Bonjour!

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
Ursula_F

Bonjour!

Postby Ursula_F » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi! I'm so excited to find this board! I've been reading through it for the past few days and love all the discussions!

I had seen "Les Mis" on Broadway many years ago and enjoyed it at the time, but then forgot about it (sacrilege, I know!). Then, seeing the 2012 movie, I fell in love with it. I watched a lot of YouTube videos and bought the 10th Anniversary album. I finally decided to read The Brick, and JUST finished it yesterday!!! I was blown away by how many amazing scenes there were in the book that weren't in the musical! The part about the coffin, and the Jondrette chapter, had me on the edge of my seat! I loved Marius' and Cosette's much longer courtship story in the book, and thought the part with the handkerchief was totally adorable (hence my screenname!). I'm going to see the show on Broadway again in a few weeks (with much more appreciation this time!)

Thanks for having such an amazing forum!!!

Prisoner 24653

Re: Bonjour!

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:48 am

Hello! Welcome to the forums! I'm James. Pleased to meet you!

Awesome that you got to see the show on Broadway, and that the movie reinvigorated your love for the story. Hope you have an awesome time posting! If you have any questions or want to chat about anything at all, you're welcome to let me know. :mrgreen:

Postby 23623 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi Ursula! I absolutely love your username. The hankerchief incident is one of my favorite things in the entire book. Marius is such an adorable dork! :lol: I'm a huge fan of Marius/Cosette in the book (kinda strange considering I ship M/E in the musical...), the two cuties definitely need more love. :wink:
And it's great that you're going to see Les Mis on Broadway, hope you'll enjoy it!
Revolution, but civilization

Ursula_F

Postby Ursula_F » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:56 pm

Thanks for the welcomes!!!

23623, I feel the same way! In the musical, I totally shipped Marius and Éponine, because it seemed like they were friends and he did care about her, whereas Cosette was just some girl he saw ONCE, which made me roll my eyes. But in the book, OMG, Marius and Cosette are ADORABLE!!! And to Marius, Éponine is just that weird girl who lives next door - he does pity her, because she's so poor and destitute, but she also creeps him out and he tries to avoid her. It amazed me how different the book was from the movie/musical. (I definitely plan to post a lot of thoughts in the Brick thread!)

Oh, I also just started watching Shoujo Cosette, which I LOVE so far, not gonna lie! It's like a really awesome fanfic that follows the story but also adds some stuff, which I don't mind! And I also bought two old French versions on DVD, the one from 1935 and the one from 1958. So I know how I'll be spending my summer! LOL.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Hey Ursula, glad to have you onboard! :)
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Ursula_F

Postby Ursula_F » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks! :)

Return to “Introductions”