Random Idle Speculation

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:41 pm

Schmerg_The_Impaler wrote:HE'S COMING ON NOVEMBER FIFTH.

I am squeeful.

You're in for a really terrific experience. He's a really sweet person.

Anyhow, I'm thrilled beyond words...Hugh won the Barrymore for Valjean in Les Miz Philly last night.

Schmerg_The_Impaler

Postby Schmerg_The_Impaler » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:54 pm

SQUEEEEEEEE! CONGRATULATIONS TO HUGH!

I have used Caps Lock far too many times in this thread... but it's deserved, I think.
I am playing the Queen of France right now in a play. Try not to decapitate me.

Frédéric Dumont

Postby Frédéric Dumont » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:05 pm

Hey Schmerg... say hi to him for me, from that boy who drew the Lestat and sailboat picture. He'll probably remember. ;)

aka Darth Gilthoron
I am the lawrr and the lawrr is not mocked! *growl*
THE BLOOD OF THE SPAMBOTS SHALL WATER THE MEADOWS OF FRANCE!!!

MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:42 am

The good new is...

Jan...the lady who does a lot of photos for Hugh's site...has been talking to Hugh's agent and the organizer who's arranged for Hugh to come to the school. She'll probably be doing some photos and video for the site.

8)

Cute story here...Jan is a very dear friend of mine now, but I actually met her because of Hugh.

On Hugh's last night in Phantom, I remembered seeing a lady in black with a camera at the stage door. I assumed she knew him or was with Phantom.

Fast forward six months to the first weeks of Lestat previews. I'm sitting in the front row, waiting for the house lights to come down. A woman comes over to me and says...in the sweetest North Carolina accent..."Are you Paula? I recognized you from Hugh's last show at Phantom...I recognize your jacket." I was, of course, wearing the leather jacket which Hugh always autographs.

It was the same lady in black with a camera...Jan. She introduced me to her husband and son and, since we were all planning on stopping to see Hugh after the show, we agreed to meet back at the stage door.

We ran into each other again at the final Lestat performance a month and a half later and we hung out at Hugh's amFAR benefit right before he flew to Seattle for "Company."

We ended up e-mailing each other a lot...and, in the process, we became really good friends. She was awesomely supportive during that mess with the Drewbies and it turns out we both met Hugh for the first time on the exact same day. Hugh likes her and her whole family...he calls them his "Washington brigade."

Somewhere along the line, she volunteered to take photos for the site. Both she and her husband are serious photographers...so I made her a member of our little "staff." So, she was my partner-in-crime for the Les Miz opening night.

Schmerg_The_Impaler

Postby Schmerg_The_Impaler » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:55 am

Ooh. If there are any pictures including me, I'll mention it and leave you all going crazy trying to figure out which one is me. Mwahaha.

Seriously, I'm really, really excited. And you can't turn a corner at my school without a huge picture of Hugh's face staring back at you. (Funny story-- the posters say, "Come meet the real Phantom of the Opera." I was walking down the hall, and I saw a small girl pause, give the poster a thoughtful look, and then say, "Hmm... he's not THAT ugly.")

MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:25 am

Now, why didn't we have posters like that when I was in school?

:lol:

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:20 am

Hahaha, wow, your school is EVEN MORE AWESOME, Schmerg.

Also, I have a sweet little North Carolina accent! Actually, it's more dreadful than sweet, but that's... okay... people hear you and immediately think you're an idiot, ya know?

Nessa

Postby Nessa » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:30 am

Hugh is absolutely not ugly! :wink:

Paula, your sig always makes me giggle.
VALJEAN/JAVERT is OTP
I'm a Britten fan and demmed proud of it

MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:59 pm

Looney, I'm not good at imitating accents, but whenever I spend time with Jan, I end up speaking with a NC accent for a few days after.

Nessa, speaking of sigs, I agree with yours!

*fangirls Valjean*

Anyhow, all personal bias aside, I have to say that Hugh is better looking in person than in even the best photos. Jan agrees with me and doesn't mind saying so right in front of her husband.

Also, there is a slim chance I might be able to attend this with Jan. It will depend on whether or not my editor pays me in time, but if he does...well, it's about a nine hour bus trip for me and I won't even have time to stay over with Jan's family...but I'll do it.

Bramblefox

Postby Bramblefox » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:09 am

Okay...I feel kinda dumb for asking this, but what exactly is this thread about?
"There, I have burned my coat. They always make the fires too damn hot in these stoves."
http://bramblefox.weebly.com

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:19 am

This is the all-purpose Hugh Panaro thread. Started when another thread veered off-topic into speculating about whether Hugh would be Valjean at Walnut Street Theatre's production of Les Mis last spring, it has sort of just become the repository for All Things Panaro.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:10 am

MmeJavert wrote: All Things Panaro.

My friend, Jimmy The Cat, read that over my shoulder and said, "That's the story of your life, sweetheart."

I elbowed him in the ribs and told him not to call me sweetheart.

Well, I've got a new laptop case packed with my laptop, my digital camera, my digital audio recorder...it's going to be a busy evening for me tomorrow.

Schmerg_The_Impaler

Postby Schmerg_The_Impaler » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:55 am

I really hope that Jimmy the Cat is not a real cat.

Because then you'd have bigger problems than loving Mr. P. a little too much.

MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:10 am

Schmerg_The_Impaler wrote:I really hope that Jimmy the Cat is not a real cat.

Because then you'd have bigger problems than loving Mr. P. a little too much.

Nah, The Cat is human...my Brooklyn friend...well, he thinks he's my bodyguard or something.

My dog, on the other hand, LOVES Hugh...he always recognizes his scent on my clothing.

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:31 am

Haha, Paula, I saw where your status said something about bus tickets... and one of your friends' immediate response was "Is this something Hugh-related?"

I lol'd.

Return to “Stage”