Les Misérables Computer Game - For Free!

Feel free to pimp your website, community, group, or board here.
Alex

Les Misérables Computer Game - For Free!

Postby Alex » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:46 pm

There's a really awesome guy named Chris Tolworthy who's embarked on a mission to convert the world's greatest stories into interactive computer games - the old-school kind where you use your mouse to explore and figure out clues and whatnot. The project is called "Enter the Story." And guess which story he decided to make a game out of first?

Yep, that's right, you can now get a computer game version of Les Misérables, right here! And best of all, it's completely free! I got it a few years ago, and it really is a great game. It's been a while since I've played and a longer while since I've read the Brick, so I can't promise you it's 100% accurate: like the musical, the game had to cut some stuff out, but it IS Brick-based as opposed to musical-based, of that I can assure you. But I mean heck, the price is right, so why not get it??

He's also made a few more games, too - I noticed some of you like Dante's Divine Comedy, so you can get that as well, but it is not free. He also made the Theogeny (which is basically Greek mythology) and A Tale of Two Cities, and is currently working on the Count of Monte Cristo. After that, who knows?

I honestly really enjoyed this game, which is why I feel compelled to call it to your attention. I hope my fellow Mizzies will have as much fun exploring the world of Les Misérables as I did!

Cary

Re: Les Misérables Computer Game - For Free!

Postby Cary » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Wow, it's now free? That's incredible. :D Last time I saw, I think it was going for $10; I waited because I didn't know anybody who'd played it.

Alex

Postby Alex » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:41 pm

Yeah, games are normally about $8 (although you can currently get all 4 games that have been released for $15 I think) but he decided to make Les Misérables free as sort of a promotional tool. Personally I paid for it back when it first came out, and I don't regret it for a second. I mean, come on, it's Les Misérables... the computer game! XD

Euphrasie

Postby Euphrasie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:18 pm

lmfao I remember when I first got this! My first post on Abaisse was about it. Wasn't it like, $20 when it first came out? I remember playing it for three days straight, and being annoyed at how he portrayed Enjolras.
I'm pretty sure my cat's been reading my diary.

Mlle Patria

Postby Mlle Patria » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:24 am

My favorite was when I kept clicking on Enjolras and he told Marius "Go find yourself a nice girl, or a nice boy. We're not picky." I almost died laughing!
Vive la France! Vive l'avenir!

Alex

Postby Alex » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:28 am

Does he seriously say that?? I never encountered that, but I'm not surprised - if you do a bit of exploring, you'll find some of the most random/snarky comments XD

hazellwood

Postby hazellwood » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:12 pm

Mlle Patria wrote:My favorite was when I kept clicking on Enjolras and he told Marius "Go find yourself a nice girl, or a nice boy. We're not picky." I almost died laughing!

oh my god, what.

That makes me think of the 1998 movie where he was like 'TOMORROW YOU CAN MAKE LOVE TO HER [Cosette] AS A FREE MAN' and. Yeah.

This is so cool, though! I will download it asap.

Alex

Postby Alex » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Hope you enjoy it!

For those of you who had already heard of it, may I ask how you stumbled upon it? I'm just curious. I'm not exactly sure how I did, as it was looong before the game actually came out, and I think it might also have been long before I was in the show myself. I know I was doing Les Mis-related research (which leads me to believe it was around the time I saw Les Mis with my friend, or perhaps leading up to the auditions) and ended up on one of the pages of his website, the one that talks about the very strange Japanese game that's basically Super Street Fighter with the Les Mis characters (secretly I REALLY want to play that). So then I started keeping my eye on it, since I loved Les Mis even back then (I hadn't yet read the Brick so I hadn't realized how different the book and the musical were) and thought it would be awesome to be able to play it. Yeah, that's my story.

What about you all?

Return to “Advertisements”