Name change

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?
sophiedegrouchy

Name change

Postby sophiedegrouchy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Hello all,

Our kind and tolerant admins have recently allowed me to change my username from my FFN nom de plume, TheHighestPie, to my LJ handle, sophiedegrouchy.

Sophie de Grouchy (NOT pronounced in the manner of Oscar the Grouch!), Marquise de Condorcet, was Condorcet's wife and an awesome intellect, individual, proto-feminist, and political figure in her own right. Spend a couple minutes looking her up; it will be well worth your time.

My primary motivation for the change on this board is that I had become unreasonably tired of the old name, which was a (thankfully now irrelevant!) Bush joke from circa 8th grade. I suspect that one of the reasons I was avoiding Abaissé over the past year was that I was cringing every time I saw my own name. Silly, but probably true. Thus, the change is accompanied with a resolution to actually, y'know, post around here more frequently. I also figured that this would make it easier for interested parties to find my LJ, where most of my (limited) fandom activity has been lately.

Hopefully this won't be the cause of too much confusion. Thanks all for your patience.

Oh, and I'll still happily answer to Pie. :)

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Name change

Postby MmeJavert » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Yay, Pie's back on Abaissé. :D
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:01 am

Missed you here!!!
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:48 am

Yay! As long as it means you're here more on Abaisse, you could call yourself Enjolras&GrantaireLovechild and I'd be perfectly happy! (Although Sophie is made of awesome).
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803
http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

Return to “Announcements”