the one who gets stabbed in the back as the Guardsmen climb the barricade.

We don’t see Prouvaire get killed, but we also don’t see Bahorel or Bossuet. I think Bossuet and Prouvaire are killed by the shots we hear when Jean Valjean first begins hiding with Marius. (There’s a guy in a hat who gets killed near a window, and he looks like Bossuet, but it’s not him.)

And then Bahorel has an almost identical double – they wear the same type and coloring of clothes during the battle and have the same hairstyle. He’s the one sitting next to Gavroche during Drink with Me, and for some reason I think it’s him and not Bahorel who gets shot while Enjolras is reaching for him (if that’s the moment you were thinking of).

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:39 pm

We see Enjolras and Combeferre pull Prouvaire into the Musain after the hearbreaking pleads and beatings on the doors, so I assume Prouvaire gets killed sometime between Combeferre screaming "The door, we need to barricade the door!" and the remaining Amis getting up to the second floor. Which is also around the time Feuilly dies, don't we see him get shot while raising a gun? Bahorel and Bousset dies before the others enter the Musain, I assume.
Lamarque est mort [disco dances patriotically]

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:43 pm

Tapferhills wrote:We don’t see Prouvaire get killed, but we also don’t see Bahorel or Bossuet. I think Bossuet and Prouvaire are killed by the shots we hear when Jean Valjean first begins hiding with Marius. (There’s a guy in a hat who gets killed near a window, and he looks like Bossuet, but it’s not him.)

For funsies, in the new 25th Anniversary staging, Prouvaire actually runs offstage halfway through the battle and never comes back. So even in the actual show we don't see Prouvaire get killed.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:25 pm

Possible error I noticed while watching the movie the other night; at Lamarque's funeral when the Amis storm the funeral carriage we see Grantaire sitting next to the driver (Also confirmed in production screencaps), but when they arrive at the Musain to build the barricade he's sitting there with a woman on his lap, drinking (duh). Is it even remotely possible, and probable, for him to get to the Musain in the time between the innocent woman is shot and the others arrive at the Musain?

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:37 pm

I believe that is just the work of a deleted scene, of which there are allegedly many. Hooper probably had a little bit more meat between the funeral and the arrival at the Musain and it looks now like it's a mistake because the time between the two scenes is shortened.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:47 pm

deHavilland wrote:I believe that is just the work of a deleted scene, of which there are allegedly many. Hooper probably had a little bit more meat between the funeral and the arrival at the Musain and it looks now like it's a mistake because the time between the two scenes is shortened.

Man, I would like to see it with the deleted scenes.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:50 pm

CC21106 wrote:
deHavilland wrote:I believe that is just the work of a deleted scene, of which there are allegedly many. Hooper probably had a little bit more meat between the funeral and the arrival at the Musain and it looks now like it's a mistake because the time between the two scenes is shortened.

Man, I would like to see it with the deleted scenes.

Me too. I'd gladly sit through a 4 hour movie just to see everything. Especially the full versions of Drink With Me and ABC Cafe.

Return to “Movies”