Meetup: Barricade Day 2010 in Paris

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?
MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Why not both nights? 38 euro seats sound fine to me.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:21 pm

MmeJavert wrote:Why not both nights? 38 euro seats sound fine to me.

- Not everyone is seeing it both nights, and we need to have a group of at least ten to reserve group tickets.
- I don't think I'm the only one who wants to see it once in a group and once on an individually-purchased ticket.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Ugh, I'm sorry I'm such a horrible procrastinator. I just emailed the theatre back to say we're taking the €38 seats if they're still available.

If you're definitely in for group tickets, please send an email to barricadeday2010@gmail.com to say you're in. Include your forum username and, if you feel comfortable doing so, your real name. (I promise I will keep it private.)

Go ahead and email if you want group seats but your travel plans aren't 100% sure. The tickets will most likely be transferable, so if it turns out you can't make it, another fan can reimburse you the cost of the ticket and go in your place.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:10 am

I've booked the tickets for the evening of June 6th. At the moment there are about five places still available in the group; the final price is 36€ per ticket. Send off an email to barricadeday2010@gmail.com if you want one, and I'll send you a PayPal request for the cost of the ticket.

The theatre needs to be paid by the end of the month, which means I need to have everyone's ticket money by the 23rd or so.

And again, the nice thing about group tickets is they don't have your name attached. Which means that if your plans change and you can't make it to Paris, another fan can buy your ticket off you.

MusicalTwin

Postby MusicalTwin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Wow... damn I discovered this just now. :( What a pity! Is there any chance that there are still tickets available for this? :?
~*Last' inn tegitha!*~
(Listen, your instinct will lead you!)

~*What makes us special makes us strong!*~

Marianne

Re: Meetup: Barricade Day 2010 in Paris

Postby Marianne » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Just a quick update: the theatre hasn't sent me the tickets or any confirmation that they got my payment, so I just sent them an email asking what's going on. The director of my study-abroad program has assured me that this is probably normal, since she went through the same thing trying to book group seats at the Paris opera.

Anyway, they're going to get back to me on Monday or Tuesday.

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:16 pm

Frédérique

Postby Frédérique » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:16 pm

1. This is great.

2. I think I just wrecked the guest list display with the accents aigus on 'Frédérique'. My apologies! I hope this does not actually mess with any general code. (If it does, I ... will bring a cake? With a marzipan lobster on it? The piece containing which must be won in a competition for the best plaidoyer for Romantic philosophy performed while positioned upside down in a public space? Possibly.)

xrainexloirex

Postby xrainexloirex » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm so mad that I can't go! I tried explaining to my parents that I'll be back in time for graduation, but they're worried that something will happen and I'll be stuck in Paris, not that I'd mine, though. My dad said to make up for me not going to Paris to see it, he'll take me if a tour comes through where I am. And that's a very big if.

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:40 pm

There's a tour that's booking right now and is supposed to start in the autumn of this year. They were originally promising it was to be an Equity tour, but they're booking split weeks, so it's really hard to say until things actually start happening.

However, that does mean there will be a US tour starting in the fall with a possibility of hitting Vegas. The previous tour played there several times. (and when the non-Equity Miss Saigon tour was booking touring houses that were usually Equity, one of the stops was Chicago, a year or two after the last Equity tour had been there. So I'm not sure Vegas would be out.)

Something to keep an eye on, anyway.
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Frédérique wrote:1. This is great.

2. I think I just wrecked the guest list display with the accents aigus on 'Frédérique'. My apologies! I hope this does not actually mess with any general code. (If it does, I ... will bring a cake? With a marzipan lobster on it? The piece containing which must be won in a competition for the best plaidoyer for Romantic philosophy performed while positioned upside down in a public space? Possibly.)

Nope, you didn't! Just a character-encoding snafu that is now fixed.

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:45 am

The site is gorgeous!

And you know that if you need to employ someone to crank out some tri-colour sashes I can crank out a few. I've got my sewing machine with me here at school, no roommate, no classes on Fridays, and no classes before 12:30 any day. It's going to be a good semester.

Mamselle Miss

Postby Mamselle Miss » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Great job Marianne! All that information on getting there and lodging is very helpful.

I am also willing to sew a few sashes. Just tell me when you need them.
Laughter is not all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one.
-Oscar Wilde

a_marguerite

Postby a_marguerite » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Yay Marianne! site looks awesome and Frédérique, I would love you forever if you managed to find a cake with a marzipan lobster on top.

I would be interested in commissioning a tricolor sash, Loony or MamselleMiss- how would you like to work out payment, etc?

Edited to fix some egregious typos. Egad, how on earth did I manage to put down some of those?
Last edited by a_marguerite on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frédérique

Postby Frédérique » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Oh, good (re: character-encoding snafu)!

To my unspeakable disappointment, marzipan lobsters appears to be a popular component of some dishes already - there are even instructions on how to make them! (I'm sure they could be made in blue, too. Actually, how about a tricolour set of Hébert I-III?) I probably ought to start practising.

Also, seconding the question re: commissioning sashes.

Return to “Announcements”