Hii

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
thedrunkRncynic

Hii

Postby thedrunkRncynic » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:16 pm

So I'm new to Les Mis in general... I'm currently reading the Brick but I've watched the movie musical and a couple different bootlegs of the stage musical, and I guess I'm just here to make friends?

Acaila

Re: Hii

Postby Acaila » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Heya, welcome to Abaisse. We're great at enabling new fans into obsession ;) You're a Grantaire fan I take it?
Do feel free to hop into threads and get discussing! There's also an important information subforum that has FAQs and such for anything you're not sure about :)
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

thedrunkRncynic

Postby thedrunkRncynic » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Acaila wrote:Heya, welcome to Abaisse. We're great at enabling new fans into obsession ;) You're a Grantaire fan I take it?
Do feel free to hop into threads and get discussing! There's also an important information subforum that has FAQs and such for anything you're not sure about :)

Hey!! Yeah I am a Grantaire fan! For whatever reason he just appealed to me right from the start and I love him, although I am much more like a combination of Enjolras for his strong ideals and Jehan for his poetic beautiful flowery self! I'll try my best to get involved and not be too shy :D

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:16 am

Welcome! Great to see new people discovering our site. I hope you have fun posting around and meeting our members! :D

And I think you'll be in very good company, as far as being a Grantaire fan who's reading the Brick after having previously watched a couple of versions of the musical!

thedrunkRncynic

Postby thedrunkRncynic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:31 am

Prisoner 24653 wrote:Welcome! Great to see new people discovering our site. I hope you have fun posting around and meeting our members! :D

And I think you'll be in very good company, as far as being a Grantaire fan who's reading the Brick after having previously watched a couple of versions of the musical!

Thanks! I hope sooo.... Most people I've met online don't seem to like R very much.

Postby 23623 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Hello and welcome to Abaisse! I like Grantaire too. He's an interesting character. I'm not an amis fan in general but his personality really stands out. Don't know any Les Mis community besides this one but I imagine seeing so much R hate would be disappointing. :|
Revolution, but civilization

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:46 pm

thedrunkRncynic wrote:Thanks! I hope sooo.... Most people I've met online don't seem to like R very much.

How strange! I can't say I've noticeably come across too many people who were openly against Grantaire, so you'll certainly find none of that here!

And welcome to Abaisse! :D
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:08 pm

thedrunkRncynic wrote:So I'm new to Les Mis in general... I'm currently reading the Brick but I've watched the movie musical and a couple different bootlegs of the stage musical, and I guess I'm just here to make friends?

Heya! Welcome to Abaissé! Always nice to see a new face :D
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:00 pm

thedrunkRncynic wrote:So I'm new to Les Mis in general... I'm currently reading the Brick but I've watched the movie musical and a couple different bootlegs of the stage musical, and I guess I'm just here to make friends?

Howdy from Texas! I'm new-ish here and don't know all the abbreviations yet :) It's a good place to meet some buddies who are into the same thing, and don't miss the OT threads. How far along are you in the Brick?
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Return to “Introductions”