The Away Thread

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?
Marianne

The Away Thread

Postby Marianne » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:44 pm

If you're going to be away from the forum for a while and want to let the rest of us know, post here. :D

I shall start--I'm going to be in Bordeaux the entire month of July, and neither the hotel nor the language immersion program offers free internet. I might pay now and again, or sneak onto unsecured wireless hotspots, but I probably won't be online regularly.

(After Bordeaux I'll be going to Paris for five days; I'll be sure to bring back pictures of LM-related locations.)

I'll be back sometime in the first week of August.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

Savoire Faire

Postby Savoire Faire » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:23 am

Bon voyage, Marianne! :)
What a pity that in life we only get our lessons when they are of no use to us.

Annelise

Postby Annelise » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:07 pm

Hope you have fun! Paris is amazing. :D

I am also going to be gone (not Paris, sadly) to Alaska for a week, and most likely will not have Internet service up there. I'm leaving tonight.
I live in a world of my own thoughts, where my plans and dreams float about…I hope that you will get to know all my good sides better—those you know and those you don’t know yet. Everything in its own time. -Ala Gertner

SylvieProuvaire1832

Postby SylvieProuvaire1832 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:42 pm

Have fun you guys! I actually am away right now at DUke, until the 13th, and though I can get on sometimes, it's hard to snag a computer in the cafeteria! *waves*
Have courage for the greatest sorrows of life and patience for the small ones, and when you have labouriously acomplished your daily tasks, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.

mizfan92

Postby mizfan92 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:37 pm

I will be away at an employment program from today to the 19th of July!

*is very excited!*
:D

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:10 pm

Well, here I am. :lol: The hotel has free internet after all, but for various reasons my computer was dead for a while. So, looks like I am back.

If I post too frequently, slap me across the face and tell me to go out and enjoy Bordeaux/improve my French/take pictures of the monument to the Girondins/find a café in the Quartier St-Pierre and hit on the waiter/buy a 5-euro bottle of wine and get utterly sloshed. Because I did not come here to refresh forums for hours on end, lovely as all you folks are.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.

- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

Frédéric Dumont

Postby Frédéric Dumont » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:51 pm

Well, since you have internet access, you might as well keep us informed of what's going on. :wink:

aka Darth Gilthoron
I am the lawrr and the lawrr is not mocked! *growl*
THE BLOOD OF THE SPAMBOTS SHALL WATER THE MEADOWS OF FRANCE!!!

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:50 am

Marianne wrote:Well, here I am. :lol: The hotel has free internet after all, but for various reasons my computer was dead for a while. So, looks like I am back.

If I post too frequently, slap me across the face and tell me to go out and enjoy Bordeaux/improve my French/take pictures of the monument to the Girondins/find a café in the Quartier St-Pierre and hit on the waiter/buy a 5-euro bottle of wine and get utterly sloshed. Because I did not come here to refresh forums for hours on end, lovely as all you folks are.

Or, alternately: find and ship me a pretty blonde Frenchboy. Save on shipping: clothes optional. :twisted:
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Frédéric Dumont

Postby Frédéric Dumont » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:36 am

:lol:

I'll be at Munich for two days. See you on Sunday evening!

aka Darth Gilthoron

SylvieProuvaire1832

Postby SylvieProuvaire1832 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:14 pm

Ah, next Sunday, I will be at a mission trip in NYC where there will be no chance to get online or even on a computer for about a week, and then we are going to Maine for a week or two, to visit my grandparents. I'm not sure they have internet either, especially since they moved out of the cabin into a retirement home last year. So...gone maybe two or three weeks...
Have courage for the greatest sorrows of life and patience for the small ones, and when you have labouriously acomplished your daily tasks, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.

Frédéric Dumont

Postby Frédéric Dumont » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:54 pm

Awww, I'll miss mah Sylvie...

aka Darth Gilthoron

Mademoiselle Lanoire

Postby Mademoiselle Lanoire » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:36 pm

In a couple hours I'll be heading to spend about a week at a cabin, probably without net access. See you when I get back.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:01 pm

Will miss you!

I'm not sure if this qualifies as 'away' (but since I'm the one with a running fic here on the forum), but I expect that all throughout August, I won't be here as regularly as I'd like. Especially on the third week of August, during my term exams.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Savoire Faire

Postby Savoire Faire » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:10 pm

Seems to me as if a good number of us will be away for a while. :)

Right, I'm leaving for Australia tomorrow, for a trip that might extend to well over three days. My phones will be on roaming, though, so I should be able to visit and post (particularly in Enjolras is Missing!) at least once or twice in a day. Though, I don't think I shall be dearly missed! :lol: I am also preparing for several sporting, educational and theatrical events in August, so in the first two weeks of said month my absence will be a bit long.
What a pity that in life we only get our lessons when they are of no use to us.

Frédéric Dumont

Postby Frédéric Dumont » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:45 pm

Savvy, I SHALL MISS YOU MUCHLY!!! :( And so will all the little Jacobins. :wink:
Pssst, Hébert wants you to book a room for two because he claims he's coming with you... :D :twisted:

aka Darth Gilthoron

Return to “Announcements”