Fandom Holiday Exchange - anyone interested?

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?
Cary

Re: Fandom Holiday Exchange - anyone interested?

Postby Cary » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:45 am

Ah okay, thanks! :D

Alex

Postby Alex » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:20 am

Ooh, I'm happy I discovered this thread just before the signup deadline! Funny, I was planning on suggesting a secret santa thing myself, but I'm happy someone else got to it before me since I've never organized one before.

However, I am not on Livejournal - can I still participate? If so, how do I go about signing up; should I send you a PM, or...?

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Yes, you can still sign up! Go to the signup link - anonymous replies are enabled for that thread, which means people who do not have LJ accounts can post. Replies to that post are hidden so that everyone isn't speculating about who they want/who they'll get - it's a present, therefore it's a surprise :)

Click on "Post a comment" and you'll get a comment box. Make sure you include all five things the sign-up requires.

When it comes time to submit/post your gift, email it to me and I'll post it on your behalf. I'll make a post here when reveals will open up, and keep checking the community all week for new fic/drawings/etc. Full rules and timeline for this year are here.
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:52 am

Assignments have gone out! Check your inboxes - and let the panic begin :)

If you don't have an email from me, let me know - nothing has bounced, it was obviously not sent as a batch, but things can sometimes go astray.

(and yes, hazellwood, I have your note and it's in my spreadsheet - have fun over the holidays!)
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

Alex

Postby Alex » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:15 am

I just have a question, since I've never done this before - are fic exchanges generally of a one-shot or multi-chapter nature? Or just whatever we feel like making it?

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:54 am

Generally one-shot. Yuletide (which is the major multi-fandom exchange I do around this time) sets a requirement of 1000 words. I think that's a good guideline, but I'm not holding anyone to word counts. If you want to do something long, I won't talk you out of it, but it should be complete when you give it to your recipient: no works-in-progress.

Patria

Postby Patria » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:19 am

Oh my goodness, I would love to do this, but honestly... I'm not sure I'm a good enough artist >.> I'm going to have to think about it. I'd be terrified of drawing some incredible artist, haha.

Edit: oops. I better think about it fast, or possibly next year. Bit late, isn't it? I swear, I always see these things a week after the deadline :P
"Would you like my hat?"

Awesome icon by Hannah.

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:02 pm

For anyone who is ready, posting is now open! For anyone who is not ready, you have 1 week :) (and don't worry, I'm still typing mine.)

Return to “Announcements”