Ian Patrick Gibb concert - with streaming and goodies!

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
Acaila

Ian Patrick Gibb concert - with streaming and goodies!

Postby Acaila » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:26 pm

So, either you know who Ian Patrick Gibb is, or you should know ;)
(until recently played Jean Prouvaire and understudied Marius on the US Tour, about to play Marius in another production, utterly adorable, great singer, fabulous curls).
He's doing a fundraising concert soon. "But what does that matter?" I hear you ask! "I live in an obscure corner of the globe very far away from barricade boys doing concerts!"
Ah, but this awesomely enterprising fellow has you covered. They're streaming the concert! So you can watch it from anywhere in the world! Not only that, but there are some awesome little gifts for making extra donations (I'm rather tempted to go for the 10 dollar option. How hilarious an Epic-Faila would I be at trying to talk at length to an adorably cute barricade boy? :lol: ) I think I'll be buying a ticket to stream the concert either way. This boy's Empty Chairs at Empty Tables is worth it just on its own!

Anyway, here are the details (from http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rktv9i):

More concert information including prizes!! :) Thank you guys so much for watching my concert whether it be the streaming version or in person! It truly means the world to me. As you know, a portion of the proceeds from this concert are going directly to my alma mater’s theater and choral programs. I can’t think of a better way to give back to a school and a program that helped lay the ground work for my professional career. I would love for you to give what you could to help support me in raising this money!

Again here are the links to purchase you streaming tickets! :)

http://www.stageit.com/ian_patrick_gibb ... ct_1/25148
http://www.stageit.com/ian_patrick_gibb ... ct_2/25149

As you can see there is a way for you to tip on there. It goes by “notes” 1 note = 10 cents. If you can give whatever you can that would be incredible. But here is the something special I was talking about… :) There are rewards to be had! And you can tip even if you don’t purchase streaming tickets!

If you tip:

TOP TIPPER FROM NOW UNTIL THE NIGHT OF THE CONCERT - THE PERSON WHO TIPS THE MOST MONEY WILL RECEIVE ALL OF THE THINGS BELOW PLUS A SPECIAL ITEM FROM THE LES Misérables TOUR SIGNED BY ME!!!!! :)

400 notes = 40 dollars I will record a song of your choosing just for you!

200 notes = 20 dollars you will receive a photo package with images from the concert personally signed by me

120 notes = 12 dollars you will receive a personally signed DVD copy of the concert

100 notes = 10 dollars you will receive a Skype video call from me for 30 min

70 notes = 7 dollars you will receive a personally signed poster of the concert

30 notes = 3 dollars you will receive a personally signed headshot

Any tip whatsoever - I will give you a shout out, a thanks, and follow you on twitter!

Again whatever you can give to help out my alma mater would be greatly appreciated! Hope you enjoy the show! :)

Ian
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

deHavilland

Re: Ian Patrick Gibb concert - with streaming and goodies!

Postby deHavilland » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:13 am

I maintain that the poor boy needs to invert his prices, but then the more I think about it, how many people are going to pay for stuff anyway? It's Ian, not Killian Donnelly.

Though, seriously, ten bucks for thirty minutes of face time with him on Skype?

Sadly, his concert's on the last day of my next episode block, so I probably won't be home until 3 AM because of wrapping out of the studio for the end of the block and I'll definitely miss it.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 am

You could pledge and get a dvd :d. Alas it probably wouldn't work in the UK :(
And ten bucks is even less for me with the exchange rate.
Abaisse Chief/Chef

lesmislove2011

Postby lesmislove2011 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:32 pm

deHavilland wrote:I maintain that the poor boy needs to invert his prices, but then the more I think about it, how many people are going to pay for stuff anyway? It's Ian, not Killian Donnelly.

Though, seriously, ten bucks for thirty minutes of face time with him on Skype?

Sadly, his concert's on the last day of my next episode block, so I probably won't be home until 3 AM because of wrapping out of the studio for the end of the block and I'll definitely miss it.

The prices may be a little high I agree but then again the money is going to help out IPG's high school theater and choir departments which is super sweet of him. Any donation is a good donation in my opinion, and it seems like he's just offering that stuff as an incentive to donate more for the school. I wish him the best of luck with it!! :)

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:38 pm

I think her point was that some things seem like they should cost more than others, not that the prices are necessarily steep.

I only just noticed it was a video call. Eep I might chicken out. That's far more pressure on me, even though I'd get to look at the curls for real.
Abaisse Chief/Chef

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:47 pm

lesmislove2011 wrote:The prices may be a little high I agree but then again the money is going to help out IPG's high school theater and choir departments which is super sweet of him.

I meant the opposite, actually, as Acaila said. I feel like the prices are too low. Or at the very least in a strange order; an autographed couple of pictures from the concert is almost twice as expensive as an autographed DVD copy? And having thirty minutes of his time in a face conversation on Skype is one of the cheapest things on the list?

I think he and his charity are worth more than that. ;D
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

LauraLeZunzu

Postby LauraLeZunzu » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:45 pm

Wait, you have to pay for... not seeing it live? D:
Haha I would think about the donation if I had a job :( I have always been interested on donations for arts.
But I saw and there are only 2 tickets left so people are actually getting into it :D

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Oh no! I didn't realise there was a limit on streaming tickets :o
Ok, I need to buy these tonight I think. :?
Abaisse Chief/Chef

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:52 pm

LauraLeZunzu wrote:Wait, you have to pay for... not seeing it live? D:
Haha I would think about the donation if I had a job :( I have always been interested on donations for arts.
But I saw and there are only 2 tickets left so people are actually getting into it :D

Well, I mean he should make some money off of it. It's like $6, which is nothing. I spent more than that this afternoon on chocolate.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:10 am

I think it's live, it's just online.
Just bought my tickets! Will work out the tipping nearer the time.
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Concert date has now been moved to the 21st :)
Abaisse Chief/Chef

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:12 am

Well, where's our full review at?

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:44 am

Eeep!
Well I can't even give a full review because I couldn't get it working at the start and missed the first song :(

But he did a lot of Christmas songs, including a very nice rendition of O Holy Night, to go with his Christmas in July theme. He had some guests doing backing vocals and little readings and duets, including someone who'd been in the ensemble in the Music Theatre Wichita production.

He did a totally awesome Les Mis themed 12 days of Christmas that I popped what lyrics I could touchtype in the Musain thread, though he did say on his tumblr that he'd post it on youtube, so I highly encourage you all to check that out when it appears, because it was utterly hilarious.

Act 2 featured lots of Disney, which was rather appropriate because he is like an actual Disney character brought to life. He did I Can Go The Distance which was a perfect choice (and man I love that song), but then he decided to not so much tug at the heart strings, but rip them to shreds by doing When Somebody Loved Me from Toy Story followed by Baby Mine from Dumbo. Feelings, I was overflowing with them!

There was a Thoroughly Modern Millie number and then it was Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, surprisingly not the most feelsy song of the night after what came earlier!
Then we got some album stuff, and overall, twas a very nice little night, and not bad at all for something enjoyed from the comfort of home!
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Return to “Stage”