Random Idle Speculation

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
MllePaula

Re:

Postby MllePaula » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:02 am

I know that one of Jennifer's dreams was to eventually sing with Hugh. Not necessarily on stage, but even just a verse or two. The last time she saw him, though, she was already too frail and just too tired.

But, in a way, she did get her wish. Before she started chemo, her husband was able to record her as Magnolia in a little local production of Show Boat and one of my friends was able to provide a recording of Hugh as Ravenal. Her husband was able to edit the tracks together and burn a CD...so she did get to sing with Hugh that way, at least.

On a cheery note...the Philly Inquirer did a terrific piece on Hugh today. I judge articles about him on whether or not they make me smile. This one did. And, well, I provided that photo. (I wouldn't have picked Lestat, but that's what the role they wanted...so at least it's the ONE good production photo...most weren't so great).

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnis ... _kid_.html

LaMisere

Re: Random Idle Speculation

Postby LaMisere » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:20 am

Awww, *Jenn*. That choked me up. My heart goes out to her husband, friends, and family.

MllePaula

Re: Random Idle Speculation

Postby MllePaula » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:58 pm

LaMisere wrote:Awww, *Jenn*. That choked me up. My heart goes out to her husband, friends, and family.

I've gotten to know her mother and husband pretty well since Jenn passed away. Alex, her husband, was supposed to meet Hugh before "Oliver" ended in Philly, but his flight was canceled by a snow storm. Then, he was supposed to meet Hugh after a "South Pacific" concert, but even though the producers had arranged it, there was some silly lapse of communication and they just missed each other. Then, another chance came...everything was all set...and Alex got bronchitis.

I know it really means a lot for Alex to have a chance to meet him and thank him for having always been so kind to Jenn. Hopefully, he'll have that chance soon, though...he deserves it.

Anyhow...pretty big news...Hugh is going back to Phantom next month. Hugh only got confirmation on Friday and I was sworn to secrecy until it was officially announced today.

Return to “Stage”