The stage door thread

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
Schmerg_The_Impaler

Postby Schmerg_The_Impaler » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Oh, I love Kevin Earley! I wish Tale of Two Cities had been a bigger success... he sounded fantastic in "Until Tomorrow." He is doing the London taping for PBS, though, right? Don't worry, you don't look creepy in that photo. Maybe a tiny bit stoned, but not creepy!
I am playing the Queen of France right now in a play. Try not to decapitate me.

Gulnare

Postby Gulnare » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:40 pm

TheHighestPie wrote:Incidentally, does anyone know if Thaxton is still playing in London?

Yes, he's in it for another year.

Lovely photo, MmeJavert! :D

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:10 pm

Schmerg_The_Impaler wrote:He is doing the London taping for PBS, though, right?

Yes, in fact they've already taped it for PBS. He told me all about it. :) He's really nice. (Of course, Aaron already told me about the PBS thing way back in March when I saw Impressionism, and I did read about it on Broadwayworld.... so. XD)

I'm glad no one thinks I look creepy. Perhaps I should've posted the unedited version. y'know, with the scary red-eye. :)
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

method in madness

Postby method in madness » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:24 pm

MmeJavert wrote:Kevin Earley, who plays Enjolras in the current production at Pittsburgh CLO, and who had been Enjolras in the tour years ago. :D He's awesome, and Marianne thought he looks like Thaxton.

First of all, that's a really nice picture (and you don't look creepy :D ).
Second, I agree, he is awesome. I actually saw him in the CLO's Into the Woods after Les Mis...he was Cinderella's Prince and the Greggory Brandt, who had played Grantaire, was Rapunzel's Prince. I was grinning like no other during "Agony," and none of my friends understood why. Seeing him double as the Wolf was a little disconcerting, though.
No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.-Dead Poets Society
(Icon created by tenandsixpence on LJ)

Enjolras-the-jaw

Re: The stage door thread

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:37 am

Hi guys!

I'm not sure if anyone still cares about this thread, but I am going to see Wicked in Broadway tomorrow and want to go down to the Broadhurst theater so I can add on to the "graffiti" of sorts mentioned earlier in the thread. Where exactly is it, or do you not know?

Many thanks :D ,
Enjolras-the-jaw

P.S. If I get down there and do leave my mark, I will take a picture of it and hopefully post it up here.
At the end of the day, I dreamed a dream that whenever I was on my own in my life, I would hear the people sing with a heart full of love under the stars. Les Mis, I pledge allegiance to you.

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:42 am

The graffiti is long gone, they painted over it before LM ended its run. Sorry. ;)
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

TCRegan

Postby TCRegan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:20 am

Does anyone know the location of the stage door at the Kravis Center in West Palm Beach, FL? I'll be going there in May to see the US Tour again and I'd love to stalk the actors. And by stalk I mean meet. Specifically, because I think there are a few buildings in the Kravis Center from what I remember when I lived down there, I'm wondering about the location of the door of Dreyfoos Hall. I can get the address if it helps.
However, this sceptic had one fantacism. This fantacism was neither a dogma, nor an art, nor a science; it was a man: Enjolras. Grantaire admired, loved and venerated Enjolras.

Grantaire, in whom writhed doubt, loved to watch faith soar in Enjolras.

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:50 am

I hope this is the right thread but does anyone know how to get to the stage door at the Orpheum Theater in San Francisco for when the Les Mis Tour gets there?

There's a chance I and a couple of other people might get to go see Les Mis { for the very first time! Wahoo! } when it gets there and Phantom got me addicted to stage dooring but I can't find the stage door on the Orpheum Theaters' website.

Also who all should we expect to come out of that door when we go to stage door? Like can I get the Javert actors' autograph and resist the urge to glomp him? I promise I'll let go! *cough*eventually*cough*
Not active on here much, lurking only when necessary, for reasons most don't need to know. Contact info's on my profile. I might be active again later. I don't know. Until then lovelies!

TCRegan

Postby TCRegan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:46 am

I have no idea where the stage door is but I can tell you that Joseph Spieldenner and Shawna Hamic are definitely glompable. Andrew Varela doesn't seem opposed to it from what I know about him. Max Quinlan seems SUPER shy though. And all I was doing was squeeing. O_o

I hope you find it. My suggestion would be to get there EARLY and scout the place.
However, this sceptic had one fantacism. This fantacism was neither a dogma, nor an art, nor a science; it was a man: Enjolras. Grantaire admired, loved and venerated Enjolras.

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:13 am

I saw Rent there, Benny tour final stop, but that was ten years ago, and my memory of the crowds is getting confused with the crowds at the Shubert in Chicago, which was the final midwest stop. I want to say the stage door is internal at the Orpheum, but it may be whatever door is to the right if you're facing the main entrance. Either way, hanging out on the front sidewalk on Market is what you want to do. There will almost certainly be a note taped to the stage door saying "Stage Door", with the LM logo - the cast and crew don't know where the stage door is, either, so it gets labeled for their benefit. If the stage door is internal, there may not be a label in a place you will see it when exploring outside.

One caveat: I don't know if downtown SF has gotten any better in the past 10 years. The homeless population in this area used to be fairly aggressive, and being down there alone after dark was not advised. With Rent, this wasn't a big problem, as the crowds were huge every night, but LM won't attract the same numbers. This will also keep the actors moving quickly, probably, as they don't want to get hassled, either. Be aware of your surroundings, not just aware of actors. If you go after a matinee, thus between shows, not everyone may come out; at night, everyone will have to leave eventually, but be careful. I've not had problems anywhere, but the Orpheum is the only place I was ever warned about the potential, and that warning came from local people who I've stage doored with at the Curran with no problems and no warnings. But, summer 2001 is quite a while ago.

Varela is cool, but I do not recommend glomping anyone you've never met before. If a stranger glomped you, you might find it weird, right? Varela's cool and likely to say yes if you ask if you can give him a hug. Just be polite with everyone, and you'll have a good experience.
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks! I'm going with someone who moved to that area recently so hopefully they'll know what to do so nothing bad happens while waiting at the stage door.

Also I was kidding about glomping Varela. Wanting to pursue an acting career myself, I'm highly aware of how crazy fans can get at the stage door so I know better then to ask for a hug no matter how badly I want one XD.
Not active on here much, lurking only when necessary, for reasons most don't need to know. Contact info's on my profile. I might be active again later. I don't know. Until then lovelies!

TCRegan

Postby TCRegan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Varela is cool, but I do not recommend glomping anyone you've never met before. If a stranger glomped you, you might find it weird, right? Varela's cool and likely to say yes if you ask if you can give him a hug. Just be polite with everyone, and you'll have a good experience.

All I have to say is that if you don't want to get glomped by a complete stranger, avoid cosplaying at anime conventions. The first day I went in costume, I was nearly bowled over by someone wearing a costume of a character in the same anime I was dressed up for.

Anyway, I didn't mean that you should go up to them and completely throw yourselves at them. They just didn't seem to mind excessive fangirling. I'd emailed Shawna Hamic before too and she actually invited me to the stage door, letting me know it would take her longer than others to get out of her costume (that dress, though!). She's super nice and I hope you get to meet her.

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:25 am

About ten years ago, in St Louis, some high school aged boy totally glomped Stephanie Waters (Cosette) at the stage door, and it was awkward for all involved, as poor Steph had no warning and suddenly she's getting hugged by someone she had just met. Only reason I warn - I've seen it happen. (I've also seen people literally chase actors down the street. And only once was the object Clay Aiken - the other time it was just Sarah Lane, who was playing Cosette in London company at the time.) Most people are not this crazy. But then, some are (see: Wicked and Spring Awakening on Broadway).
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:57 am

@TCRegan

Who exactly does Shawna Hamic play? I don't have the entire US Tour cast memorized but I think she plays Cosette right?

Also the reason I'm a little uncomfortable with asking for a hug is mostly because of a story I read in my copy of "Making It On Broadway" where someone asked a Les Mis cast member for a hug and the cast member thought it was fine until the person started stalking them . I don't want to accidentally freak out any cast members by asking them for a hug and having them wonder if that's all I want. That and I'm one of those people who gives tight hugs and not wimpy ones so that might weird them out too. I like hugs. What can I say? I'm still shocked I got a side hug from Jeremy Stolle when I stagedoored at Phantom. :lol:

@MMeBahorel

I only glomp people I know { close friends usually } and only after they can tell I'm going to glomp them so nobody at the stage door has to worry about me randomly attacking them. XD No worries!

TCRegan

Postby TCRegan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:32 pm

No, she's Mme Thenardier! She's WONDERFUL in the role. Apparently it was a role she's wanted to play since she saw Les Mis the first time when she was little. It's a really cool story.

Joseph Spieldenner is not opposed to hugging. This is know as a fact. I will forever say that I got hugged by Grantaire. Ranks up there with the happiest moments of my life. Yes, I'm sad.

Return to “Stage”