Les Mis London, 2003

Talk about Boublil and Schonberg's stage adaptation here.
justintree

Les Mis London, 2003

Postby justintree » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:02 am

Hello,
First a little background:
My father took me to England when I was 17 to see the country he grew up in. During the 3 days we spent in London, he took me to see Les Mis (I was already a fanatic at that point...even though Patrick Stewart is my favourite actor, I gave up the chance to see him live in a different play because I wanted to see Les Mis again).

The problem is, at that age I didn't much care which actor I was seeing unless it was Colm Wilkinson (who I did have the good fortune of seeing during his final run in Toronto). Now, I am trying to figure out who I did see in London 2003, so if anyone has that information, It would be greatly appreciated if you could pass it on (sorry, I do not know which theater I saw it in).

Thanks!
Probably the cutest version of "Stars" I've ever heard, if not lyrically accurate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbVmgKjZTiA

Performed by my 3 year old daughter, Lily.

Auf die Barrikaden

Re: Les Mis London, 2003

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Les Mis played at the Palace Theatre from December 1985 to March 2004, then it moved to the Queen's. The best site for cast info of the London production is here: http://www.londonmusicalsonline.com/lon ... tlists.php

Hope you will find your cast of the night. And so great you saw Colm in Toronto! From what I heard he was brilliant there. Do you have the brochure from then and could scan and post his stage photos?
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

justintree

Postby justintree » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks, that was a big help. It looks like the most likely candidates are Hans Peter Janssens or Mike Sterling. It also looks like I possibly had the privilege of seeing Ramin Karimloo live, as he played Feuilly (oh to go back in time and pay better attention to the minor roles...)

I am pretty sure I have the program for Colm's performance somewhere (I recall seeing it when I moved here, 2 years ago). It is most likely in the basement in a box somewhere, and it is probably not in the best condition (I was very young when I went to see Colm). I will take a peek and scan it if I can find it.
Probably the cutest version of "Stars" I've ever heard, if not lyrically accurate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbVmgKjZTiA

Performed by my 3 year old daughter, Lily.

kate

Postby kate » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:43 am

Fra Fee is in Toulon right now, and he'll be doing 'Follies' (Sondheim) at the Toulon Opera House. He says that his favourite musical is Sweeney Todd, so that should be really exciting for him (& anyone else who wishes to go).

pass4sure pass 4 sure
pass4sure cissp training practice exam cissp training practice exam
pass4sure cisco ccda certification cisco ccda certification
pass4sure cisco ccna training cisco ccna training
pass4sure cisco ccda braindumps cisco ccda braindumps

Return to “Stage”