Les Mis Fans Chat room!

Feel free to pimp your website, community, group, or board here.
mizfan92

Les Mis Fans Chat room!

Postby mizfan92 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:15 pm

Hi all,
I'm here to plug the newly created les mis fans chat room. It's just like AIM (I think, I don't use aim)
You can voice, write or video chat.
The reason I made it is because I thought it would be fun and would bring the les mis comunity closer together.
You have to download this thing called the Global Communications Network messenger.
The link for that is:
http://www.gcn.cx/
The password is lesmiz.
So please join.
(we have only 2 members so far)
Have fun chatting!
Last edited by mizfan92 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:03 am

I'm all for chatting, but... how about some more information. Is the chat available on a website -- if so, what's the link? Or is this GCN an IRC-like set up with channels, or like AIM with chat rooms? I'm not technologically stupid but I don't see how to access the room from the information provided.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

mizfan92

Postby mizfan92 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:32 pm

It's like AIM with chat rooms.
Sorry, should I edit my post?

mizfan92

Postby mizfan92 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:39 pm

How to access the room:
When you've installed the program,
Go to the "Chat" toolbar by pressing Control+H
Then, as of now, the room is active, you can select "List Active rooms"
You should see the "lesmisfans" room under the "unspecified" category.
Then you can press the "Join room" button.
Hope this helps!

mizfan92

Postby mizfan92 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:35 am

I tried to talk to someone last night, and it didn't work. Is anyone getting static whenever they've tried to talk? Is anyone having luck voice chatting?If this doesn't work, will a service like trillion be able to do what we want?

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:49 am

Trillian is basically a chat service: you use it instead of running AIM/ICQ/IRC/MSN/Yahoo/Jabber/other chat programs separately. I use Trillian and am happy with it.

What you may want to do is one of the following:
-Set up an IRC channel -- for this you'd need a host. I haven't done this so I don't know how.
-Create a unique AIM chat room -- for this all you have to do is invite yourself and others into the room of that name, and it comes back whenever people come back or are re-invited. This is really easy however for people who don't have AIM it's going to be inaccessible.
(For example: add yourself to your buddy list (if you haven't already) and right-click on your username, click "Invite to Chat Room" and type in room name "Abaisse" and if I'm online I'll be sitting in there. ;)

I'm sure you can do the same with MSN or Yahoo but I'm not as familiar with those programs as with AIM. Yahoo does have chat rooms but I don't know how easy they are to set up. and MSN I just have no idea; I hate it. :lol:

You cannot set up audio/video chats on AIM. I'm pretty sure you can't either on IRC. I seem to remember Yahoo! having that option, though. (Although is it really necessary to have voice chats? It's nifty but I think voice chats work better on private conversations rather than public chat rooms. This is of course only my two cents.)

Alternately, I think one of the goodies offered by my webhost is chat. I can check and possibly look into setting up a chat server on this domain. Don't know how well it'll work but it's another possibility.

...This is of course disregarding the web sites out there where you can set up a Java-based chat room. ;)
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

mizfan92

Postby mizfan92 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:17 pm

Thanks for the info!
I'll think about it!

Return to “Advertisements”