Hello:)

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
Morrigan_Blue

Hello:)

Postby Morrigan_Blue » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:00 pm

Hello to all!
I became a Mizzie after watching the TAC in 2012 and finally got to watch a live production when the Aussie cast came to Singapore (that's where I'm from) earlier this year. :)
I finally got to reading the Brick (Denny translation) last month or so and stumbled upon this forum soon after. And am I glad I did, this forum is amazing! Really excited to be here :D :D

CC21106

Re: Hello:)

Postby CC21106 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Hello, Morrigan! Welcome! Hello from Texas. I am new, too, been on here about 2 months. There are some old-timers who know EVERYTHING about everything and their posts are fascinating. And they are friendly to newbies.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Postby 23623 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:48 pm

Hi Morrigan! Glad to see another Asian here! :D

How was the Asian tour? I've been waiting for it for 2 years BUT I don't have the chance to see it as I'm now in the US. What's even more frustrating is that I missed the Broadway revival because it closed JUST BEFORE I came here. Anyway...sorry for the rant, but really, I feel happy for you (and a little bit jealous to be honest :mrgreen: ) I hope you've enjoyed the performance!
Revolution, but civilization

Morrigan_Blue

Postby Morrigan_Blue » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:24 pm

@CC21106 Hello! Nice to meet you!:) Oh yes, the depth of their research is simply amazing. I've learnt tons from just reading some threads here. And thank you for being so friendly too!:)

@24623 Hello to a fellow Asian! Oh noooo... I feel your pain :'(. The Asian tour was AMAZING. The production even made some small additions which I thought were pretty interesting.
One highlight of mine was when Valjean sang the line: Where will she end, this child without a friend? Haven't cut in after 'where will she end' by pointing at Fantine and shouting: This...! As if he couldn't comprehend Valjean giving such attention/care to a prostitute. Valjean then interjects his exclamation with: child without a friend.
Not sure if I'm making sense here hehe but that just stood out to me pretty strongly and further emphasized Valjean's humility.
Of course, the cast were really strong and the added special effects for Javert's Suicide and Dog Eats Dog were SOOO COOOL...
Anyway, I should stop here else I'll be writing for the next few years hehe...
I hope you get to catch a production sometime! I'm sure you'll really enjoy it!:):)

Postby 23623 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:38 pm

And I'll be happily waiting for your review, as long as by "next few years" you don't mean "19 years". :D

Btw it's 23623 not 24623. I know it's very tempting to put a 4 between 2 and 6 for us mizzies. :mrgreen: Actually this was Valjean's prisoner number in the 2010 Madrid revival cast. The guy playing Valjean is my current favorite, check him out if you're interested! :D They kept 24601 in the 1993 Spanish cast but that didn't really work. Try singing it yourself (pronounce as if it were English if you don't speak Spanish) and you know what I mean: "Who am I? DOS CUATRO SEIS CERO UNO!" :lol:

Just curious, what were the special effects in Javert's suicide? I just watched a video of the 1987 Israel cast, in which Javert simply disappeared under the stage (like how Elphaba "melts" in Wicked). Nothing fancy there but it's interesting to see different versions. :wink:

Also seeing Les Mis on stage has been my biggest dream since I got into this fandom. I don't mind even if it is an amateur production or has the worst cast possible. I just want to see it live!
Revolution, but civilization

Morrigan_Blue

Postby Morrigan_Blue » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:55 am

@23623 oh no! Many apologies for the error! You’re right, it IS very tempting hehe… :mrgreen: Oh and that’s a really interesting nugget of information, I’m new to this forum and already learning cool stuff!!

Also, THAT VALJEAN REALLY IS GOOD… Many thanks for that recommendation :D

Regarding the special effects for Javert’s suicide, images of the river Seine below were projected on the backdrop which made it seem like we were viewing Javert from a bird’s eye view, falling backwards into the water. It’s hard to describe but looked really realistic.

Lastly, I totally understand your sentiment on seeing a live production, wishing you the very best of luck on your endeavour! :D :D

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Morrigan_Blue wrote:Regarding the special effects for Javert’s suicide, images of the river Seine below were projected on the backdrop which made it seem like we were viewing Javert from a bird’s eye view, falling backwards into the water. It’s hard to describe but looked really realistic.
That's an interesting way to do it. I saw one (online) where the railing was behind him and they yanked it upward to make it look like he was falling. Worked better than it sounds. That might have been the high school one.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Return to “Introductions”