London Meeting Pre-Barricade Day?

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?
Col.Despard

London Meeting Pre-Barricade Day?

Postby Col.Despard » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:21 pm

We're looking at getting into Paris on the 3rd June and will come via London, where we'll spend 3 -4 nights. I'm planning on meeting up with old mates, but will be fairly flexible (and they're most history nuts anyway, so you guys might like to meet some gorgeous Brits with a penchant for Edwardian social and maritime history and some WWI and polar exploration interests!). Anyone interested in meeting up for a Les Mis viewing? When is the cast changeover? I wouldn't mind doing dinner either...I haven't had a Brick Lane curry since I was last there in 2006, but at this stage am so home-sick for London I'd even settle for a Witherspoons' chicken kiev!
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803
http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

Hannah

Re: London Meeting Pre-Barricade Day?

Postby Hannah » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:28 pm

Oh, I will be in London :D From like. April, since I am doing an art course there. I would be delighted to meet some people, especially if they also live in the area because new friends = yaay!

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:42 am

I just mentioned something like this in the message I sent you. Someone threw out the idea of going to see Love Never Dies, which would be hilarious, and of seeing Les Mis in London. I was wondering if there was any other talk about that and if anyone had mentioned specific dates.

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:25 pm

I might be able to make it up for a couple days depending on exam schedules.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:21 am

Brilliant! Looks promising, Hannah and Loony, and I really hope you can make it, Marianne! Hopefully I'll have some flexibility in those days and will work catching up with friends around the best availability for everyone else.
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:34 am

Okay...we arrive in London and will be "on mission" from 28th May until we fly out to Paris on 1st June. We're staying in a hotel near Gloucester Robe tube, so we're close to the west end.

So...which day should I allocate to Les Mis in London?????

Charlette-Ollie

Postby Charlette-Ollie » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:09 am

It was me who suggested seeing Love Never Dies, although now I've heard the story I'm concerned I'll die either laughing or crying in my seat.

I will be in London after Barricade Day, from the 12th to the 26th of June.

ivrogne transfiguré

Postby ivrogne transfiguré » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:20 am

I might be able to come down then, as my exams are compeletly finished. I could make any day, although I tend to do 2 show days when I come down during term time, to make the trip worthwhile ;)

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:16 pm

Oh, bugger, Charlotte - wish I'd worked that better! Still, looking forward to seeing you in Paris.

Ivrogne Transfigure, that's great you've got some flexibility! I could do two shows. If there's a West End dinner (or even a dash over to Brick Lane for an inter-show curry)...might have to pull it back to one, though, as my friend is not QUITE as there with Les Mis as me.

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:24 pm

I'm only planning to be in Europe for a week, but if a group wants to take that train over to London at some point during that week it would be beautiful.

Eppie Sue

Postby Eppie Sue » Tue May 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Whenever you all come in.. chances are huge that I'll be around anyway, so, well. I'll see you! Excitement! You'll definitely need/want to see the original after/before seeing the tour. It's so different...

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Fri May 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Shall we try and pinpoint a date that we'll catch the show? It turns out one of our best friends is going to be in London at the same time, and I've been in touch with my old mates, so the dance card is filling up...I'd like to make sure I can set a date in and work around around that, if it's okay.

We get in on the 28th May but will probably be wiped that night...so that leaves the 29 - 31st. Would any of those be suitable? Any day to avoid?

ivrogne transfiguré

Postby ivrogne transfiguré » Fri May 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Well, there's no show on a Sunday. So that leaves it as the 29th or the 31st. I am very likely to be down on the 29th as it is, but would also be willing to do the 31st.

Frédérique

Postby Frédérique » Sat May 08, 2010 3:02 pm

There's a loose possibility (not definite yet, but I've been moving several lower mountain ranges in order to be able to go to London again at some point in the near future, and it's stopped looking like an impossible good idea and started looking like a practisable bad idea) I'll be in London May 24-31 (depending on whether a knowledgable person tells me whether it's reasonable at all to expect to get into shows sans pre-order in the June-teens, 19th not counted, and/or whether the last week of May is safer - any such knowledgable people around?); if so I'll be at every evening show I can get into (i.e. ideally 25/26/27/28/29) and happy to clink glasses with anyone there before, after, or at intervals. (You can't miss me, I'm five foot one and invariably dressed for February.)

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Sun May 09, 2010 6:28 am

That would be fantasic, Frédérique (and you'll know me - I'm the 5'11 girl dressed like it's Halloween). I'll send out the hotel details before we go - we're staying West End, and any of our Les MIs fanfriends are welcome to drop in for a drink if we're in the hotel.

ivrogne transfiguré, that's a very helpful narrowing of the possibilities! How about the 29th? Sounds like it would suit you better, means I can duck out for the next night if necessary as well (I've just about convinced BFF for the London performance - she does love musical theatre - but if I did two nights we've got a mate in London at the same time so I wouldn't be leaving her alone in the hotel room).

Return to “Announcements”