Meetup: Barricade Day 2010 in Paris

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?
Col.Despard

Re: Meetup: Barricade Day 2010 in Paris

Postby Col.Despard » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:35 pm

Okay...we're knuckling down to Apartment booking.

Looking at the Marais right now...and there are a few apartments near the Louvre that look appealing. We're possibly booking something along the lines of accommodating 4 people. Two of us, something reserved for MmeJavert, so there's another possible spot going.
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803
http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:29 pm

I would absolutely love to edge in to any apartment plans if no one minds. I'll sleep on a floor if I have to. :D

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:05 pm

No worries, Loony - I've sent in the request for the place we had our eye on, so we'll see how that goes. It technically sleeps 6, but that's with one double bed and two double fold-out sofa beds. I can always share a bed with my friend (goodness knows we've done it before...I know she snores, she knows I talk in my sleep), but I don't know if anyone else would want to double up in the same bed, so we'll stick to four for now (unless anyone else is happy to double up? I know folks don't mind and others really can't stand to share a bed). Still, if there's ever an emergency and anyone gets stuck in the centre of town late at night, I'm sure that crashing in the same bed won't make a huge difference! I'll send you through a PM so you can get an idea of what we're looking at.
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Well, I know I personally wouldn't mind sharing, but I'm terribly restless in my sleep which might be unpleasant for someone else. I haven't had to share a bed for that reason-- the last time I did the bed-mate grabbed a pillow and slept in a chair instead because I wouldn't stop moving around. LOL
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

ivrogne transfiguré

Postby ivrogne transfiguré » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:50 am

I have a friend who as expressed an interest in coming with me to Paris. She doesn't know much about Les Mis (I think she's seen the Depardieu rubbish, and possibly seen the show?), but she is studying French so would be very useful to me! Would it be OK if she came along?

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:05 am

Of course! All are welcome.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

Frédérique

Postby Frédérique » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 am

S-o I am finally looking into actually booking a place to stay, too, and, before reserving a single room, wanted to make sure there was no-one still looking for someone with whom to share a cheap-ish central-ish room or apartment from June 1 to June 7. Is there? I was thinking at this place (provided that it isn't full for the week and/or somebody vouches for its being merely one step up from Au sergent de Waterloo - I am absolutely not set on being in Montmartre, it was just the first nice-looking thing that came up) or this (again, first thing to come up), but if there is someone Still Looking and they have a better suggestion, speak up!
Cheapish means 'in the 30€ per person/night category approximately'. If 30 it is and 60 for two, we can also split that 40/20 (the Richard one is 45 per night for both, so that could be split 30/15, or 35/10 on the condition that you carry me up the stairs and braid my hair) - I come from Premier Empire territory i.e. have much lower transportation costs than most here, and it's still cheaper for me than getting a room of my own for 50 :D I'm fluent in English and know enough French to say 'o, show us the way to the next whisky bar' and a number of less essential things; past room- and flatmates have generally found me easy to ignore (should you wish to do so - of course, you are equally welcome to join me in some moderately geeky flânerie). You should not have an aversion to stuffed rats, however. Anyone?

(Also, totally not Les Mis-related, but do any of this forum's lugubrious Romantics plan to see "Les contes d'Hoffmann" on the first or third of June? Or, alternatively, does anyone plan to see it before that who could let me know if the production is godawful?)

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:06 pm

What day/time would you guys prefer for our big meal at the Café Procope?

There's a large group going to see the show on the evening of June 6th, and I assume many of you have bought individual tickets for June 5th. Obviously dinner is not going to be scheduled during either of the shows. But this means we have to either eat before the show (which means we can't linger over dessert) or after the show (which means dinner at 11:30pm). The Procope, like many French restaurants, doesn't open for dinner before 6:30pm, and the show is at 8:00.

So, two questions for you all:

- What time do you want to eat? We could do 6:30 and barely have an hour to eat, we could hurry to the restaurant right after the show lets out and have dinner at 11:30, or we could do lunch instead.

- What day would you prefer, June 5 or June 6?
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:17 pm

I'm easy, but would prefer not to rush...so perhaps lunch?

Is the 5th sold out yet? I haven't booked a ticket for that (guess lazy arse needs to go look and see...).

Frédérique

Postby Frédérique » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:09 pm

No, June 5 hasn't sold out yet! Or it least it hadn't when I meant to finally book my ticket last week, then retreated again to medidate over seating once more ... Nope, still not sold out (except for the cheapest category).

ETA: ALSO. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a métro ticket that by nature lasts an entire week or at least a day or a supersize carnet that contains pfffty individual tickets and is cheaper than buying several carnets or ... any such thing?

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:55 pm

You can get 'em in packs of 10 for €11,50 or so...

Frédérique

Postby Frédérique » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:07 pm

That's the carnet, isn't it? (Isn't it individual ticket = ticket, thing-with-ten-tickets = carnet?) I just thought maybe there was a way of getting more than ten tickets and saving on the price the way one saves on the price of individual tickets by getting the carnet.

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Mon May 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Hey guys! I'm in charge of the sashes now. If you didn't vote in the livejournal poll I made (http://community.livejournal.com/barricadeday/3584.html) and you do want a sash, please let me know! I need to get a final head count so I know how much fabric to buy. And I'm asking for, like, five dollars/euros/whatever in exchange for the sash. Right now I've got a count of nine sashes total.

(Also... who is apkdsmith on livejournal? I get confused when people have different names at different sites.)

ivrogne transfiguré

Postby ivrogne transfiguré » Mon May 24, 2010 11:43 pm

lesmisloony wrote:(Also... who is apkdsmith on livejournal? I get confused when people have different names at different sites.)

Heh. Sorry. That would be me.

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Tue May 25, 2010 2:39 am

Oh, wonderful! Thanks! I was trying to match up people who had responded on livejournal to people who had rsvp'd on the website.

Return to “Announcements”