The stage door thread

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
MmeBahorel

Re: The stage door thread

Postby MmeBahorel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:26 am

You should be fine with Varela. I swear. He's a trip - in a good way. I love the man - and we have friends in common - but it has taken him I don't know how many different shows to remember that he has seen me and another friend of mine before. Second time at LM, he finally got it.

He's the guy who you end up with bad stage door pictures with because he manages to jokingly accuse you of grabbing his ass right when the picture is being taken :) (my friend, not me - for me, it was Philip Quast)

Really, he's hilarious and huggy and really makes for a great stage door experience.
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:20 am

@TCRegan

Madame Thenardier was my second guess. XD

I want to hug Grantaire! I shall have to remember this then! :mrgreen:

@MMeBahorel

Oh goodness! As crazy of a Javert fangirl as I am, if either one of those two jokingly accused me of doing that during a stage door picture I'd probably die or this would be my face in the picture: :shock: .
Not active on here much, lurking only when necessary, for reasons most don't need to know. Contact info's on my profile. I might be active again later. I don't know. Until then lovelies!

Enjolras-the-jaw

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Not sure if anyone cares, but I was up at the Broadhurst on Thursday (well actually, I was at the Majestic for Phantom, but they're right next to each other soooooo...) and I was seriously thinking of restarting that Mizzie wall shown on page 6. Unfortunately, I didn't do it.
At the end of the day, I dreamed a dream that whenever I was on my own in my life, I would hear the people sing with a heart full of love under the stars. Les Mis, I pledge allegiance to you.

TCRegan

Postby TCRegan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Bumping this to see if there's anyone who knows or is familiar with the Cadillac Theatre in Chicago, IL, USA. Where is it located/what street, etc. We have tickets for November.

Also, and I don't know the name of the theatre - have to talk to my friend since she bought the tickets - Des Moines, IA. If anyone knows anything about the theatre there.

Thank you!
However, this sceptic had one fantacism. This fantacism was neither a dogma, nor an art, nor a science; it was a man: Enjolras. Grantaire admired, loved and venerated Enjolras.

Grantaire, in whom writhed doubt, loved to watch faith soar in Enjolras.

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:14 am

Oy, Cadillac. The Cadillac has two stage doors - one internal to the hotel, the other out to the street. The vast majority of the cast used the outside door when the tour stopped there in 2005, the first time they used that theatre (previous stops were at the Auditorium). The outside door is really obvious - if I remember rightly after this many years, you go past the hotel doors to get around the corner, then it's in the rear side behind the Dress Barn (if the Dress Barn is no longer there, the retail space definitely will be). There's a dumpster or two back there and the loading dock.

If people are staying at the hotel, they may use the internal doors, and I have no idea how those work (the leads for The Producers were using those during the out of town tryout - I was more into fangirling the ensemble so I was fine with not seeing Nathan and Matthew), but the Hotel Allegro is not cheap and people who are staying elsewhere (which is likely to be the whole cast) will use the loading dock door.

Unfortunately, I can't help with Des Moines. I hate their civic center with a passion, but I never stage doored it. Who builds a barn of a theatre without balconies? Des Moines, that's who. Awful seats for Miss Saigon back in 1998 and I never went back. The place is huge and made of concrete, as civic centers of a certain age are, and a walk around the building will definitely show you the stage door. The tour continues to tack up their Cosette signs for the benefit of the actors, and Cosette is a fan's best friend. The best bet is to see what part of the building the theatre is in, then look at the opposite side of that section compared to the main entrance. Alternately, with a Midwestern venue like this, look for any part of the building with staff or handicapped parking adjacent to the building - sometimes this will work better for you than a loading dock (Tampa and Peoria have stage doors separate from the loading dock; lots of theatres have it on the loading dock).
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

TCRegan

Postby TCRegan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Thank you for this information!!

We'll definitely be checking out both theatres and the stage doors before we hit the show. Des Moines we'll likely have a bit more time depending on when we drive down and I plan on tweeting the actors before we head down so they're aware they'll have some fangirls waiting for them.

Chicago scares the crap out of me. I've only been there once and that was to go through it to get here. And the greyhound bus driver got totally lost. The only things we have to worry about are getting from O'Hare to the Loop and I think everything else will fall in place because the hotel is just down the street. I don't think we'll run out of time before the show to check it out, but this info is definitely helpful.

As far as the civic center in Des Moines goes... that doesn't sound like too much fun. I'm just lucky I'm not the one driving. Hopefully we get there early enough - doing a four hour trek down from St. Paul to get there.

Anyway, thank you again!
However, this sceptic had one fantacism. This fantacism was neither a dogma, nor an art, nor a science; it was a man: Enjolras. Grantaire admired, loved and venerated Enjolras.

m-grantaire

Postby m-grantaire » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:49 pm

I apologise if I'm a touch off-topic here, but I'm so excited~! I'm going to see Les Mis for the first time ever (=DDDDD) since becoming a fan ~5 years ago, at the Orpheum Theatre in San Francisco. I've already looked up where the stage door is, & my boyfriend promised we can wait outside for the actors!

Does anyone have an idea of roughly how long they take to emerge? It's a Tuesday & I know he's going to be all antsy about getting back home (it's about an hour drive) afterward.
"Vive la Republique! Count me in." Grantaire was on his feet.

m-grantaire

Postby m-grantaire » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:50 pm

I apologise if I'm a touch off-topic here, but I'm so excited~! I'm going to see Les Mis for the first time ever (=DDDDD) since becoming a fan ~5 years ago, at the Orpheum Theatre in San Francisco. I've already looked up where the stage door is, & my boyfriend promised we can wait outside for the actors!

Does anyone have an idea of roughly how long they take to emerge? It's a Tuesday & I know he's going to be all antsy about getting back home (it's about an hour drive) afterward.

TCRegan

Postby TCRegan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:39 am

Shawna Hamic takes the longest because she's getting out of costume. You'll likely see the ensemble and the orchestra out first. I'd say maybe 10 minutes tops for actors to come out. Depends on costumes and stuff.

If you have twitter, you can tweet @ianpatrickgibb (prouvaire actor) and say hi - he's super friendly and I've let him know before if a friend was coming to the stage door.

I'd say 10 minutes is about average. And don't be shy to say hi to everyone. They're all REALLY nice people. ^_^

MmeFeuilly

Postby MmeFeuilly » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:30 am

I didn't meet him after Les Mis, but I can say I've met Hadley Fraser! And Ramin Karimloo, although I didn't talk to him for as long. :D
I Live On Constellation Street

Enjolras-the-jaw

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:10 am

OOOOOOOOO!!!!

May I guess? After the Pirate Queen? AM I RIGHT, AM I RIGHT?!?!?!
At the end of the day, I dreamed a dream that whenever I was on my own in my life, I would hear the people sing with a heart full of love under the stars. Les Mis, I pledge allegiance to you.

m-grantaire

Postby m-grantaire » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Oh I'm so late in posting this & I apologise! Thank you for the information =D

The show is tonight, so if I get good pictures, I'll be posting them tomorrow! I'm so so so excited!

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Have fun tonight! We understand why you're so excited. I'm so excited already and I'm not going to be able to see it 'til September...
Have a great time! Please post pictures!
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

m-grantaire

Postby m-grantaire » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:25 am

Baaah, so it turned out the place I parked closed at 11:30, and the show ended at 11. :( Sooo here's a silly picture of me holding my playbill while I make my silly "shit happens!" face.

There's always next time it comes to town, right?

MmeFeuilly

Postby MmeFeuilly » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:25 pm

Enjolras-the-jaw wrote:OOOOOOOOO!!!!

May I guess? After the Pirate Queen? AM I RIGHT, AM I RIGHT?!?!?!

Nope, he, Ramin Karimloo, and Steve Young did a concert in Peterborough Ontario. Miz Theirry, dad, Hailey and I went. :D
I Live On Constellation Street

Return to “Stage”