Calling All Computer Whizzes?

Feel free to pimp your website, community, group, or board here.
Citizeness Feuilly

Calling All Computer Whizzes?

Postby Citizeness Feuilly » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:48 pm

Alright, I'm not sure if this is even allowed - if it's not, feel free to take this topic down immediately, with my sincere apologies. But I'm going to try.

I've recently begun to try and find a bootleg performance of Les Misérables on the West End. I haven't had anything to trade, but some of the people I've written to have been kind enough to give me the VOBs. Only problem - they're all in .rar format. Try as I might, I just can't figure out how the hell to convert the files into .avi format, that I can burn to a disc. winrar is, from what I've read, the best program for unzipping the files, but I'm working on a Mac. Every un-rar Mac program I've tried hasn't worked. So, I'm guessing the point of this post is:

Does anyone know how to un-rar files on a Mac? I'd rather not buy any software, for the record. If you do, would you mind telling me in dummy's terms how to do it? (And when I mean dummy's terms, I mean dummy's terms. I'm not that good with computers). If such information isn't allowed to be posted directly on the forum, just PM me.

Failing that, would anyone be willing to take the files, convert them into .avi, and then re-post them in avi format?

If anyone can tell me how to do it, they would, of course, be welcome to keep the files for themselves. I don't think what I've got is very rare (for the record, it's a 2008 performance with David Thaxton, and 2 separate performances from the 2010 UK Touring Cast) And, honestly - even if you can't tell me, just drop me a PM and I'll give whichever performance you'd like to you anyways.

Re: Calling All Computer Whizzes?

Postby MmeBahorel » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Try this one RAR Expander (link goes to CNET, with reviews and comments and everything).
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

Return to “Advertisements”