Hi!

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
Msieur le Inspecteur

Hi!

Postby Msieur le Inspecteur » Mon May 18, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi. I love Les Mis as much as I can. And with that I mean that I would probably like it more if I had actually since the show itself live. But, living in Brazil, that is rather complicated.
I'm a big fan of the book though. I've read the brick (in brazillian portuguese) and seem a lot of the film adaptations. Also I listen to the french recordings all the time (and the english ones too, when I'm the mood for it, mainly the Complete Symphonic Recording and the Original London).
Favorite recording is the original french album.
Favorite movie is the 4h30min. 1934 adaptation (although I would really like to see the 7h17min. 1925 film, but you can only see that in Paris)
Favorite song is Fantine's Arrest (Javert's part)
Favorite characters are Javert, Gavroche, and Gillenormand.

I'm really interested in the original french production too. And really disappointed the show has been going for so long without La Faute à Voltaire and the choruses they had back then, which were some of my favorite parts, but oh well. I still wish I can see it soon.

Also yeah, I registered some time ago already, but was just too lazy to make a proper introduction. Oops.

Prisoner 24653

Re: Hi!

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:43 pm

Good evening, dear Inspecteur; lovely evening, my dear! (Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol: )

Anyway, great to see you here! You're in Brazil? Nice! I live in Hawaii, so I don't get too many chances to see the musical live, though YouTube and other sources are helpful for seeing bootlegs from around the world. (And I did get at least some chances to see the live show in recent years, so I've been fortunate there.) And I love hearing and learning about the early versions of the musical, including the original French production and album.

Do you know of the musical performers Saulo Vasconcelos and Kiara Sasso? I loved them in bootlegs of The Phantom of the Opera I found from when they were in that show in 2005. It seems Saulo has played Inspector Javert in São Paulo back in 2001, as well... I'd love to find a recording of that, and it would be awesome if he got to play the role again (perhaps with Kiara as Fantine). :D

Msieur le Inspecteur

Postby Msieur le Inspecteur » Mon May 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Prisoner 24653 wrote:Do you know of the musical performers Saulo Vasconcelos and Kiara Sasso? I loved them in bootlegs of The Phantom of the Opera I found from when they were in that show in 2005. It seems Saulo has played Inspector Javert in São Paulo back in 2001, as well... I'd love to find a recording of that, and it would be awesome if he got to play the role again (perhaps with Kiara as Fantine). :D

Oh yeah, Saulo and Kiara are pretty famous in musical theater over here. Saulo also played Todd in some productions of Sweeney Todd.
I'm also looking for the soundboard to the entire brazillian production, but so far I can only find some videos:
Javert's Soliloquy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MzgVrJQx8I
Javert's Arrival:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEeLte-AA9M
Fantine's Arrest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQBgH-do6KM

There are some others, but they are mostly pretty bad quality.
Not the biggest fan of the translation of the lyrics, but you can't go wrong with Saulo singing :D.

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:22 am

Oh wow, thanks for posting those! He's excellent. :mrgreen:

Return to “Introductions”