Hello!!!

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
janicelikesstuff

Hello!!!

Postby janicelikesstuff » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:17 pm

Hello everyone!!!

My name is Janice, and I'm super excited to be here!!

I actually joined around last year, but I've been so busy that I haven't been able to post anything hahah.

So, I was introduced to Les Mis before I can even remember. I grew up listening to it and watching the tenth anniversary version. I read the brick in like... sixth grade? But that was like, very preliminary and it was an older translation, so I didn't understand a lot of it (oops...?). I reread it once I got a newer version - the Julie Rose translation - but, school got in my way and I wasn't able to finish. I plan on hopefully reading it again, though, as long as I can keep up with all of my classes too.

Outside of Les Mis, I'm into history, writing, and music - I play trumpet, piano, uke, and guitar, plus I sing. I'm really excited to get to know all of you!!!

Re: Hello!!!

Postby 23623 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Hello Janice! Wow...you were reading the brick at grade 6? That's really impressive. I'm rereading the book but I don't have plenty of time for that either. Seems that we students never have an easy life!

I play the piano as well and I was practicing the piano score of Les Mis last summer! Try this some day, it's really interesting. :wink:
Revolution, but civilization

janicelikesstuff

Postby janicelikesstuff » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:18 pm

I was a really big history nerd, and I've always been really good at reading... and like I said, I can't say how much I really understood hahah... And yeah, I have one of those books for Les Mis, but I'm still super early in learning, so it's slow going for me.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:25 pm

Hey Janice :D Feels strange saying welcome to someone who's been registered for a year, but I'm glad you've delurked. Please do hop into some of the discussions - we don't bite :D
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Ursula_F

Postby Ursula_F » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:22 am

Hi! Sorry I didn't see this earlier!

It's great to see new people coming aboard! :)

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:16 pm

janicelikesstuff wrote:Hello everyone!!!

My name is Janice, and I'm super excited to be here!!

Howdy! I am brand new to the site and happy to meet new and old.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Return to “Introductions”