De l'Esprit des Lois, 1748, Montesquieu

Novels, poetry, non-fiction works. Anything bound in paper, pretty much.
LauraLeZunzu

De l'Esprit des Lois, 1748, Montesquieu

Postby LauraLeZunzu » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:49 pm

I know there is no reading club anymore, but I'm reading this book and I thought it would be great to comment it in this forum, and I think this is the right place? :D
I'm like in page one hundred fifty, I have a lot more to read (700 pages), but I think is anyone else is reading it is better comment it while you're reading it than only in the end.
Well I like it, and it is a little bit different from the books I already read about that stuff, but which I like the most is that I think I'm seeing much more than what I saw reading The Manifesto (referring that the Manifesto was the first book of this kind I read). But I haven't arrived yet to the "illustrated part", for saying it someway. I think the first parts of the book are like for setting a basement, which I think is necessary. I've learnt much reading all this, and i think each book I read makes me learn more with less material, you know?
I find it curious that in some phrases it seems like if Montesquieu tried to do irony. It is curious because it could be a way of not being persecuted or it could be just nothing :mrgreen:
So... who has read it or is reading it? :D

Return to “Written Works”