Les Mis at the Olympics

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
between4walls

Les Mis at the Olympics

Postby between4walls » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:54 am

This Olympics we get two rival Les Mis programs!

Last night, in the team skating event, pairs skaters Takahashi and Kihara of Japan did a long program to a medley from Les Misérables (unfortunately, they had a fall). The medley used AtEotD, IDAD, Éponine's part of One Day More and DYHTPS/Finale. I can't find video from last night, but you can watch the program from Japanese Nationals here.

We'll see another Les Mis routine from US pairs team Felicia Zhang and Nathan Bartholomay in the actual pairs event- they did it at the US Nationals and came in 2nd. You can see their Nationals performance here. Their medley includes Who Am I?, Waltz of Treachery, On My Own, and some battle music I can't pin down exactly.

Kihara's costume is a cute blue dress with a tattered skirt (strips of fabric missing)- more a Fantine look, whereas Zhang and Bartholomay are more Second Act, all tricolor, with Zhang in mostly red.

The pairs long program with its dueling Les Mis routines will be on NBC at 10:45 PM on February 12.
Here day embraces night, and says: I will die with you and you will be reborn with me. From the heavy embrace of all desolations springs faith.

The real name of devotion is disinterestedness.

between4walls

Re: Les Mis at the Olympics

Postby between4walls » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:54 pm

Kihara and Takahashi were eliminated last night, so there'll only be the one Les Mis program today.
Here day embraces night, and says: I will die with you and you will be reborn with me. From the heavy embrace of all desolations springs faith.

The real name of devotion is disinterestedness.

Return to “Stage”