Introductions

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Introductions

Postby MmeJavert » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:35 am

Welcome to Abaissé! Glad you could be with us. I'd be really glad if you'll take a few minutes and tell us all about yourself. Who are you (if not Jean Valjean), where you're from, how long you've been a Mizfan, etc.

Please do not post more than one Introduction, even if you have been on a long hiatus from the board. If that is the case, update and bump your original thread. I will delete any and all duplicates.

Please do not pimp your site in your introduction; make a separate post in Advertisements if you'd like to do that, since that is what that forum is there for.

Once again, welcome to the boards!

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:12 pm

Making an addendum to this for any members who have not posted an introduction:

I guess I should explain my reasoning for asking every new member to introduce themselves. Besides telling us who you are, so we'd know you from Eve around the internets, this also tells me that you're an honest-to-god forum denizen, and not a spammer.

So until you've made a post in here and/or anywhere else, I'm going to be really suspicious. I have already deleted and banned one spammer, and I'd like to have to do that as little as possible. I hate spam, I hate seeing it, and unless it's related to Les Mis we don't need any advertising on here. As you can see there are NO google ads or similar on this page; I don't want members posting their own ads unless it's relevant. And unless you introduce us I won't know whether you're here to spam or not. Capisce?

I'm not trying to be mean ol' Admin with a thousand rules to follow; I want this to be a friendly place for like-minded fans to commune, and I want us to be able to trust everyone in that we're not going to flood the place with spam (as seems to be occurring at the frenchboys.net forum).

So please post an introduction if you haven't already, we just want to know you're here legitimately. :)
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Return to “Introductions”