Barricade Day 2012

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?
Ravariel

Re: Barricade Day 2012

Postby Ravariel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:59 am

Marianne wrote:In addition to it being the 180th anniversary, the days of the week also line up... June 5 and 6 were a Tuesday and a Wednesday in 1832, and will be again this year.

/trivia o' the day

I knew it was the 180th, but I didn't realize the days of the week were equivalent--I knew it was a Tuesday/Wednesday in '32, but I hadn't looked for this year. That is really cool!
"I learned not to fear infinity,
The far field, the windy cliffs of forever,
The dying of time in the white light of tomorrow."
--Theodore Roethke

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Tue May 01, 2012 8:12 am

Marianne wrote:In addition to it being the 180th anniversary, the days of the week also line up... June 5 and 6 were a Tuesday and a Wednesday in 1832, and will be again this year.

/trivia o' the day

Well that's not going to help my crying during Barricade Days... :oops:
Not active on here much, lurking only when necessary, for reasons most don't need to know. Contact info's on my profile. I might be active again later. I don't know. Until then lovelies!

Meg-Giry

Postby Meg-Giry » Wed May 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi everyone
Yes I'm back - sorry for my long absence but I got some personal problems - but they do not belong here...

I'll be in Paris form 4. to 7. June. If some(one) of you - who can make it there to - would like to meet up, this would be great.

Meg

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Tue May 08, 2012 10:35 am

Meg-Giry wrote:Hi everyone
Yes I'm back - sorry for my long absence but I got some personal problems - but they do not belong here...

I'll be in Paris form 4. to 7. June. If some(one) of you - who can make it there to - would like to meet up, this would be great.

Meg

I wouln't be able to make it there, but, if I send you my soul in a box, would you be so kind as to leave it on the Pont au Change some time before one in the morning, June 7th? :cry:

Way to make yourself look like you only care about Javert, lesmisphangirl! Gavroche is awesome too! As are Joly and Enjolras and Grantaire and the rest of the gang!

I'm not fully serious there {about leaving my soul on that particular bridge, as I kind of need my soul, thank you very much!}, but you've no idea how jealous I am of you right now.

Also, as this is partially related to the topic, I'll post it here:
Isn't there still a restaurant where the barricades were at in the Brick? I'd really hate to get to France some time and try to get there June 5th or 6th looking for a restaurant to sit in, only to find a bakery or some other such thing or not even be able to find the place at all because I was told there's a restaurant there currently. I suppose I can still walk around the bakery, but I was under the impression that there is in face a resturant there currently {that even shares the name of the one in the Brick?}.

If this post makes no sense at all, it's because it's five in the morning here and I apologize ahead of time if I come across as total moron in this post. Smart posts are rarely made at five in the morning... :?
Not active on here much, lurking only when necessary, for reasons most don't need to know. Contact info's on my profile. I might be active again later. I don't know. Until then lovelies!

Meg-Giry

Postby Meg-Giry » Wed May 09, 2012 7:24 pm

LesMisPhangirl wrote:I wouln't be able to make it there, but, if I send you my soul in a box, would you be so kind as to leave it on the Pont au Change some time before one in the morning, June 7th? :cry:

Way to make yourself look like you only care about Javert, lesmisphangirl! Gavroche is awesome too! As are Joly and Enjolras and Grantaire and the rest of the gang!

I'm not fully serious there {about leaving my soul on that particular bridge, as I kind of need my soul, thank you very much!}, but you've no idea how jealous I am of you right now.

:pat: :pat: I did not wish to make you jealous. But I can think of you - wehn I'm there - send you some Paris-spirit.

Mlle_Alexandrie

Postby Mlle_Alexandrie » Wed May 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Send me some Paris-spirit, too? *puppy dog eyes* I just found out that Barricade Day happens to be during my finals week... :x
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Thu May 10, 2012 9:55 am

Meg-Giry wrote::pat: :pat: I did not wish to make you jealous. But I can think of you - wehn I'm there - send you some Paris-spirit.

Aww thanks! I appreciate it!

I suppose I'll just wait seven more years and go myself when it's back on the same week days as in the Brick. That's plenty of time to save up, right? :roll:

Meg-Giry

Postby Meg-Giry » Mon May 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Mlle_Alexandrie wrote:Send me some Paris-spirit, too? *puppy dog eyes* I just found out that Barricade Day happens to be during my finals week... :x

I'll do that. Good luck for your final weeks. :-)

Maria Combeferre

Postby Maria Combeferre » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:24 pm

So I didn't get to Paris this year either, meaning I'll be spending Barricade Day the same way I did last year: going through the barricade scenes in the Brick and various movies versions I've gotten my hands on, make Barricake, join the AIM watch-through. Does anyone know when that starts btw?

Anyway, happy Barricade Day everyone!
It's easier to be odd or crazy or insane than to hurt all the time.

Be who you are and say what you mean. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:31 am

Happy barricade day, belatedly.

Wish I could say I spent barricade day nicely. Instead all I got were three classes, one mind-numbing exam, and my immune system reacting in protest directly after.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

The Bricklayer

Postby The Bricklayer » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Happy slightly late Barricade Day.
Spent Barricade Day like any other day. :( No one else I know celebrates it.
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Posted my wishes in the Pictures thread already...celebrated big time! :) Flag-wavin, listening, reading, watching...and a toast to this superb piece of art! Next celebration in December...see you all at the barricades of freeeeeedooooooom!
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

Simara

Postby Simara » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Me and a friend started to sing "Do you hear the people sing" in class. It was totally improvised and freaking awesome. But the teacher refused to give us a free day to honor the Barricades Day. :wink:
Das Denken ist die Arbeit des Geistes, das Träumen seine Freude.

Meg-Giry

Postby Meg-Giry » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi everyone
Hope my "Paris-spirit" did reach you all. I was thinking of you all, while I wandered the streets of le amies...

Meg

Mlle_Alexandrie

Postby Mlle_Alexandrie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:52 pm

It brought me very good luck on my French final, so thank you for that. :mrgreen:
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

Return to “Announcements”