Les Mis Tour meetup?

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?
MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Les Mis Tour meetup?

Postby MmeJavert » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 pm

If there's any meetups planned for the Papermill stop, I am counting myself out for that. I will decide later this month (i.e., once more stuff has been sorted out with my car), whether I can go to Philly.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Philly is on sale and selling rapidly. Kristin and I just got seats for 15 January, 2 pm, if anyone would like to join us. Or, alternately, if anyone is going that evening and would like to meet up for dinner between shows :)
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:08 pm

Welp, looks like I'll be back in Michigan for when it comes through Detroit ... ANYONE ELSE GOING TO BE NEAR THERE IN MARCH ... >_>

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:02 am

Just realized I can make it to the Papermill stop! Wasn't sure due to school, but it's on my way back from Thanksgiving break, so I just bought a ticket--Sunday November 28, evening show, fourth-row mezz. If anyone's going to be in the area and wants to meet up, let me know.

(I'm also within range of the other east-coast stops, so a meetup in Philly or Baltimore might be a possibility.)
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:58 am

Shall we try for a DC-area meet up in October?

Tickets go on sale for the DC stop (September 28-October 30) on Monday. I've no intention of ordering group tickets, but if we all pick a Saturday matinee to aim for, I think that would be most convenient for everyone. Meaning, if you can't guarantee coming now, but you're interested and think it might happen, do jump in with which weekend would or wouldn't work for you. My October is completely open, so I'm flexible.

Tickets for a Saturday matinee are $39-89 (do not spend the $99 for box seats - they're opera boxes and you do better in the orchestra for less money).

The general plan would be - matinee, meet up at the stage door, be nerdy, get dinner in Dupont or Georgetown, be nerdy, depending on stamina/interest/age decamp to a realm of adult beverages to continue being nerdy.

Anyone interested, let me know - let's get a date settled, at least, to then plan around!
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

between4walls

Postby between4walls » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:28 am

Count me in- I've never seen the musical. Any Saturday in October works for me also. How/where would one buy tickets most cheaply?
Here day embraces night, and says: I will die with you and you will be reborn with me. From the heavy embrace of all desolations springs faith.

The real name of devotion is disinterestedness.

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:38 pm

Cheapest online is straight through the Kennedy Center for the moment - fees are 10% of ticket price. I'd go ahead and do that rather than trust in the magic of discount codes. This is likely to sell strongly enough that discounts won't be offered. If there were to be discounts, they'd come through Goldstar.com or TicketPlace (the DC version of TKTS) during the run. Tix go on sale starting Monday.

The side balcony seats aren't awful - I had them for Mary Poppins. Are they worth $39? I find them borderline for that price, but that's just my opinion. Luckily, the Opera House isn't the barn that some touring houses are, so I've definitely seen much worse possibilities for the same price.

Ulkis

Postby Ulkis » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:56 am

If I can find an alternate route from NJ . . . aka not having to drive over a scary big bridge . . . I will definitely be there.

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:49 am

Shall we consider 15 October our target date? Anyone who can come for the 1:30 pm matinee, get tickets for then.

At the beginning of October, we'll take a count of how many people will be there and make appropriate dinner plans for after, if that suits everyone who may be interested.

cordeliersclub

Postby cordeliersclub » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:32 am

Just noticed this thread--

!!!!

I can do the 15th! Is everyone else doing orchestra seats? I've only ever been in the first tier. Also, apparently the boxes are sold out already. Should I be surprised?

I am also obviously in for anything in Georgetown or Dupont.
les Amis de l'ABC do not laugh at puns.

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:35 am

I'm doing orchestra.

Tix are actually up and available now for anyone who is interested! They went on sale on the website a day early, apparently, so grab what you want when you can!

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:16 am

Well, why not. Two weekends to DC in a row in October it is, then! So now I have my ticket for LM, but apparently tickets for Aaron aren't on sale yet. I was going to get them both at the same time but oh well, we'll try again later for that.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

cordeliersclub

Postby cordeliersclub » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:23 am

These tickets are disappearing before my eyes! Is this you guys?

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:08 pm

Group sales and subscribers get in before the public on-sale date. All the performances I checked (including a couple Wednesday night) looked exactly the same when I bought my tickets. There's a definite demand for LM in this area.

cordeliersclub

Postby cordeliersclub » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:50 pm

Perhaps I am getting some other kind of error. :/

Return to “Announcements”