Your Stage History?

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
Dave_357

Re: Your Stage History?

Postby Dave_357 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:38 pm

I have done a little onstage work.

Oklahoma- Chorus & Dancer
Guys & Dolls 2 times- Harry the Horse & Benny Southstreet
Lil' Abner- Marryin Sam
Fame- Mr Ferrall
You're a Good Man Charlie Brown- Schroeder
The Full Monty- Dave
The Drowsy Chaperone- Underling
Les Miserables- Enjolras (Still in rehearsals and opening in a few weeks!!!)

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:58 am

I was The Old Mother in a melodrama the youth put on at church (age 17 or so). I swore at that time I would never set foot on a stage again. And I never have, not counting prowling around auditoriums in the dark.

I'm in awe of what some of the people here have done.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Just got cast in a local one act play. Was quite sweet when I went along and they tried to explain to me how to read a script! :shock:
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:10 pm

Acaila wrote:Just got cast in a local one act play. Was quite sweet when I went along and they tried to explain to me how to read a script! :shock:
:lol:
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:04 pm

I think my :shock: face was noticed, because the person explaining turned to me after a detailed explanation on script reading, and said "oh have you acted before?" Ehhh yeah, just a wee bit! :lol:
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Postby 23623 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:09 am

I haven't been in any plays or musicals but I was on stage once as sort of "emergency cover". And today is the one year anniversary of that funny accident so I decide to share. :D So I was the manager of our school orchestra last year. I was only in charge of general management but at the last rehearsal before our performance the conductor suddenly said that he needed me on stage. He gave me the harp score and asked me to practice it on a piano. I was like "you know this is for a harp and as someone who has never rehearsed with the orchestra I can't even get the cues and there's only one week to the concert, you do realize that right?" and he was like "yeah but the thing is we don't have a harp. I have to tune a keyboard to fake the part so just do it." OK then. I spent the entire week on the score. Honestly I never understood how conducting works so I just memorized my part by listening to audios. I was so glad that I didn't screw anything up in the concert which was truly a miracle.

There were other funny mishaps too. On the day of our concert the stand of a drum was missing. We searched everywhere but just couldn't find it. So we ended up putting the drum on a chair we stole from a lecture room and it looked really awkward on stage. Also during one song our conductor was somehow going faster and faster. Some players were following him while others chose to stick to the correct tempo. And the song turned out to be a total mess. :oops:
Revolution, but civilization

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:21 pm

23623 wrote:He gave me the harp score

But wouldn't that be completely different from a piano score? Nonmusical here but I've seen both played--Once saw a concert of 17 full-sized harps. I asked a player if it was true that they soaked their fingers in alum to make them tough and she said she'd never heard of it.

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:22 pm

The most acting I've done is I played a slackliner in a circus play when I was about 11-12. The only thing I remember is that I wore a lot of pink, which is probably for the best.

I'm a hobby musician though, and have been in music classes since I was in high school so I've been a lot on stage performing. I'm saying this counts, though it isn't theater :lol:
Lamarque est mort [disco dances patriotically]

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:59 pm

Acaila wrote:I think my :shock: face was noticed, because the person explaining turned to me after a detailed explanation on script reading, and said "oh have you acted before?" Ehhh yeah, just a wee bit! :lol:

Now that's funny! :lol:

I did a couple plays when I was fairly young, mostly Christmas things (The Snow Queen, and all that). I was also in To Kill a Mockingbird in high school, and ended up playing Laertes in Hamlet a year or two ago, which was really fun.

And while I wasn't onstage for most of these, I did work on costumes for a lot of plays in the last few years––A Christmas Carol, Hamlet, Macbeth, Pride & Prejudice, Three Sisters, She Stoops to Conquer, etc., and I really loved doing that.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Our show got through to the regional finals which is nice. Not expecting to make it to nationals, but still not bad at all :) Busy week with rehearsals this week!
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:47 pm

Ooh! Congratulations, Acaila! :D

Other than my time playing Gavroche in an unauthorized school production which my sister also performed in, I don't have a whole lot of stage experience. I auditioned for a few things, including "The Crucible" in high school (but scheduling conflicts kept me from going to callbacks), and a local LM production in 2013 (which I didn't get called back for -- still loved the experience, though). Might try to audition for more things in the future. ^_^

Return to “Stage”