BBC’s ‘Les Misérables’ Miniseries

Go on about how awful the movie adaptations were here.
deHavilland

Re: BBC’s ‘Les Misérables’ Miniseries

Postby deHavilland » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:46 pm

Some enterprising individual has put together a Tumblr just collecting the various and sundry coming out of the BBC adaptation.

(Speaking as someone with a lot of signed NDAs under her belt: wow, there's a lot of leaking going on.)
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:26 pm

We still only have confirmed Enjolras, Courfeyrac, Grantaire (and Marius) of the Amis on IMDB, and with filming of the barricade underway it seems we won't get more Amis than that. Which sucks. A little less excited about the series now, to be honest.
Lamarque est mort [disco dances patriotically]

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:47 am

Just so you know, the way IMDB works is that it's open-source. Typically speaking, when something is in production, people add *themselves* to a project. (Or agents might add their clients.) Sometimes someone from publicity will add a big name star to help hype up the film, but no one really pays any attention to the IMDB page until after the project is completed. Then someone from publicity goes through with the official cast list and the official credit (crew) list and adds and confirms everything in one go. The fact that there aren't any other Amis listed by name yet really doesn't mean anything at all.

Also, if I wanted to I could go in and make it say that I played Bahorel. It's like Wikipedia that way; anyone can edit until the final credit list comes out and a producer or someone associated with the production marks the credit list as "complete."
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:46 am

Queen Havvy to the rescue once again. Thank you :)

humanracer

Postby humanracer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:57 pm

All the students may not feature, even the 1934 adaptaion didn't have them all.

jemappellegrantaire

Postby jemappellegrantaire » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:53 pm

I am majorly concerned/burningly curious about the alleged sex scenes in the series. It's probably just going to be random background characters, but still...

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:25 pm

Is it supposed to be sexy?

I'm hoping for a literal interpretation of the angels watching Marius and Cosette get it on at the end.

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:19 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

humanracer

Postby humanracer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:07 am

Andrew Davies is a big believer in sexing everything up. He is also very talented and I am positive this will be good.

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Couple clips from the upcoming series here. Nothing to write home about, but from a cinematic standpoint it all looks pretty good.

(I.e. better than that horrible movie with unnecessary dutch angles and extreme close-ups.)

loyaulte_me_lie

Postby loyaulte_me_lie » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:06 am

Oh my gosh, I've just watched the video Havvie - I'm getting so excited! Can't wait to see how they do it.

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:45 am

Welp, the traileris here.

Some cursory thoughts after watching it exactly one time:

- Did the wardrobe/hair/make-up departments do any of their own research or did they all just watch the 2012 musical and call it a day?
- On that note, where are Cosette's mutton chop 1830's sleeves?
- Pretty sure I've seen a few of these shots before. Oh wait, I have. In the 2012 movie.
- I really enjoyed that the edit made it look like Gillenormand winked at Mme Thenardier.
- Tholomyes' hair cut says "I'm going to tell all my friends every detail about our sexcapades and then I'ma dump you"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:43 am

It really really reminds me of the movie. Also lack of blonde Fantine still grates, but doubly so with a blonde Cosette.
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Lugitum

Postby Lugitum » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:55 am

Great there is a trailer! I am very excited for the trailer and this adaptation. I liked a lot how Monsieur Mabeuf appeared at the very end waving the flag. The actual editing of the trailer didn't seem too strong but the actual adaptation does look great so far. Ideally it would have the proper dark and dramatic tone and be long and faithful enough. I also want it to not remove or change too much important stuff or add stuff that isn't in the book. I will be monitoring for news on this adaptation. What did you all think of the trailer?

What are you all hoping will be in this adaptation? I want to see Jean Valjean's arrival in Digne! :)

Return to “Movies”