Les Misérables (new non-musical show) production diary

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
Gervais

Re: Les Misérables (new non-musical show) production diary

Postby Gervais » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:25 pm

His expression for the confrontation with Cabuc just reeks of awesomeness, and I'll second Acaila on the overall preciousness. :mrgreen: Looking forward to the promo post, too!

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:38 pm

I fully approve of these pictures.
I'm so glad the le cabuc incident made it in too :).

(I don't know if I can say the le cabuc incident. Feels redundant but it is a name I suppose)
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Those pictures are awesome, Laura, and so seems to be your production itself. :D I love his expression, too, and the red coat is also wonderful. Good luck, and it looks pretty fantastic so far.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Ulkis

Postby Ulkis » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:07 pm

This looks very cool! Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope all goes well with the production

brixhamlaura

Postby brixhamlaura » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:14 pm

And here are the first of the publicity cast photos... (bearing in mind we have rehearsals, plus day jobs and several thousand pictures to edit and sort) so they will filter through in dribs and drabs..

Ric as Jean Valjean...

Hannah and Charles as Cosette and Marius

Ed as Enjolras

Rich as one of the soldiers. Yes we photographed this one in the middle of our local town highstreet.

Ashleigh and Ed as Grantaire and Enjolras, a split second before the soldiers charge in. In our script, because of how things worked with our stage set, we decided to have Grantaire wounded, so Enjy has just scooped him up, and this is the split second before they look up and see the soldiers. (Then Grantaire tries to defend Enjy and is shot down.. and the rest you know...)
Les Mis fan...
Highly chuffed to be directing a (non-musical) stage show based on aforementioned brilliant Victor Hugo novel, in 2013 - http://southdevonplayers.weebly.com

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:20 pm

brixhamlaura wrote:Ashleigh and Ed as Grantaire and Enjolras, a split second before the soldiers charge in. In our script, because of how things worked with our stage set, we decided to have Grantaire wounded, so Enjy has just scooped him up, and this is the split second before they look up and see the soldiers. (Then Grantaire tries to defend Enjy and is shot down.. and the rest you know...)

That...I think that just broke me. :(

They look great! :D Looking forward to the rest.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

brixhamlaura

Postby brixhamlaura » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:33 pm

:)

And Molly, our mini-Cosette
Les Mis fan...
Highly chuffed to be directing a (non-musical) stage show based on aforementioned brilliant Victor Hugo novel, in 2013 - http://southdevonplayers.weebly.com

brixhamlaura

Postby brixhamlaura » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:31 pm

Back again, the show is going great, I am going to load up several entries about what we have been doing since I last checked in, here is a press clipping from this week's local paper, after we were interviewed on the radio the other day

Youll need to click the link to read it, its the wrong shape and size for the forum settings :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ ... cf7cf9.jpg
Les Mis fan...

brixhamlaura

Postby brixhamlaura » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Right, we won second place at Brixham Carnival last Wednesday... - we didnt get everyone out, we had about half, but we still did well. And had fun... :mrgreen:

Most of our carnival turnout
Left to right (real name in brackets!)
Random Soldier (Rich), Marius (Charles), Courfeyrac (Me, we ran short of guys, a guy came to do it and we had to fire him due to mucking about so I took so I took the role in addition to directing), Enjolras (Ed), Jean Valjean (Ric), whore (Kat), Madame Thenadier (Pam), whore (Dori), Fantines landlady (Rhiane), Feuilly(Shaun), and Ryanna, our makeup lady who joined us.

Creative use for the 8 foot flag when it rained...

Jean Valjean (Ric) and Little Cosette (Molly) - with Thenadier (Andy) skulking in the background :D

Enjolras, Jean Valjean, and Gavroche (played by Bradley)...

Enjolras (Ed) caught while trying to show off our Second Place rosette, and reload a gun and hold a flag all at once.

Passing silliness, where some of us were walking back to my house after the parade.. and we found a barricade... sort of...
Les Mis fan...

brixhamlaura

Postby brixhamlaura » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:34 pm

And Paignton, a much bigger event, and again we won second place. A friend of mine who is a professional photographer came along as well during the parade itself so there will be some great in-action photos coming along later. for now, here are some of us at the seafront getting ready for the parade and as usual enjoying ourselves behind the scenes.

Paignton was our big blowout one, Rich and I, both trained in fighty stuff - him a professional wrestler, me brown belt Aikido, so both able to thump around a bit and deck each other safely on the tarmac had soldier V revolutionary tussles - who died varied completely each time which went down great, and a local film director who lives in Paignton posted the following comment on a facebook forum (not ours)...

Code: Select all

The carnival this year happened to pass my front door , i saw various sights a nun on wheels playing a piano , a knight of the roundtable on wheels and various other people go by . But nothing was as awesome as the South Devon players and featuring some of A.C going up Torquay Road , promoting their latest play les Misérables . Great costumes and I think was Edward Stewart carrying the flag , awesome all round Will deffo be attending one of the performances

[img]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ ... c85e9e.jpg
[/img]
Most of our carnival lot

Image Steve my fiance, standing in for Javert as Philip, who plays the role in the show, couldnt make it. He was made to take his sunglasses off for the parade, lol.

Rich as the soldier again

Thenadier (Andy), Marius (Charles) and Enjolras (Ed) .... obviously up to something...

We got there early, so we got a bit bored waiting for the judging and stuff, so we started rehearsing...

Image Brevet the convict, played by Adrian - or as we all call him AJ... again, specs were removed for the parade, looking villainous.

Image Gavroche (Bradley)...
Les Mis fan...

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:29 pm

You guys love any excuse to get into costume don't you? ;)
Abaisse Chief/Chef

brixhamlaura

Postby brixhamlaura » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:46 pm

yepples, and to promote the show ;)
Les Mis fan...

brixhamlaura

Postby brixhamlaura » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:02 pm

I have just been sent a picture of our Enjolras by a passing photographer friend from Paignton carnival.

BEST. ENJOLRAS.PORTRAIT.PHOTO.EVER
Behold what has become of one of the main promo photos for the show (and poor Ed finding himself plastered all over the internet- basically all the pics are Ric - Jean valjean so obviously, and Ed as the poster-boy!)

Les Mis fan...

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Epic! :D How long to go now Laura?
Abaisse Chief/Chef

brixhamlaura

Postby brixhamlaura » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Performances on Sept 19th -22nd.

I am now buttering up my Mum for the barricade construction in her front drive...... :mrgreen:
Les Mis fan...

Return to “Stage”