Anime?

Go on about how awful the movie adaptations were here.

Re: Anime?

Postby 9430 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:21 am

Just jumping in to squee about the fact that they are now up to episode 32 with the subs, and look to be releasing them fairly quickly. Yay!
aka Fiwen

Charming Thief

Postby Charming Thief » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:28 am

Could someone direct me to these awesome subs? I would LOVE to watch them all! Plus, this anime is weirdly, surprisingly canon. Except Cosette and Marius's hair, Chou Chou, and stuff like that. I've only got up to ep. 28...
Thank you Orson Welles, for this genius Les Misérables old time radio show. Take a good listen.

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:58 am

Episode 41...SPOILERS AHOY!!!! (which is a weird thing to say, given we've all read the book a gajillion times, but these are...um...non-brickish)

Awwwww moment: Feuilly telling Gavroche the streets are filled with soldiers, so not to try and return after delivering Marius' letter

WTF moments: Combeferre saying there are so many wounded because the students aren't accustomed to using guns. This...from the man with his own personal armory.

Montparnasse waxing lyrical about the idea that the students might be fighting for a cause Patron-Minette might not understand for "eternity". While picking up a rose.

Great Leadership Moments from Enjolras:

- Drawing everyone's attention so he can tell the people who are treating the wounded to...um...keep on treating the wounded (what? Were they thinking of stopping?)

- Drawing everyone's attention so he can give them the newsflash that once the gendarmes withdraw, the army will arrive. And things are likely to get more difficult.
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803
http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:34 am

Episode 38:

Has anyone noticed how intense Enjolras is on praying in this series? He talks about it an awful lot. When they're worried about this General "Lamarche" everyone is talking about, he advises prayer. When the cheerfully lets two Amis wander off who have cold feet, he tells them to pray for them.

Awwwwww Moment: Grantaire pours a glass for Enjolras to toast him...and Enjolras takes it and raises a toast to France!

WTFery: Enjolras has not only already decided the Corinthe will be the site of the barricade before Lamarque dies, he has asked the owner's permission to build it there! Leading to the following lines from Combeferre which are...umm.....

"You have the nerves of an angel but the secrecy of a devil!"

Greatest Slash Les Mis Moment on Screen Ever: Combeferre telling Enjolras they've accomplished so much because they're "together"...followed immediately by his invitation for Enjolras to come home with him to the country after the Revolution is over. Which Enjolras agrees to do.

ULTIMATE WTF LINE: The two blokes with cold feet ask if Enjolras' girlfriend isn't worried about him...to which he responds that his girlfriend is his motherland, France, and he has to say she's been a bit of a disappointment.

There are not enough exclamation points on my keyboard for this.

COFFEE! Courfeyrac is sitting in the Musain with COFFEE in front of him at this crucial moment? Is he incredibly hung over or something?
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803

http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

hazellwood

Postby hazellwood » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:13 am

Col.Despard wrote:Episode 38:

Greatest Slash Les Mis Moment on Screen Ever: Combeferre telling Enjolras they've accomplished so much because they're "together"...followed immediately by his invitation for Enjolras to come home with him to the country after the Revolution is over. Which Enjolras agrees to do.

ULTIMATE WTF LINE: The two blokes with cold feet ask if Enjolras' girlfriend isn't worried about him...to which he responds that his girlfriend is his motherland, France, and he has to say she's been a bit of a disappointment.

I have been waiting for this episode to be subbed forever since I heard about those scenes and I even watched them raw and 'a bit of a disappointment' and omg Combeferre/Enjolras yayyyyy

So basically I love this episode.

Postby 9430 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:33 am

I have 37 onwards downloaded on my computer but haven't watched them yet, mostly because I'm watching Gankutsuou (which is a pretty cracky but also quite accurate take on Count of Monte Cristo). I remembered that the barricade scenes got a little weird, but obviously missed some of that crazy dialogue the first time around!

@ CharmingThief: The episodes you want are all available from Wasurenai fansubs, by direct download or torrent. You should be able to find them by google searching the episode you want.
aka Fiwen

Charming Thief

Postby Charming Thief » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks much, 9430. These are great quality and much farther along than the veoh!
Thank you Orson Welles, for this genius Les Misérables old time radio show. Take a good listen.

SilverLining1603

Postby SilverLining1603 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:02 pm

I just finished watching episode 44... is it a bit weird to admit I just cried at a cartoon? :cry:

Postby 9430 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Cartoons are just another way of telling a story, so why should you be surprised that they affect you in the same ways?
aka Fiwen

SilverLining1603

Postby SilverLining1603 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:22 pm

That's a good point. :)

Charming Thief

Postby Charming Thief » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:44 am

SilverLining1603 wrote:I just finished watching episode 44... is it a bit weird to admit I just cried at a cartoon? :cry:

Are you kidding?! I was literally sobbing at my desk by this episode. Les Mis is packed with heartbreaking human emotion, no matter what form it's in. The part where Enjolras sheds a tear when he is about to kill the artilleryman was the hardest part for me to watch. I love it in the book, too. So, so, so, sad!

Milky-chan

Postby Milky-chan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:55 pm

Where is it with subs? I watched it all back then on soem Chinese site with no subs.

SilverLining1603

Postby SilverLining1603 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Charming Thief wrote:
SilverLining1603 wrote:I just finished watching episode 44... is it a bit weird to admit I just cried at a cartoon? :cry:

Are you kidding?! I was literally sobbing at my desk by this episode. Les Mis is packed with heartbreaking human emotion, no matter what form it's in. The part where Enjolras sheds a tear when he is about to kill the artilleryman was the hardest part for me to watch. I love it in the book, too. So, so, so, sad!

Yeah... I feel a bit silly for saying that now. :oops:

DarthxEponine

Postby DarthxEponine » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Ok, so the full series is now available here: http://wasurenai-subs.com/projects/les- ... o-cosette/

SO excited to actually watch this entire thing and UNDERSTAND exactly what's going on... tried to start watching this about a year ago and gave up. Now I can sit down and watch this at home with my family every night for like two months. ;D

Now, I have a question that I really really need an answer to! Does anyone have any links to the full series (or at least episodes 20-ish through 40-ish) without subtitles? Basically the RAW HQ episodes? I've been dying to make music-videos to this series on my spare time. Doesn't have to happen, but it's been a dream of mine. "I dreamed a dream in..." *ahem*

And wow, I haven't gotten on here in forever. Hi everyone, again!!
Someday I'll find my very own Marius... :D

Postby 9430 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:53 am

I know that they are quite easy to torrent, but I can't see them anywhere else.
aka Fiwen

Return to “Movies”