Barricade Day Ticket For Sale

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?
merlin_emrys

Barricade Day Ticket For Sale

Postby merlin_emrys » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:10 pm

This is a very distraught Merlin, letting you know that I probably will not make it to Barricade Day, and therefore am selling my ticket.

I thought I'd be able to come if I got a job, but it's looking more and more unlikely now and I figure I should sell it before it's too late. I still might make it, but it's really not very probable.

If anyone wants it, please PM me as soon as possible. Thanks.

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:29 am

Awwww, too bad! If you do end up exchanging with someone, one of you please send an email to the Barricade Day address so I know.

Also, there are still two or three tickets left, if anyone is interested.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

merlin_emrys

Postby merlin_emrys » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:11 am

Sounds good, I'll be sure to let you know if I find someone to take it.

Charlette-Ollie

Postby Charlette-Ollie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:48 am

Merlin and Marianne, are your tickets for the Sunday night? I may be interested in one or two of them, as I am now considering staying in Paris rather than traveling around France in order to save money.

merlin_emrys

Postby merlin_emrys » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Mine's for the 6th -- the Sunday.

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Yep, the whole group is for Sunday the 6th.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.

- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

MusicalTwin

Postby MusicalTwin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Hhm... just out of pure curiosity: how much are those tickets?
~*Last' inn tegitha!*~
(Listen, your instinct will lead you!)

~*What makes us special makes us strong!*~

merlin_emrys

Postby merlin_emrys » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Well, the one I got was 38Euros -- 58.99 in Canadian dollars. Not sure how this translates to American.

MusicalTwin

Postby MusicalTwin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:52 pm

Well, since I'm German I'm perfectly fine with Euros. :wink: Thanks a bunch. That's indeed a conciderable price (which means: it really ain't much)...
~*Last' inn tegitha!*~

merlin_emrys

Postby merlin_emrys » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Right! Sorry about that, I'd just assumed for some reason (sleep-deprived brain?) that we were talking American dollars. So, no currency translation necessary! Hurrah!

MusicalTwin

Postby MusicalTwin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:33 pm

No need to excuse at all! :wink: At least you can never be sure, can you?! :P So "better safe than sorry". *hehe*
~*Last' inn tegitha!*~

merlin_emrys

Postby merlin_emrys » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Glad you see it that way. :) You're lucky; Germany's so close to France in comparison with Canada! I'm quite far away from the site of the event ... though I can't complain really, I'll probably end up going to the Montreal show.

MusicalTwin

Postby MusicalTwin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:14 pm

Yes you're right, Germany really IS close to France. And yet I've never been there so far. *sighs* But this HAS to change some time! And I'd love to visit Canada, too. It must be such a beautiful country. :)
~*Last' inn tegitha!*~

merlin_emrys

Postby merlin_emrys » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Haha! Yes, Canada is pretty nice, especially the East Coast -- where I live right now. It's got a bit of everything, so it's nice that way: whether you like mountains, ocean, cities, vast expanses of wasteland (the North and Newfoundland!), or forests (Ontario!), there'll be something to your taste! I'm an ocean person myself, which is why I chose to go to school out East.

I'd love to go to Germany someday, and since I'm studying German, I might get to do an exchange there. But I'm majoring in French, so it's more likely that I'll do the one to Tours -- aah, all the choice! Still, if I do the French one, I might make it to other parts of Europe time and money permitting. That's the advantage Europe has over North America; you can get to interesting places without having to drive for weeks. :)

MusicalTwin

Postby MusicalTwin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:24 pm

I'm sure I'd love it! I personally like the ocean and the mountains a lot. Where I live in Germany I'm far from those though. I'm surrounded by cities. Which is quite okay for I like it to be close to "civilization". *lol* But for a holiday or trip or so I really like the sea and mountains.

You're studying German, too? For real? Wow, I'm amazed. Can you speak any German?
France is such a lovely and friendly country. Though I've only experienced very short stays there this was totally obvious. The atmosphere there was just great.

EDIT: So I'd probably be interested in 2-4 tickets for this event. But I can't say for certain until early next year. :oops: I hope that'll be alright?! :roll:
~*Last' inn tegitha!*~

Return to “Announcements”