Attempting to broaden my Les Mis horizons...Hello!

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
strictlydovasary

Attempting to broaden my Les Mis horizons...Hello!

Postby strictlydovasary » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:27 am

Hello all!

Who am I?
I am a lifelong reader, writer, and artist currently in thrall to Les Mis. In fandom corners of the internet, I go by Dove! I'm a few years out from thirty and I wrangle children to pay the bills.

Where am I from?
In a literal sense: the American west. In a figurative sense, though, I'm from the part of the fandom that hangs out on tumblr and makes up headcanons about what the Barricade Boys & co. would be like if they were alive today. I also moderate a Les Mis discord server called the Discorinthe.

How long have I been a Les Mis fan?
I first saw the musical when I was 11 or 12, and I liked it at the time, but I thought very little of it for years. Seeing the musical movie on Christmas Day in 2012 rejuvenated my interest a bit, but I still didn't even realize there was a fandom to join until mid 2015. A convoluted series of events led me to start reading Enjolras/Grantaire fanfic on AO3, which I continued doing until I could differentiate between Combeferre and Courfeyrac, and then I migrated into the tumblr fandom, started reading the Brick, and started making my own fan content.

What am I doing here?
My involvement in the fandom up to this point has been largely tumblr-based with some AO3 on the side, but since becoming a moderator for the Discorinthe I've gotten more curious about other loci of Les Mis fandom, so here I am! Admittedly the initial impetus for my presence here is to see if anybody wants to come kick it on Discord, but I'm also very open to participating in the fandom here as well.

deHavilland

Re: Attempting to broaden my Les Mis horizons...Hello!

Postby deHavilland » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi, there! Welcome to Abaisse!

We do have an Abaisse Discord server that's pretty active from within our community, but you're more than welcome to join us and I'm sure there are some Abaisse members who would happily be part of both. :)

And feel free to pop by the Cafe Mu(in)sain tread over on the General boards for board-based chattery!
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

strictlydovasary

Re: Attempting to broaden my Les Mis horizons...Hello!

Postby strictlydovasary » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:46 am

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Return to “Introductions”