The stage door thread

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
duva

The stage door thread

Postby duva » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:57 pm

I thought this might be fun... but does anyone else actually have any stage door or the like pics? 'Cause otherwise it will be quite a silly topic. :wink: If you do; GO!
Last edited by duva on Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:37 am

Jenn and I have a few--mostly with Aaron and Drew--but they're on her camera, not mine.

Also sometime back in early March I got squished against Lea for twenty minutes in the mosh pit that formed when she emerged from the stage door, and consequently I am in eight billion people's pictures of themselves with Lea Salonga. Not that I can post them or anything, it just amuses me 'cos she's probably the only cast member I haven't fangirled at yet.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:42 am

Me, Drew, Marianne, in that order obviously. I wish I looked better in photographs.

Aww, Dan Bogart. <3

:D <3 Oh, Aaron. (Like you haven't seen this pic before; it got its own thread and everything!) I'll probably get another pic of him before his last show in a few weeks.

And for good measure:
From yesterday. The original pic was a bit dark, so I retouched it a bit. Aaron in a dark blue wool coat = <3
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

duva

Postby duva » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:33 am

Is Drew's hat glued to his head or something? :lol:

I picked some favourites. I have too many stage door pictures. Me SD picture whore.

L-R: John Owen-Jones, my friend, me, Jeff Nicholson. We like to call this pic "it is either Valjohn or Jeffert"; it was taken after Jeff was on as Javert. Hee.

Me and the substantially prettier Hayden Tee.

.... I don't even know. Haha. I'm the one who's all red and squashed in from the back. Other people in the picture include my dear friends, as well as David Thaxton and Kerry Ellis. And quite a few drinks.

This is my fave pic evar. It has backstory. I had to do audience interaction at this cabaret show thingy he hosted. I got to play the triangle. This was the day after. He's making an homage to my West End debut by playing air triangle. HAHAHA oh I miss that boy.

This was last week. Haaaah! I look awful but who cares.

Frédéric Dumont

Postby Frédéric Dumont » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:49 pm

You're all successful stage-doorers, it seems...

aka Darth Gilthoron
I am the lawrr and the lawrr is not mocked! *growl*
THE BLOOD OF THE SPAMBOTS SHALL WATER THE MEADOWS OF FRANCE!!!

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:13 am

duva wrote:Is Drew's hat glued to his head or something? :lol:

Quite possibly. XD I don't think I've seen him without it, except onstage of course.
like a word misplaced

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Frédéric Dumont

Postby Frédéric Dumont » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:50 pm

Funny, I've never seen pics of him without his hat either... (and I saw plenty, since my sister loves Hugh Panaro and they both were in Lestat)

aka Darth Gilthoron

SylvieProuvaire1832

Postby SylvieProuvaire1832 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:15 pm

Hello, this seemed like the right thread to put this under, but do you have to know the actors to meet them backstage or can fans just go? See, I'm going to see it tonight (though we thought it was yesterday...different story) and I'd like to get autographs
Have courage for the greatest sorrows of life and patience for the small ones, and when you have labouriously acomplished your daily tasks, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:27 pm

SylvieProuvaire1832 wrote:Hello, this seemed like the right thread to put this under, but do you have to know the actors to meet them backstage or can fans just go? See, I'm going to see it tonight (though we thought it was yesterday...differnt story) and I'd like to get autographs

If you want autographs, wait outside the stage door after the show ends and they'll come out and sign for you. The stage door at the Broadhurst is pretty well marked--it's right in the front, ten or twenty feet to the left of the main entrance, and they usually have little metal barriers in front of it to prevent the fans from crushing people in a mob when Lea Salonga emerges. The actors are usually pretty nice to the people waiting around at the stage door; they'll sign autographs, and if they're not in a hurry they'll stop to chat and get pictures taken with fans.

Most fans I know have never been backstage. I think Tove got to go backstage in London once because JOJ and Hayden and David know her, but it's not really customary. (Though I've heard that there are certain actors like Hugh Panaro who will take fans backstage if they get a nice email a few weeks in advance.)
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.

- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

duva

Postby duva » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:30 pm

Marianne wrote: I think Tove got to go backstage in London once because JOJ and Hayden and David know her, but it's not really customary.

It was Jeff, actually. :wink:

*Changes title of topic*

Frédéric Dumont

Postby Frédéric Dumont » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:32 pm

Hugh will take people backstage spontaneously if he has seen them before already. And never write him e-mails, he's computer-illiterate. (You see, a friend of my sister's is a friend of Hugh's, and my sister is a Hughphoric, as they call it :lol: so I know about such things).

aka Darth Gilthoron

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:33 am

I am seriously tempted to see if I can get any of the current revival cast actors to take us backstage one of these times. I mean, honestly. If I remember how to count, I'm pretty sure that Aaron's last show will be my 18th time seeing the revival. After nine times, a lot of the actors recognise me, so who knows what'll happen as I saunter through the double digits this month. XD
like a word misplaced

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Frédéric Dumont

Postby Frédéric Dumont » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:38 pm

Good luck! :)

aka Darth Gilthoron

SylvieProuvaire1832

Postby SylvieProuvaire1832 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:51 pm

Thank you for the advice! I got my playbill signed by Norm Lewis, Lea Salonga, Ali Ewoldt, Drew Sarich, and Aaron Lazar, so I'm a very happy girl! (Ah, the rest all got away though!)
Good luck trying to get backstage. If you've seen it 18 times, it's probably possible!
Have courage for the greatest sorrows of life and patience for the small ones, and when you have labouriously acomplished your daily tasks, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:52 am

Lucky you!!! :)
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Return to “Stage”