Toronto 2013 Opening Night/Ramin Karimloo

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
Les Mis Jedi

Toronto 2013 Opening Night/Ramin Karimloo

Postby Les Mis Jedi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:42 pm

Went to last night's performance (Fri. Sept. 27th) and I just have to say Ramin Karimloo was amazing. His Bring Him Home absolutely BROUGHT DOWN THE HOUSE!!!

I think I am still shaking this morning, lol.

I thought everyone was good, other than, I found the Fantine a tiny bit weak in some parts, and Enjolras could not compare with Aaron Tveit. They were still awesome though so can't complain too much.

I just wanted to give props to Ramin for really carrying the weight of the show.

Jean Valjean is in safe hands.

deHavilland

Re: Toronto 2013 Opening Night/Ramin Karimloo

Postby deHavilland » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:49 pm

Working on my review at the moment, too! I was very impressed with Ramin, I don't remember him being so powerful on the West End, but it was a truly brilliant performance last night!

Haha, I would never compare a stage!Enjolras to Aaron Tveit's film performance, but I'm biased because I love Mark to pieces! Even if his act one wig was terrible!

Last night was the first preview, by the way. Opening Night is on October 9th. ;)
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Les Mis Jedi

Postby Les Mis Jedi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Ha, good to hear that was a wig. lol.

Okay "First Preview" I don't know the stage lingo. :oops:

Looking forward to reading your review!

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Les Mis Jedi wrote:Ha, good to hear that was a wig. lol.

The best part is that they took all the press photos for the program yesterday, so all Mark's official Enjolras pictures are going to be in that awful, awful wig. If you noticed, it was a different wig altogether in act two! Cameron Mackintosh (who was in the audience last night) wasn't a fan of the first one. ;)
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Les Mis Jedi

Postby Les Mis Jedi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Cool, this is all so interesting!

What else do you know, ha ha.

I did like him as Enjolras by the way (I did let out an extra cheer for him when he took his bow), and I guess it is an unfair comparison since you could see Aaron's fire and passion in all those close-ups. He'd probably grow on me.

But to be sure, I think I'd better go see the play again... :wink:

Also there were some parts of the "old" production that I did prefer. This is the first time I'm seeing the new staging. There were times I missed the old revolving stage, especially at Enjolras' death scene (Spoiler? yeah probably not :D ).

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:35 pm

It's ok, I think there has been plenty of bemoaning the wheelbarrow from the UK and US tour productions :D
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Les Mis Jedi wrote:What else do you know, ha ha.

You'll have to wait for my review for that! :D

krething wheelbarrow

Return to “Stage”