Megaupload Is Gone

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?
MmeBahorel

Megaupload Is Gone

Postby MmeBahorel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:20 am

The US Department of Justice has shut down Megaupload and arrested many of the people who run the site: AP: Popular file-sharing website Megaupload shut down.

So if you're wondering why almost all the files linked on this forum no longer work, even those that were put up recently, that would be why.

(an absolutely horrific precedent, but that's a subject for a different forum. I'm posting this here because it seems like the sort of announcement that should be made, as it impacts the workings of this community.)
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Megaupload Is Gone

Postby MmeJavert » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:39 am

Ha, you beat me to it. :)

Anything that is NOT copyright protected (e.g., large photos or drawings or recordings of yourself singing that you didn't want to put on YouTube, etc.) you can actually upload directly to the forum using the Attachment tool. That option is directly below the Submit button for any new post. Copyrighted material obviously will not be hosted directly here and I'll remove it if it does get uploaded as an attachment. If you HAVE to add copyrighted material, link to it on YouTube or similar.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Return to “Announcements”