Les Mis Tour meetup?

Any new and interesting events going on that you'd like to tell us about?
MmeBahorel

Re: Les Mis Tour meetup?

Postby MmeBahorel » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:33 am

Right now, I'm seeing the same scattered singles, or close to it, that I saw last night in the front orchestra, and good availability in the rear orchestra. There's definitely availability for that performance for the time being. If the website isn't working for you, PM me - we'll get it figured out.
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

cordeliersclub

Postby cordeliersclub » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:11 am

Bought tickets at work--victory! I have a pretty random seat, but I can't wait.
les Amis de l'ABC do not laugh at puns.

between4walls

Postby between4walls » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Might not be able to hang out after (ugh homework) but definitely going to the show.
Here day embraces night, and says: I will die with you and you will be reborn with me. From the heavy embrace of all desolations springs faith.

The real name of devotion is disinterestedness.

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:39 pm

DC meet up on October 15 is about a month away! Which means I need a head count so I can figure out dinner reservations - the size of the group may determine where we can go.

Looking at Circa, Founding Farmers, or Clyde's of Georgetown, probably for a 6:30/7 pm reservation. All of these are modern American, range from $11-$20 for sandwiches and entrees at dinner (before tax and tip), and have full drink menus for those who are of age and interested. All should be able handle a variety of tastes and dietary requirements. And all are a reasonable distance from the Kennedy Center (15 minute walk or less).

Let me know 1) if you are coming to the matinee, 2) if you are coming to dinner, 3) if you are bringing additional people to either or both, 4) if you are interested in postgaming after dinner and if you are of legal drinking age if so (so I can figure out options for a Saturday night). You can hang out at the stage door with us and not come to dinner; you can join us for dinner without seeing the show that day. But I want to get a head count by September 30 so I can call for reservations for dinner.

So, to reiterate: post here or PM me by September 30 if you want to join a meet up on October 15, after the 2 pm matinee. If you need to drop out after having RSVPd for dinner, let me know a couple days in advance. I will post here with the restaurant, exact reservation time, directions, etc. as soon as I have made a reservation.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the 15th!

EDIT: And if anyone from out of town is coming in, wants to post-game (figure dinner will be over 8:30 or 9 pm), and needs a place to spend the night, let me know that, too.
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:19 pm

I have a ticket for Saturday matinee on the 15th, though right now I am not sure about any post-show stuff, because that depends on whether I have any income then.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Bohemian Red Head

Postby Bohemian Red Head » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:54 pm

Myself, Usefulbeauty, and three family members will be at the show. I think we have orchestra seats but I don't know where yet. We can hang around the stage door for a bit, but I'm not sure about dinner. Our parents are a bit iffy on the whole thing. I will try to use my powers of persuasion to let us join everyone for dinner, but we will definitely see everyone at the stage door.

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:51 pm

Is there going to be any meet ups at, say, any of the Ohio locations? I have a huge decision I need to have made before I can determine whether to even attempt to go see Les Mis on tour and I doubt the decision will be made in time to attempt to go see it in the DC area. :cry: Also I'll prolly need to meet up with someone on the way there so if anyone from 'Penns-hell-vania" { my compliments to Mmejavert on that nickname :lol: } is planning on taking Amtrak or the like and is willing to meet up with me at some point on the way there that would be most helpful. It would prolly have to be during the week since I work weekends but if I have enough advance warning I might be able to ask off for it for the weekend.
Not active on here much, lurking only when necessary, for reasons most don't need to know. Contact info's on my profile. I might be active again later. I don't know. Until then lovelies!

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:44 am

Part of the reason for the DC meetup is, I think, that there are a decent number of people who live more-or-less in the area. If I were employed/had income right now I could consider anything more than a stage-door meetup but right now I can't do anything but this one singular trip to see the LM tour. I did already see it when it was at Philly in January so I suppose I'm good.

But! That's no reason you can't set up meetups. I don't know who all lives where and if you want to post where/when you're seeing the show, maybe someone else nearby will want to meet up.
like a word misplaced

~pearl jam, "dissident"

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:16 pm

The reason we went for a DC meet-up is that there are something like 10 of us in the DC area or planning to see the show in DC, which is a pretty good chunk of people. It isn't that DC is at all special, just that there's a concentration of fans because it's a major metro area with good East Coast transportation links.

Mme Javert, you'll want to hang around at the KC for a while after - Aaron is doing the NSO Rodgers and Hammerstein concert that starts at 8 that evening, which is maybe why he moved his Barbara Cook Spotlight to May? There are couches right there, and the Concert Hall stage door is right across the hall from the Opera House stage door. One stop shopping :)

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Aaron is doing the NSO Rodgers and Hammerstein concert that starts at 8 that evening

Oh, excellent. If I have money then I just might. :D
like a word misplaced

~pearl jam, "dissident"

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:05 am

Darn. Oh well! I might be able to get someone who lives near me to go with me to Ohio. I'd try for the DC meetup if it wasn't going to be so soon. The 15th would be cutting it close for me. :?
Not active on here much, lurking only when necessary, for reasons most don't need to know. Contact info's on my profile. I might be active again later. I don't know. Until then lovelies!

Alex

Postby Alex » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:17 am

I'm in DC and just saw the show tonight, but I'm totally down for meeting for drinks that night if other people are interested (or dinner as well if you haven't already made the reservation, but I understand I'm a week late for the deadline). Let me know! It would be a lot of fun to talk about the show and other Les Mis-related stuff with people who know more about it.

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Ok, since it looks like it won't be a big crowd, I'm not going to bother with a reservation for dinner. This gives us a lot more flexibility. Anyone who is interested in coming along, meet up at the Opera House stage door around 4:30 next Saturday. Once the cast leaves, those of us interested in dinner and drinks will head out.

Sound good to everyone? See you next week!

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:35 pm

See everyone this afternoon! 4:30-ish, at the Kennedy Center Opera House stage door. (just inside the left set of main doors when you're facing the building - as you exit the opera house after the show, turn LEFT to get this direction.)

I'm short, have very short blonde hair, and will be wearing a red scarf around my neck.

MmeFeuilly

Postby MmeFeuilly » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:50 am

OK guys, it's finally coming back to Toronto this summer! I think it opens in July. Anyone wanna come and see it?
I Live On Constellation Street

Return to “Announcements”